• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Reputation Has Increased!   07/06/20

Hello. You have been asking for it and it is finally here. We have increased the number of reputation given in a day from 25 to 50. We will see how well 50 works out and if that is enough. Please continue to provide feedback and we will reevaluate as needed. This change has been added to the site changes thread located here. Happy repping. Thank you.

1222 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I was just halfway through her new vid on Dakota Rose then it cut out, said it was unavailable due to copyright claim, I wasn't really looking when I clicked off but it gave the name of who the claim was from, I don't follow Dakota Rose but was it her? Anyone else catch it? Sherliza seemed to be pretty pro Dakota upto the point I got to in the vid!

EDIT: nm Dakota Rose forum got a shot of it: https://prettyuglylittleliar.net/topic/913-dakotas-videos/?page=45 

Edited by Ugly Pixie

Posted

I was just halfway through her new vid on Dakota Rose then it cut out, said it was unavailable due to copyright claim, I wasn't really looking when I clicked off but it gave the name of who the claim was from, I don't follow Dakota Rose but was it her? Anyone else catch it? Sherliza seemed to be pretty pro Dakota upto the point I got to in the vid!

Uh oh..

Kiki.png

Posted

Uh oh..

Kiki.png

Screenshot_20190521-195424.thumb.jpg.0da

Posted

The thread on Dakota also has Michelle's message to Kiki via her IG story where she basically says that Kiki doesn't know who she's dealing with and that by copyrighting the video she made a "rookie mistake..." 

Michelle is going all scary-girl with the copyright strike but that doesn't surprise me after how far she went last time this happened.

Posted (edited)

Screenshot from @mushroom in the Dakota video thread

Honestly I used to really really like Michelle. I've been subscribed to her youtube since the very beginning and was following her on tumblr long before. Her art and makeup always inspired me and I thought she was so genuine and unique. :alpacacrush:

But I feel as her subscriber count has gone up she's lost a great deal of what made her so special in the first place and a lot of her "e-fame" has gotten to her head. It seems like all she does is drag people down and try to stay relevant via discourse. I could get behind her when she said some things about Kboos (ot to this post but she seems like a total kboo to me imo or at least she likes to profit off of kboos and drag them simultaneously which is its own problem imo) and i could get behind her when she brought Sarah Mcdaniel's lying to surface.... but this is getting really exhausting tbh. There was no need to being up Kota's past, especially since Kota is now an adult and no longer relevant. 

Michelle was pretty cool, but now she seems like she relies on drama and discourse for views and attention and it honestly feels like it won't be long before she's in the snowflake section herself.

Screen_Shot_2019-05-21_at_8.21.05_PM.thumb.png.b88d03d68d4a53f51e02ee80beeaa647.png

Edited by Bobobo
Typos

Posted

From her tumblr. It's almost funny how messed up her logic is. 
- She makes a provocative video of someone.
- It gets taken down
- Offers to send the video to "many people" so that they will reupload it to various accounts (purpose = to make them mad)
- Accuses them of bullying HER.

like, wtf? that's like punching someone, and when they tattle, say that tattling is a form of bullying. 

screen_shot.png

Posted

What was the video even about though? Did any of you actually watch it? Regardless of what she said, falsely copyright claiming video's is still wrong. 

Posted

She was mainly saying what’s already been said about Dakota Rose. Nothing new...

Posted

Is this really what she does now? i've been following her on tumblr/youtube for a long time before she really blew up because i loved her makeup but i started to lose interest when she started talking about kpop. (I love kpop, i just dont care for BTS/boy groups at all).

i didnt subscribe to michelle's youtube page to hear about other people's lives. i subscribed for her life/makeup. I'll have to unsub now....

Also, i have a feeling she's on PULL regularly and is probably going to make videos about all the people in the banner within the next 2 years or so. She'll probably become one of those clickbait drama/tea youtubers and I personally don't care for those types of youtubers at all

Posted

What was the video even about though? Did any of you actually watch it? Regardless of what she said, falsely copyright claiming video's is still wrong. 

I watched the whole thing, right before it was taken down. 

She just talked about all the reasons people hated Dakota:

- photoshopping - Michelle doesn’t care about this, she saw Dakota’s photo shopping as art. Thinks it’s pointless that people would point it out because it’s so obvious and she never thought it was meant to be convincing.

- problematic past - she agrees the things D.R.  Said were wrong and it’s fine to be held accountable for these things

- fake persona - she felt it was supposed to be obvious that it was fake and that D.R was just playing a character. She said she feels the way D.r presents herself in her more recent Japanese interviews and appearances is more to her true personality

- admires her work ethic, as she learnt Japanese pretty fast and is clearly dedicated to what she does

the whole video seemed a little random and unnecessary to me. No one cares about Dakota Rose anymore. But I have got to admit, Michelle’s videos are VERY well made. 

(Also, it’s SO obvious she lurks PULL...)

Posted (edited)

yeah i watched it too, on the problematic past part, she emphasized how she shouldn't be criticized for something she did a long time ago. She also said she didn't agree with girls 'obsession' online - could be a jab at pull? saying she was fake and photo-shopped herself into her career in Japan. She mentioned how the photoshopping was obvious etc when back then (2012 ish) photo and video editing was not common at all (and the photoshop was very well done in comparison to the shitty facetune of loads of internet personalities today tbh) in the dakota rose felice fawn era and they fooled a load of people. she basically just called it self expression and art but neglected completely to mention that she would deny photoshop, circle lenses, hair extensions etc. she was basically kissing dakota's ass for the whole thing - she admitted to some level of fascination, she thought she was pretty etc.

regarding the strikes: i don't know if she was angry because she deliberately put dakota in a good light and didn't think they would try anything because michelle sided with her/ or that she genuinely admired her and shes shocked they want to take it down. I mean how dare they want to move on from mentions of past controversy when shes hardly an internet personality anymore. resurfacing drama like that could affect her career so i have always kind of understood the strikes - either her (+ family) or her company putting pressure on removing this kind of stuff from youtube or dakota just genuinely wanting to move on with a past she doesn't associate with anymore. i'm not keen on dakota but I don't really think michelle should be surprised lol, i wonder if shell make a second video putting her and her sister in a far worse light out of spite

Edited by mynameisseersha

Posted

Yeah, I can see why Michelle could be upset because when I watched the video, she seemed to be really positive towards dakota and she even defended her when the controversies came up??(I can't exactly remember sorry). With that being said, I can also see why dakota still doesn't want videos like that because they still show stuff that she obviously doesn't want others to find out about. Just because you can forgive Michelle, doesn't mean others can, even if it's all old news.

Posted

ugh come on Dakota Rose is old news, why is she making a whole ass video about her all of a sudden? I'm still waiting on her supposed Korean religious cult recruitment attempt lmao til then have fun with your copyright strike girl! 

Posted

Is this really what she does now? i've been following her on tumblr/youtube for a long time before she really blew up because i loved her makeup but i started to lose interest when she started talking about kpop. (I love kpop, i just dont care for BTS/boy groups at all).

i didnt subscribe to michelle's youtube page to hear about other people's lives. i subscribed for her life/makeup. I'll have to unsub now....

Also, i have a feeling she's on PULL regularly and is probably going to make videos about all the people in the banner within the next 2 years or so. She'll probably become one of those clickbait drama/tea youtubers and I personally don't care for those types of youtubers at all

if she does one on venus that would be pretty low tbh. 

Posted (edited)

I was interested in Sherliza from her takes but then I saw that she likes Maajid Nawas and it left a sour taste in my mouth.

Edited by AudreyLah
Misspelled words