• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

794 posts in this topic

Posted

to be fair I think no one was necessarily praising michelle. In the end it was always about the armys. It would be better for the thread if we could discuss armys or bts related content in the kpop thread.

I agree that the conversation about armys is getting repetitive, but this whole downvoting spree by wks goes waay back to the very beginning of the thread. In fact it was even worse then, so it doesn't matter whether the subject is BTS or whatever.

I know it personally kept me from posting here, even though I don't dislike Michelle, so it would make this thread a lot nicer if we could be respectful of people's opinions.

Posted

Lol actually, going to multiple shows is way worse. 

She's laughing at kids who waste hours of their life streaming BTS while she wastes hours of her life and hundreds of dollars seeing them play the same songs on the same tour. That's pretty fucking pathetic IMO. As I said in my previous post, I'm sure she has better things to waste her time on. 

I think you are misunderstanding... She's laughing at them because these kids spend hours upon hours streaming JUST to get BTS to a certain amount of views, because people think that, that is what every music video they drop needs, immense views... She's saying that people should just watch the video because they like to watch it, not to just boost BTS to achieve a certain amount of YT views. Also, it is pretty cringey for someone to have ten different appliances just to stream a video to get ten million views back from YT... it really is cringey. This isn't hypocritical of her, especially since she (assuming) does not stream as these kids do. In regards to her attending concerts, she is doing that because she enjoys them not because OMG BTS MUST ACHIEVE THIS NUMBER OF TICKET SALES. That's the point, to watch the video because you like it and not to just boost the views on yt as if that is what really matters... To be honest, I think some fans are too obsessed with view counts on social media along with retweets. Everything has to be "xyz, first of men, reaching 100 million views in six seconds, never done before, wow." 

Posted

Lol actually going out to see your favorite group perform and enjoying a concert is not the same as a 24hr "job" trying to stream "BTS idol" at the library 😂. 

Honestly I am not a wk or anything. If most I feel there is a certain fakeness to Michelle that I do not like... but she does make good points sometimes thats all.

Posted

I've noticed that Kpop fandoms (particularly ARMYs) tend to be tightly knit and have kind of a hivemind. Add competitiveness on top of that, and you've got people urging you to stream. 

Basically, I'm assuming the dislike stems from both of the things above- she criticized them, and they write her off forever. 

Posted

IDK maybe I just didn't like the way she was laughing at kids who jusst want to be a part of something or support something they love? She said in her video that they're most likely 14 and we all know how mature 14 year olds and such are. laughing at kids for being kids is so sad especially when what they're doing has absolutley no impact on you, it reminds me of the people who get upset when they see a kid dab or do a fortnite dance in public. She was spot on with the rest of the video though. 

Anyway, she said on IG that shes gonna make another Q&A soonish so yall can look forward to that.  

Posted

I think you are misunderstanding... She's laughing at them because these kids spend hours upon hours streaming JUST to get BTS to a certain amount of views, because people think that, that is what every music video they drop needs, immense views... She's saying that people should just watch the video because they like to watch it, not to just boost BTS to achieve a certain amount of YT views. Also, it is pretty cringey for someone to have ten different appliances just to stream a video to get ten million views back from YT... it really is cringey. This isn't hypocritical of her, especially since she (assuming) does not stream as these kids do. In regards to her attending concerts, she is doing that because she enjoys them not because OMG BTS MUST ACHIEVE THIS NUMBER OF TICKET SALES. That's the point, to watch the video because you like it and not to just boost the views on yt as if that is what really matters... To be honest, I think some fans are too obsessed with view counts on social media along with retweets. Everything has to be "xyz, first of men, reaching 100 million views in six seconds, never done before, wow." 

i dont think you understand that streaming helps bts and other artist become more popular and helps them set new records whether its worldwide or personal they can get awards and its a way for fans to support artists if they dont have money 

tbh like let people stream if they want its not that deep michelle was just bullyin some random army for doing something theyre passionate about and thats kinda fucked up imo

IDK maybe I just didn't like the way she was laughing at kids who jusst want to be a part of something or support something they love? She said in her video that they're most likely 14 and we all know how mature 14 year olds and such are. laughing at kids for being kids is so sad especially when what they're doing has absolutley no impact on you, it reminds me of the people who get upset when they see a kid dab or do a fortnite dance in public. She was spot on with the rest of the video though. 

Anyway, she said on IG that shes gonna make another Q&A soonish so yall can look forward to that.  

yes exactly!! plus like if the kid is a 14yo girl like ?? young teen girls are so emotionally vulnerable especially if they like "the pretty" male pop artists (1D, shawn mendes, justin bieber, ect.) bullying a kid for liking something and doing their best to show support is honestly unfair 

Posted

Jesus she wasn't bullying anyone , maybe if anything poking fun at most. Can we stop with the army talk 

Posted

Jesus she wasn't bullying anyone , maybe if anything poking fun at most. Can we stop with the army talk 

We could if it wasn't what Michelle mainly involves herself with these days. 

Posted

lmao got em

Posted (edited)

i dont think you understand that streaming helps bts and other artist become more popular and helps them set new records whether its worldwide or personal they can get awards and its a way for fans to support artists if they dont have money 

tbh like let people stream if they want its not that deep michelle was just bullyin some random army for doing something theyre passionate about and thats kinda fucked up imo

yes exactly!! plus like if the kid is a 14yo girl like ?? young teen girls are so emotionally vulnerable especially if they like "the pretty" male pop artists (1D, shawn mendes, justin bieber, ect.) bullying a kid for liking something and doing their best to show support is honestly unfair 

Well, firstly I do understand that streaming helps artists achieve massive amounts of popularity. However, that does not make the idea of streaming twenty-four hours a day simultaneously on different platforms appealing at all me... Sorry. Especially since I am not a super fanatic obsessed with BTS winning worldwide records. I stream their music because I like it, I watch their MVs because they're interesting, but I'm not the type to be overly obsessed with the view count. In my own view, the music/artistic creativity (substance) is more important than the popularity and them setting new records for "omg bts achieved xyz amount of views in xyz amount of time. wow amaaaazing." 

At the end of the day, we all have our own opinions. No one is saying that these kids can't stream... Although, 14-year-old girls who are, as you put it, "emotionally vulnerable" showing this kind of obsessive behavior over streams is a bit startling... in my opinion.

I can understand the feeling of being triggered... I think we all can. I guess at some point or another we were super crazy over an idol... I guess.

Interestingly enough, one day I watched one of her videos and I was like... hmm I feel like she's gonna stan BTS one day. Then the next day she uploaded a video about them. ;0 Am I psychic??? Maybe it's time to hone my powers???

Edited by mochalatte

Posted

Well, firstly I do understand that streaming helps artists achieve massive amounts of popularity. However, that does not make the idea of streaming twenty-four hours a day simultaneously on different platforms appealing at all me... Sorry. Especially since I am not a super fanatic obsessed with BTS winning worldwide records. I stream their music because I like it, I watch their MVs because they're interesting, but I'm not the type to be overly obsessed with the view count. In my own view, the music/artistic creativity (substance) is more important than the popularity and them setting new records for "omg bts achieved xyz amount of views in xyz amount of time. wow amaaaazing." 

right and youre fine to feel that way but if fans wanna stream let them? it isnt hurting anyone ykno ?

Posted

right and youre fine to feel that way but if fans wanna stream let them? it isnt hurting anyone ykno ?

Uhh... it's not like I can grab their laptop, wii, xbox, playstation, macbook, ipad, iphone, ipod, android, and all their other streaming devices. LOL! What they do on the internet is primarily up to them and what their parents allow, so they have to deal with the consequences.

Anyways... stan loona. :harharplz:

Posted

Uhhh... Most of this discussion can go to the kpop unpopular opinions or even random chat, cause at this point it’s becoming off topic. 

Honestly, her best videos are the ones where she isn’t talking about kpop. I like her makeup and her aesthetic is nice. 

Posted

Uhhh... Most of this discussion can go to the kpop unpopular opinions or even random chat, cause at this point it’s becoming off topic. 

Honestly, her best videos are the ones where she isn’t talking about kpop. I like her makeup and her aesthetic is nice. 

I like the ones where she makes those creepy faces and shows off all her other creations. Somehow this yellow insect ( a bee?) got in my room. I feel bad, but I killed that sucker and I was thinking about sending it to her, but that would be too much work for a little dead thing..

Posted (edited)

Tbh unless something like streaming someone's video so many times is physically and mentally abusing you then I think it's safe to say people can do whatever the f they want. As an army I agree so many younger armys can be quiet toxic on twitter, especially when older armys don't care to participate in drama so we just watch from the sidelines, but I don't see why streaming something to help your group get views should be considered a bad thing. Let the kids live.

Anyways back on topic. I've said this before and I will say it again, these days Youtubers are saying whatever they can to get someone's gears grinding. Before it was only good publicity that mattered, now it's all publicity is good publicity. And frankly she doesn't seem like a bad person to me, but from some of her videos she's just annoying how "edgy" she wants to seem to the world, while being quiet kboo-ish herself imo. Roast me by all means, but as someone approaching 30s, and experience wise, I've seen this sh*t one too many times.

Note: I do like some of her videos like the Sarah Mcdaniel one.

Edited by gwiyomi