• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

1222 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Okay, so I'm no expert on accents or anything but can I just say that countries can have multiple different accents, maybe the ex saseng had a regional accent or maybe their accent was slightly more or less thick than an average Turkish person? She may have also been faking her nationality for privacy's sake.:alpacaheadshake: personally I thought she sounded Greek but whatever.

Apparently the ex saseng wants to do a skype interviewASSASSAS.thumb.JPG.f730214953261622054fe

I don't see why someone would lie about their nationality when their voice is already distorted and you can't see their face. And Turkish has many dialects, but no one rolls their R's regardless of how heavy their accent is. Turkish has 2 allophones of the R sound (alveolar tap and voiceless alveolar fricative) meaning you will never hear a Turkish person roll their R's like the person in Michelle's video does, which is an alveloar trill. They also roll their tongue back when pronouncing the letter L before some vowels, which the person in the video doesn't do at all. You should go and check out anzujaamu's channel, she has a heavy regional accent and it sounds nothing like the person in Michelle's video. It also doesn't sound Greek to me at all, Greek people pronouce the English "sh" and as "s" and "j" as "tz" and also use a much more open mouth when pronouncing the letter o.

I'm not a linguist, just a language enthusiast, so I could be completely off-base and I'm happy to be proven wrong if Michelle has some concrete proof, but something tells me that the second interview is never gonna happen. The whole "I don't want to give the sasaeing more attention" just sounds like she's trying to make excuses because a Skype call would be a lot more difficult to fake.

Edited by xena
formatting

Posted

I'm not Turkish myself but I live in a city with a lot of Turkish people and i would've never identified this as a Turkish accent. The "r" kind of sounds like someone trying to imitate a Russian accent (and failing lol) or something like that. 

She really needs to be careful because the kpop hype is going to die down eventually and nowadays hyped don't last long at all. She could lose a lot of engagement and followers once it happens. 

Posted

Hidden Content

True, however if the ex saseng is a real person I'm pretty sure they would do everything in their power to remain as anonymous as possible, I'd be paranoid as hell if I was in their shoes considering that some kpop fans/sasengs/antis are extreme, also I kinda thought the distortion was quite minimal?? I'd be paranoid that someone would edit it back to normal or whatever IDK why they didn't use text to speech but I suppose that would make it look fake as hell. I suppose we just have to wait until she does the skype video if she ever does it

Given the fact that she's overcharging people for BTS charms I wouldn't be surprised at all if the saseng was fake though since it kinda seems to me that she's just trying to use BTS and Kpop to gain followers. I think she's a genuine BTS fan though and I don't care that she likes them. 

Posted

True, however if the ex saseng is a real person I'm pretty sure they would do everything in their power to remain as anonymous as possible, I'd be paranoid as hell if I was in their shoes considering that some kpop fans/sasengs/antis are extreme, also I kinda thought the distortion was quite minimal?? I'd be paranoid that someone would edit it back to normal or whatever IDK why they didn't use text to speech but I suppose that would make it look fake as hell. I suppose we just have to wait until she does the skype video if she ever does it

Given the fact that she's overcharging people for BTS charms I wouldn't be surprised at all if the saseng was fake though since it kinda seems to me that she's just trying to use BTS and Kpop to gain followers. I think she's a genuine BTS fan though and I don't care that she likes them. 

hmm i don't know, going that far to maintain anonymity is kind of a stretch, lol. like really, what are the chances someone will try to edit it back to normal and go on an all out investigation to find which person in turkey has that kind of voice? and trying to do so with social media is still extremely difficult because no one puts out their real voice unless they willingly do so in video.

and even if she did do so, there is probably the high chance she deleted said videos.

sorry for being too deep on the topic, but i really feel like that argument is kind of ridiculous. i think michelle is just lying for views. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Posted

Being an army for 4+ years I watch and know every BTS youtuber and I'm kinda shocked that out of all the kpop youtubers Bighit decided to sponsor michelle with their game??? I've never seen any other BTS content creator get a sponsorship for that app either too. idk if I'm slightly salty or just confused.

Posted (edited)

Being an army for 4+ years I watch and know every BTS youtuber and I'm kinda shocked that out of all the kpop youtubers Bighit decided to sponsor michelle with their game??? I've never seen any other BTS content creator get a sponsorship for that app either too. idk if I'm slightly salty or just confused.

maybe it's more dalcomsoft's choice than bighits? 

anyways, the sexuality talk in this video annoyed me, i know many fans exaggerate when they say 'tae looked at this guy, he's gay!' but does she seriously believe that if bts were gay they'd just say so in interviews??? of course they talk abt girls, it's expected of them. every gay person that has to protect themselves does. (also the bi erasure in this vid.......) and bts definitely have to do so, since sk isn't very known for being lgbt friendly at all, and they're the biggest group in the world right now with the most intense fans- as a gay person that really annoyed me. 

Edited by helhel
added sth

Posted

maybe it's more dalcomsoft's choice than bighits? 
anyways, the sexuality talk in this video annoyed me, i know many fans exaggerate when they say 'tae looked at this guy, he's gay!' but does she seriously believe that if bts were gay they'd just say so in interviews??? of course they talk abt girls, it's expected of them. every gay person that has to protect themselves does. (also the bi erasure in this vid.......) and bts definitely have to do so, since sk isn't very known for being lgbt friendly at all, and they're the biggest group in the world right now with the most intense fans- as a gay person that really annoyed me. 

while I agree that that part was annoying to watch but I believe that was michelles whole point to make it as annoying as possible.

Unbenannt.png

Posted

while I agree that that part was annoying to watch but I believe that was michelles whole point to make it as annoying as possible.

Unbenannt.png

her saying 'maybe i'm also just over analyzing' made it seem like she's indeed talking abt her own standpoint in the second half cuz an army that assumes their sexuality like that wouldn't say that,, it's really confusing i think she should have done this way differently gjhdegg since most ppl agree with them being het anyways 

Posted

The fact that she mentiones how some armys tried to report her to bighit for disliking some of BTS' songs and her telling those people to fuck off while this whole video is sponsored by BTS fucking sends jhakhdhjak 

the savagery is unreal

Posted (edited)

"dating scandals would be a good thing for bts because bts really does not need toxic, delusional fans who think they can own them"

there is nothing wrong with them dating, however the potential consequences of these idols being "exposed" for dating are hardly a "good thing" (e.g., threats against members or members' partners, which would be emotionally-mentally exhausting, and furthermore, would force members into decisions; for example, disbanding for sake of wellbeing). unfortunately there are genuine safety concerns,

"i would love to see some bts music videos that are a little bit more different than dancing, aesthetic shots, and back to dancing"

girl, do you even follow other music groups?

"...or a music video that's just animation"

again, g i r l, do you realize that their older comeback trailers (essentially music videos for the "intro" songs, like "never mind") are entirely "just" animated?

i was also uncomfortable with how michelle addressed members' sexualities, even though i recognize she was attempting to caricature, in her words: "delusional armys."

reasons why "delusional armys" assume members' sexualities are complex. i think "delusional armys" are mostly young women and teenagers who embrace this kind of "liminal space" for queer fantasy (and i would guess many idol groups catalyze[?] this fantasy, since they juxtapose toxic masculinity). young women and teenagers are expected to "grow-out" of this space in order to "grow-into" more "mature," albeit heteronormative roles: generally, society expects women to "rein in" queer imagination in order to take on the "expected" social role of "married female" at some point (making this transitory stage of assuming korean idols' sexualities somewhat immature and naive)

Edited by heonie

Posted

Unbenannt.png

idk something about her comment just rubs me the wrong way. like how when people say "i dont care if you're white, hispanic, black, red, blue, etc!"

also she says that BTS always talks about girls and never about boys (which im not sure if this is her actual belief or her "acting" but whatever i'll comment anyway), but a lot of times namjoon makes it a point to use gender neutral terms and does in fact show support for gay people. During the billboard awards where they were being interviewed, when asked if they had brought their girlfriends, namjoon says "no we don't have girlfriends or boyfriends." so no they aren't actively making love stories about men but they do try to stray away from heteronormative comments.

"dating scandals would be a good thing for bts because bts really does not need toxic, delusional fans who think they can own them"

there is nothing wrong with them dating, however the potential consequences of these idols being "exposed" for dating are hardly a "good thing" (e.g., threats against members or members' partners, which would be emotionally-mentally exhausting, and furthermore, would force members into decisions; for example, disbanding for sake of wellbeing). unfortunately there are genuine safety concerns,

honestly. like entertainment industries blacklisting them is the least of their worries. they would legitimately be in danger from these delusional fans. sasaengs are already known to block idols' cars, poison their drinks, etc like theres no telling what they would do.

Posted

In regards to 'dating scandals' in kpop, I remember G Dragon saying on a tv show that he doesn't and won't reveal the identity of who he's dating in order to protect their privacy (and safety). That's why he won't address dating rumours. He knows how dangerous sasaeng fans can be and even how over eager real fans can be. We've all heard some of the horror stories of what sasaengs do to idols. It's understandable BTS and other idols wouldn't want to put someone they're dating through that.

Posted (edited)

honestly. like entertainment industries blacklisting them is the least of their worries. they would legitimately be in danger from these delusional fans. sasaengs are already known to block idols' cars, poison their drinks, etc like theres no telling what they would do.

a dating scandal isn't a means to some end of "weeding out" these "delusional fans," as you said, real people could be endangered. outing members' relationships aren't going to make sasaengs or even just angry/disagreeable people disappear, 

you'd think they'd get louder [?]. not even considering those physical concerns to safety, mental/emotional demands would deter most anyone is this situation from seeing someone *

* not to mention the obvious affects on bangtans' careers: idols are marketed as "available" in order to build an artificial relationship with consumers, creating an illusion (especially to impressionable, oftentimes young fans) that they are as accessible as the people in the fans' personal lives. ultimately, these consumers "buy in[to]" idols both emotionally and literally (i.e., $$$)

Edited by heonie

Posted

idk something about her comment just rubs me the wrong way. like how when people say "i dont care if you're white, hispanic, black, red, blue, etc!"

also she says that BTS always talks about girls and never about boys (which im not sure if this is her actual belief or her "acting" but whatever i'll comment anyway), but a lot of times namjoon makes it a point to use gender neutral terms and does in fact show support for gay people. During the billboard awards where they were being interviewed, when asked if they had brought their girlfriends, namjoon says "no we don't have girlfriends or boyfriends." so no they aren't actively making love stories about men but they do try to stray away from heteronormative comments.

in regards of her talking about bts singing about girls or talking about girls in interviews - I'm pretty sure that was also her playing the character of a delulu. It's easy to tell cause of the 'funny' background music and her speeding up her voice when she assumes their sexuality. 

Idk if there is a need to nitpick that part of the video since she's obv clowing delusional armys but what I STILL find extremely weird is how she got a whole ass sponsorship from BTS superstar? With these big sponsorships you usually have to send in the sponsored video to the company for approval and I just can't imagine bighit approving her content. Not that it's bad but you would think bighit would go with a youtuber who 100% loves everything what bts does and not with someone who criticises bts here and there. I get she's a genuine fan but still arfdgkjjkbn

Posted

I don't know if it's just me but this is the first time in a thread where people care more about whether she's a fan or not than the message of the content? I know people have speculated in other thread's (like Kenna's) whether or not she's a "true" fan of something but I think that it doesn't what you do, you can still be a genuine fan of someone or something. 

It seems like whenever there is a situation involving her videos about them, there always seems to be people who have been fans longer or know everything in the sun, trying to use the fact that she may not know one thing about them to delegitimize her stance. 

I just don't think the fact that she hasn't been a fan as long or doesn't know everything under the sun doesn't mean she doesn't have any less right to my opinion videos or things of that nature. Whether it's a proper opinion video or criticism isn't up to me though but I think the fact that people have to consider her a "real" fan or not because she may be talking about a hot button topic doesn't make sense to me. Unless I'm interperting something wrong.