• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

650 posts in this topic

Posted

Sorry, normally i wouldn't state my opinion on something like this, but omg these brooches are so overpriced, it's almost funny! I looked at them and when i saw the price i couldn't believe it at first.That is ridiculous. Sure, some people may find them cute, but it's still not worth the money. And it's kind of shitty to charge so much, when she knows bts fans are mostly teenagers. Honestly, i'm a bit shocked right now.

Then I think it must be also shocking for you that almost every shitty anime fanart artist charge about 200 to 250 dollars for original drawings. 
Her pricing is alright in my book. The hornet doll faces might be more unique but they don't look like other real life people. I think making the doll faces look like other people was the key reason why it's more expensive than her other doll faces where she has free creative range on how they can look like.

Posted

I like Michelle but i would NEVER pay for a brooch like this. I've seen and have BOUGHT items from people who hand make EVERYTHING they make. I've bought dresses online and real life that are long and beautiful and crafted with material that will last what feels like forever that are well made and take a long time to make. That has cost less than what she's charging NEVER have the items been over 100 dollars, hell none of them have reached 100 or even 90.

Posted (edited)

Hi all.

Please don't use the downvote button just because you disagree with people. Please be civil. Not sure why downvote brigading is so intense on this thread but I get a lot of complaints so please quit it. 

Edited by Nyx

Posted

Hi all.

Please don't use the downvote button just because you disagree with people. Please be civil. Not sure why downvote brigading is so intense on this thread but I get a lot of complaints so please quit it. 

I feel like this thread is mostly filled with michelle stans and haters there is no in between. 

Posted

I feel like this thread is mostly filled with michelle stans and haters there is no in between. 

I’ve seen people posting as normally as they would on any other thread, but because it’s negative criticism towards Michelle, they get downvoted/attacked, so I’m gonna have to disagree with that statement.

Posted (edited)

I’ve seen people posting as normally as they would on any other thread, but because it’s negative criticism towards Michelle, they get downvoted/attacked, so I’m gonna have to disagree with that statement.

Yeah, it's made it hard to participate in the thread because anything that's not 100% praise is immediately downvoted and treated like a threat.  A few people seem to be hovering around waiting to stomp out any criticism. 

( It's not letting me quote but @glug )

Yeah... seeing these pictures, especially close up makes the price seem even more outrageous. It's by far definitely not her best clay work and they're not particularly big or anything. I'm sure most of her time went to sculpting their features, which I applaud, but she really cut corners with smoothing and painting. I understand that she's doing something new with her face brooch making since it's not her usual doll faces, so it's not going to be absolutely perfect... but that's not what the price point is saying. 

Edited by babalou

Posted

The doll faces themselves I think are okay, but the paint work is so sloppily done. I think they look fine from far away, but the close up of Jimin (? I can't even tell sorry) just looks really unflattering. The aegyosal line is too dark+is very patchy and wobbly, his lips are inconsistent (looks striped instead of the gradient that I'm assuming was intended?), and the eyebrows are pretty smudged. I could understand if this was a beginner's work, but we all know that her works are usually higher quality.

I understand that art is subjective, etc, etc, but I think it's kind of hard to see this as not cashing out on her younger, more irresponsible audience (as she now has a lot of younger BTS stans watching her videos, whereas it seems like her audience used to be mostly young-adults). $160 is completely unreasonable for those heads, especially from a technical pov. The reason they cost that much is because she knows stans, especially young ones that rely on parental support, will empty their (deep) pockets for unique merch even if it isn't that great. 

Posted (edited)

Michelle had an interview with an ex-sasaeng who admitted to stalking and criminal activities. She was also given information on other legitimate sasaeng accounts who sold private information.

I’m very late on this, but did anyone else find this video sus? I only skimmed through it because I don’t care about BTS or kpop enough to actually sit through a 17 minute video, but everything I saw seemed very very easy to fake. The sasaeng she’s interviewing is supposedly Turkish but doesn’t speak with a Turkish accent AT ALL, it kinda just sounds like Michelle putting on a vaguely Middle Eastern accent and then digitally distorting her voice. The way they roll their r’s is a dead giveaway, NO Turkish person speaks like that. They have the exact same Germanic syntax as Michelle and share a similar vocabulary, too. 

The Instagram screenshots look real and I don’t doubt that she found some really creepy sasaeng accounts, but all the information from the actual “interview” is just generic stuff that anyone with a brain can guess, like the fact that some of the BTS members have girlfriends or they smoke. She says she received proof from the sasaeng (a photo of her on the same plane as BTS) but she never shows the photo or any other proof that this sasaeng is a real person. Call me crazy, but I wouldn’t put it past her at all to fake this interview for clout...I mean, it’s currently the second most viewed video on her entire channel.

Again, I only skimmed it so it’s entirely possible that I missed some vital information that could prove me wrong, but I got a very Off vibe from the whole thing. And her pinned comment just makes it look even more suspicious imo, she’s already making excuses for why the interview sounds artificial and disjointed and why she doesn’t want to do a Skype interview. Sorry, but I think the whole thing is fake.

Edited by xena
typos

Posted

Funny how both the admin and one of the mods had to come in and point out that the downvote button is being misused, yet some users are still doing exactly that? Seriously, tone it down. Just because you like Michelle doesn't mean you have to downvote every valid criticism she gets lmao.

Posted

I’m very late on this, but did anyone else find this video sus? I only skimmed through it because I don’t care about BTS or kpop enough to actually sit through a 17 minute video, but everything I saw seemed very very easy to fake. The sasaeng she’s interviewing is supposedly Turkish but doesn’t speak with a Turkish accent AT ALL, it kinda just sounds like Michelle putting on a vaguely Middle Eastern accent and then digitally distorting her voice. The way they roll their r’s is a dead giveaway, NO Turkish person speaks like that. They have the exact same Germanic syntax as Michelle and share a similar vocabulary, too. 

The Instagram screenshots look real and I don’t doubt that she found some really creepy sasaeng accounts, but all the information from the actual “interview” is just generic stuff that anyone with a brain can guess, like the fact that some of the BTS members have girlfriends or they smoke. She says she received proof from the sasaeng (a photo of her on the same plane as BTS) but she never shows the photo or any other proof that this sasaeng is a real person. Call me crazy, but I wouldn’t put it past her at all to fake this interview for clout...I mean, it’s currently the second most viewed video on her entire channel.

Again, I only skimmed it so it’s entirely possible that I missed some vital information that could prove me wrong, but I got a very Off vibe from the whole thing. And her pinned comment just makes it look even more suspicious imo, she’s already making excuses for why the interview sounds artificial and disjointed and why she doesn’t want to do a Skype interview. Sorry, but I think the whole thing is fake.

Wow, I guess you have to be familiar with the accent to catch the problem with the voice in the video? I am unfamiliar with the Turkish accent so the video seems genuine to me when I saw it.

I guess it may be a bit hard to prove that the ex-sasaeng is right considering she wanted her identity concealed. A censored photo of a person or email screenshot isn't going to be much proof.

I remembered seeing her instastory where she mentioned that the ex-sasaeng contacted her after the video agreeing to do a skype interview and she asked if she should do the video. Unfortunately, I did not follow through with the story so I have no clue if she is going to do a video of their Skype interview or not.

I agree that it will unfortunate if her motive is unpure. However, I still think they can be pretty educational to people especially young kpop fans out there. 

Posted

LMFAOOO i can totally see her faking the interview for clout.

thanks for pointing out the strange turkish accent for the people from other countries that typically can't tell.

but i mean, considering she's selling low quality bts brooches for $160, it would make sense she's still trying to ride off the bts clout from her underage army fans for that ad revenue.

Posted

I really don't like the direction her channel is taking. I appreciate her exploring her ability to create different content such as her more info based vids on issues and stuff but all these videos on bts makes it feel like a Q2HAN situation. Maybe it's bc I'm not a major kpop fan but it's getting bland and when the hype dies down it could potentially take away a big chunk of her engagement in the future.

Posted (edited)

Okay, so I'm no expert on accents or anything but can I just say that countries can have multiple different accents, maybe the ex saseng had a regional accent or maybe their accent was slightly more or less thick than an average Turkish person? She may have also been faking her nationality for privacy's sake.:alpacaheadshake: personally I thought she sounded Greek but whatever.

Apparently the ex saseng wants to do a skype interviewASSASSAS.thumb.JPG.f730214953261622054fe

Edited by Sparklefist
added stuff

Posted

Ok....on the topic of the brooch I feel like these are worth maybe 50-80$ MAX.

like I am an artist but NOT a sculptor and could definitely make something of that quality or better.