• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Reputation Has Increased!   07/06/20

Hello. You have been asking for it and it is finally here. We have increased the number of reputation given in a day from 25 to 50. We will see how well 50 works out and if that is enough. Please continue to provide feedback and we will reevaluate as needed. This change has been added to the site changes thread located here. Happy repping. Thank you.

1222 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

a dating scandal isn't a means to some end of "weeding out" these "delusional fans," as you said, real people could be endangered. outing members' relationships aren't going to make sasaengs or even just angry/disagreeable people disappear, 

you'd think they'd get louder [?]. not even considering those physical concerns to safety, mental/emotional demands would deter most anyone is this situation from seeing someone *

* not to mention the obvious affects on bangtans' careers: idols are marketed as "available" in order to build an artificial relationship with consumers, creating an illusion (especially to impressionable, oftentimes young fans) that they are as accessible as the people in the fans' personal lives. ultimately, these consumers "buy in[to]" idols both emotionally and literally (i.e., $$$)

Exactly. Dating scandals might serve as means to weed out obsessed fans for bands like 1D (although there were consequences when the dating news came out, it wasn't anything serious) but it's a whole different story for idol groups. Like you said, idol culture doesn't work that way. The backlash is much more severe and can seriously hurt idols. I'm not saying that just because Michelle hasn't been a fan for too long she can't have her own opinions but I don't think she knows enough about kpo or idol culture to make statements like these.

Edited by suripin
forgot to proofread

Posted

I don't know if it's just me but this is the first time in a thread where people care more about whether she's a fan or not than the message of the content? I know people have speculated in other thread's (like Kenna's) whether or not she's a "true" fan of something but I think that it doesn't what you do, you can still be a genuine fan of someone or something. 

It seems like whenever there is a situation involving her videos about them, there always seems to be people who have been fans longer or know everything in the sun, trying to use the fact that she may not know one thing about them to delegitimize her stance. 

I just don't think the fact that she hasn't been a fan as long or doesn't know everything under the sun doesn't mean she doesn't have any less right to my opinion videos or things of that nature. Whether it's a proper opinion video or criticism isn't up to me though but I think the fact that people have to consider her a "real" fan or not because she may be talking about a hot button topic doesn't make sense to me. Unless I'm interperting something wrong.

i completely agree her content ought to be judged based on message, regardless of whether she is a "real" fan or "fake" fan. and similarly, i do not believe length of time someone is a fan determines whether or not their "fan-ness" is "real" or "fake" 

regardless, i do dislike when people give opinions that are misguided or under-researched (e.g., michelle claiming bangtan needs a "music video that's just animation," even though such music video exists), as this does actually delegitimize premises. 

she is totally 💯% justified in having opinions, but her opinions themselves are just not always justified. this can be especially frustrating since michelle broadcasts to a large audience, and thereby "gatekeeps" a lot of information for impressionable, perhaps equally "newer" fans

Posted

i completely agree her content ought to be judged based on message, regardless of whether she is a "real" fan or "fake" fan. and similarly, i do not believe length of time someone is a fan determines whether or not their "fan-ness" is "real" or "fake" 

regardless, i do dislike when people give opinions that are misguided or under-researched (e.g., michelle claiming bangtan needs a "music video that's just animation," even though such music video exists), as this does actually delegitimize premises. 

she is totally 💯% justified in having opinions, but her opinions themselves are just not always justified. this can be especially frustrating since michelle broadcasts to a large audience, and thereby "gatekeeps" a lot of information for impressionable, perhaps equally "newer" fans

I think it's a bit of a reach to say that a misinformed opinion lends weight to the fact that she's "gatekeeping" information to "impressionable" fans. How can you gatekeep information you don't know? And it's not as if google doesn't exist. Both parties have a responsibility for checking information. But it's still an opinion and opinions can be wrong logically,etc.  

I feel like people are giving her too much power like she's the Mom of the fanbase or something. If her opinion was based on the fact that she didn't know a certain type of information then that's what it is at the end of the day. That shouldn't give leverge to whether she's a true fan or not (therefore exploiting them). 

I'm saying it feels like a lot of the critism that I've seen is basically "She made xyz mistake in her opinion, so we don't know if she's a real fan or not". 

Posted (edited)

Okay, so I chose my words poorly.  I originally said she was a clout chaser but that was rude. I just wish she wouldn’t choose such click bait like titles and then have generally tame videos.  Like, I feel she could make her point another way.

I’m not on board with stan twitter’s harassment though. 

Edited by evrthngis2expnsve

Posted

Stan culture is toxic. I might have been a bit salty regarding her getting a sponsorship from bighit. I rewatched the video again and it's not even really an unpopular video tbh. Her opinions are pretty uncontroversial and reasonable I guess ugh 🙃 I admit I kinda have a love/hate relationship with michelles content.

Posted

I think it's a bit of a reach to say that a misinformed opinion lends weight to the fact that she's "gatekeeping" information to "impressionable" fans. How can you gatekeep information you don't know? And it's not as if google doesn't exist. Both parties have a responsibility for checking information. But it's still an opinion and opinions can be wrong logically,etc.  

I feel like people are giving her too much power like she's the Mom of the fanbase or something. If her opinion was based on the fact that she didn't know a certain type of information then that's what it is at the end of the day. That shouldn't give leverge to whether she's a true fan or not (therefore exploiting them). 

I'm saying it feels like a lot of the critism that I've seen is basically "She made xyz mistake in her opinion, so we don't know if she's a real fan or not". 

can someone not play the role of "gatekeeper" to (un?)reliable information? rumors and false information can become viral when, as you pointed out, unchecked. "gatekeepers" decide which information will go forward and which will not by regulating its flow, regardless of whether that information is "true"

she obviously isn't slandering this group, 

nor is her influence all-powerful. perhaps my word choice was poor, considering michelle is certainly not the only person releasing information about this group, nor does her "reach" extend to everyone in the fan community. in my opinion, it would also be unfair to say she has zero impact, all the same

as mentioned before, she can broadcast her opinions. although, in an age where "unpopular opinions" often time become factual or undisputed within communities, 🤷🤷🤷🤷🤷 i don't know maybe we need a review that rates of accuracy of claims by korean music youtubers, much like political fact-checking sites for american politics lmao (((joke)))

Posted

can someone not play the role of "gatekeeper" to (un?)reliable information? rumors and false information can become viral when, as you pointed out, unchecked. "gatekeepers" decide which information will go forward and which will not by regulating its flow, regardless of whether that information is "true"

she obviously isn't slandering this group, 

nor is her influence all-powerful. perhaps my word choice was poor, considering michelle is certainly not the only person releasing information about this group, nor does her "reach" extend to everyone in the fan community. in my opinion, it would also be unfair to say she has zero impact, all the same

as mentioned before, she can broadcast her opinions. although, in an age where "unpopular opinions" often time become factual or undisputed within communities, 🤷🤷🤷🤷🤷 i don't know maybe we need a review that rates of accuracy of claims by korean music youtubers, much like political fact-checking sites for american politics lmao (((joke)))

Because it's literally not that deep lol 

No one is going to take her opinions as fact because they're opinions? Who cares if her opinions are factually incorrect they're only opinions? She isn't BTS' PR team. It seems you just don't like her opinions and that's fine but don't act as if she's destroying careers because she didn't know bts had an animated video. 

Oh no some new BTS fans don't know that they have a certain type of video out...BTS is gonna disband now because Michelle uploaded a video with her opinion that wasn't fact checked in it omg. Darn Michelle and her un-fact-checked opinion!  

BTS,  look out Michelle is coming with her un-fact-checked opinion. Oh my God they can't hear us, they have airpods in. 

I could care less if an unpopular opinion is fact-checked or not because it's just an opinion.  Why does an opinion have to be accurate? The reach is astounding. 

Posted (edited)

Because it's literally not that deep lol 

No one is going to take her opinions as fact because they're opinions? Who cares if her opinions are factually incorrect they're only opinions? She isn't BTS' PR team. It seems you just don't like her opinions and that's fine but don't act as if she's destroying careers because she didn't know bts had an animated video. 

Oh no some new BTS fans don't know that they have a certain type of video out...BTS is gonna disband now because Michelle uploaded a video with her opinion that wasn't fact checked in it omg. Darn Michelle and her un-fact-checked opinion!  

Hidden Content

I could care less if an unpopular opinion is fact-checked or not because it's just an opinion.  Why does an opinion have to be accurate? The reach is astounding. 

me thinking some of her opinions are inaccurate = me thinking she is destroying careers [???]

um.........reach [?????]

Edited by heonie

Posted

maybe it's more dalcomsoft's choice than bighits? 

I'm sure it's Dalcomsoft's as well, no chance the offer came from Big Hit. Superstar BTS was published on YT Dalcomsoft channel on the 7th of January.

She went to Korea a couple of weeks before. I don't think she was invited, she flew Air China, cheap and affordable choice. But I'm quite sure she broaded her connections there.

Why do I care? I don't know. I used to be a devoted follower of Michelle but now there is something I don't get. I mean, it's totally ok to change and accept sponsors, the point is that Michelle is skillful, talented, and a smart manipulator in delivering contents.

The whole saesang story. Someting was off, the interview seemed true as well as the fact that she didn't dislike completely the idea to get BTS pics by saesangs or else going deeper into that world. I'm disgusted by those people and I would never browsing IG or YT trying to find saesang content so probably that's why I'm on two minds about her.

Posted

I love her content. But there's so much bts stuff now, since I'm not a kpop fan I'm super bored. She used to make fun of kpop fans and now she's just as obsessed as your usual listener. 

She reminds me of myself. Once I got into my 20s, I went back to being a full on anime fan and went back to listening to Japanese bands. It's like a second "weeabo" phase. 

Posted

I love her content. But there's so much bts stuff now, since I'm not a kpop fan I'm super bored. She used to make fun of kpop fans and now she's just as obsessed as your usual listener. 

She reminds me of myself. Once I got into my 20s, I went back to being a full on anime fan and went back to listening to Japanese bands. It's like a second "weeabo" phase. 

Same, I like BTS but gosh she gives us so much BTS stuff that i could go a long time without seeing anymore. I don't mind a few K-pop videos here and there but god give us a B R E A K.

OT but i've also started to get more into J-pop bands again and i feel like i'm going back in time with my music taste lololol

Posted

sdsfsds.thumb.JPG.7bf42e3bcd3d23af361b13

looks like stan twitter is trying to get rid of her. the video they used is of michelle talking about how she's irked about bts' insistence on putting sunscreen on all the time and basically calls them colorist.

other than this, a lot of tweets are being made on why to cancel michelle. they all basically say that she calls them colorist, plagiarizers, twists their words, is obsessed with their dating life, sells expensive brooches, lied about the sasaeng interview, and is a "clout chaser".

zxcz.thumb.JPG.287f61e7527d1883e2f109e5b

xsds.thumb.JPG.1c757a4fb11d9f2d6de7f4d43

zxc.thumb.JPG.05bd0411817fe09bdca836c2c7

i see a lot of tweets saying "the sasaeng interview was proved to be fake" and after searching the internet for a bit, i couldn't find what "proof" they're talking about, other than the pull member here explaining that the accent does not sound turkish at all. 

zoxzxc.thumb.JPG.3fac47451222f006177d4a5

she also posted this on ig i think

D0hy02gWwAEfgN5.thumb.jpg.46ab95090b3d54

and this angered a lot of people because they think she's twisting the message of bts' love yourself concept. someone messaged michelle regarding this post and i included the screenshots below.

sdsfzx.thumb.JPG.53b6f0bd8c360a9cb00251a

D0iFzPdX0AUSx-D.thumb.jpg.f2cd853873880e

D0iFzPiXcAUbqR7.thumb.jpg.779fa1e8f1e21a

D0iFzPeX0AAx2Uw.thumb.jpg.834c1692f19fe7

apparently she went on a blocking spree

sasda.thumb.JPG.c8eaebd554754a4265b4497d

Posted (edited)

Okay but tbh I think she's making the right choice. Don't get me wrong I unsubscribe from her because I've had enough bts content for the next 2 years but stan twitter just seems bored. Like.....if that's the worst thing happening in the fandom right now they need to Calm down ....

I find her tumblr rant stupid but I really don't think she's being malicious all those armies need a bath and some relaxing tea

Edited by Eyelashestoolong
Typo

Posted

She seem obsessed with the her idea that BTS should be dating. Also loving yourself before loving someone else is a faulty concept? I'm sorry what. I'm too tired and don't know how to explain this but so many people try to find boyfriend or girlfriend for a hole in their heart they should fill with selflove. So many people who can't even make friends or build meaningful platonic relationships because they are still dealing with internal struggles are spending way too much time dating in dysfunctional draining relationships. Loving yourself is a long journey you'll go through your whole life. To love someone else you should love yourself as well. You'll fall for the wrong people if you don't have any self respect. I don't know how to explain this but it's a given you'll always be a little more critical of yourself. One period of your life you will accept your flaws and in a down moment you'll not be able to. It's natural. But it's important to not forget about self love. Especially in relationships with other people. Not saying you have to be at 90 percent self love to date but it's enough to be keeping it in mind. I feel like she taking that concept way too literal to push her views. I dunno man I don't agree with Armies trying to burn her channel down although I dislike some of the things she says in her videos and stuff but I don't like what Michelle is doing either. 

Posted

The stupidest most toxic people are on stan twitter they just keep proving michelles point without even realizing it themselves.

It's also funny how twitter keeps calling out michelle for being a clout chaser and telling other armys to cancel and block/ignore the channel but they keep tweeting and ranting about her. Seems a bit obsessed and counterproductive.