• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

1242 posts in this topic

Posted

Personally I think her art is really bad.

The doll faces are sloppy and just don't look good. Good for her for finding people that will but that shit though.

harddd disagree. 

Posted

harddd disagree. 

Compared to other sculpture artists yeah she's bad. And her traditional art looks like a kids work except tits and I think she usues her own spit to paint with so also a biohazard lmao.

Posted

Compared to other sculpture artists yeah she's bad. And her traditional art looks like a kids work except tits and I think she usues her own spit to paint with so also a biohazard lmao.

Comparing art is not what art should be about. Everyone does it differently (to an extend) and every piece carries a different story. She herself did that ages ago with her doll faces, saying that other people copied her and that also really frustrated me. 

Posted (edited)

Art is also about skill and talent. You can't ignore that. And that's why art has gone downhill from the masters to toilets in museums. ¬¬ The twilight saga is art in film form but it's still shit. You're doing that whole EVERYTHING IS EQUAL crap that makes it so nothing can be called exceptional or bad. Instead it's a huge hugbox of mediocrity. 

Her art is low level shit like come on. You CAN compare art just like you can compare ANYTHING a human being does or creates. 

Edited by peapo

Posted

well damn

Posted

well damn

i rly wanted to finish watching this cause i do agree with a lot of her points but Edward is so dumb af my IQ dropped. also the irony of him wearing foundation 23184721834shades lighter fucking sends me.

Posted

I kinda thought Edward was trolling because of his light ass foundation omg.

IDK if I would call myself a  fan of her artwork or not, I don't want to say it's bad or anything because no one is born as a good artist and TBH its not bad at all.  She has a very messy aesthetic which I kinda like, her makeup is dainty and very pretty (for the most part)  but her artwork is messy and I think its a nice contrast, it's like "disgustingly beautiful" or something like that and it's nice to see something other than generic anime art (nothing against anime art LOL). 

But with every artist there is always room for improvement! 

Posted

well damn

I know the Nami drama is pretty much over but if I was her I would be terrified of Michelle. She is straight up savage and would have every right to do a whole video about nami taking her bts video down for similar thumbnail. 

Posted

Honestly, I don't know if this is your honest critique as someone who's interested in art or you actually do something similar yourself, but from someone with an artistic background I really like her work. You don't need any experience with art to be able to tell that her art is good, this is just my two cents. She obviously puts a lot of care, time and creative energy into them and I really think the colors she mixes are stunning, really lifelike glowing, blushing skin tones and a gorgeous range of them too. I definitely wouldn't say they were messy either (the doll faces - I don't know about anything else), shes essentially working on a really small 3d canvas that she even modeled herself so you've got to admire the level of detail she puts in. As a kid I did photo-realism to a high level, like a drawing would take 10 hrs plus and tbh I don't have a lot of experience with modelling but I'm so impressed at how quickly she works on them. She literally mass produces these things by hand, each one is unique and they're honestly completed to a really high standard. Sorry - I know her style is quirky but I really don't think you can compare what she does to the works of duchamp (which was more of a political statement/ experiment anyway so bad example). Its a completely different movement. I don't particularly like most of the stuff at the Tate either but this is not some kind of abstract political statement, yes, its incredibly stylized, but she creates traditional art that involves portraiture and anatomy - literally anyone with eyes can see its good, it might not be to your personal taste but you cant really dispute that.

edit: low key, my first impression of your posts is you're coming for her because you're jealous in some way - either her talent, success or both. Don't know if that's the case or not, just thought I'd let you know that's how you're coming across. 

Yes I am an artist. I know what I'm talking about, thanks. Seriously, this whole post made me laugh so thanks for that.

You don't have to make art to be able to tell something good from something shit, yes that is true. You may like her art but I don't, and for me that just shows you have shit taste and no skill (If you wanna get personal like you did with me I can go there too pffft)

It's shit and looks like a person that just started to draw. Now, this would look pretty good if she was like 10 or 12, but she's still at this level of a how to draw manga book by Cristopher Hart or some shit and she's an adult lol. (Also, like someone else said she might not have been born with talent in art, but it's not true that people are not born with it. They are and have been throughout human history exceptional people born naturally good at different things.) 

There's nothing original or special about her works either, I might have let lack of skill/talent slide if she at least created something interesting. All she does is add tits and "gore" to some really badly drawn females and I guess that's good enough for you. The whole doll face shit isn't even original either. If literally anyone tried they can make that shit at the same level for free.

If she can't make a decent sculpture of that tiny ass size in time then she should take more time to make it good instead of rushing it out.

And OH MY GOD are you twelve? lmao, I am not jealous of this bitches bio hazardous spit scribbles just because I state the obvious fact that they look mediocre. Just stop. 9_9

PM me about this shit if you are so mad about my post I mean damn. You seem like a butthurt art school student shelling out insane amounts of cash to sit and paint scribbles and circles on things for a useless degree if you really wanna go there my dude. lol.

Remember when she was a weaboo instead of a koreaboo? LOL Get them army views. 

And Edward is so fucking ugly and dumb I'm entertained when anyone drags him tbh. Even her. 

Posted

Hidden Content

Remember when she was a weaboo instead of a koreaboo? LOL Get them army views. 

And Edward is so fucking ugly and dumb I'm entertained when anyone drags him tbh. Even her. 

No one remembers that cause she never was a weeaboo in the first place but go off I guess. 

OT: 

Michelles art might be shitty to you but you don't have to be hateful and bitter about it. I have to agree with mynameisseersha you indeed seem jealous.

Posted

I know the Nami drama is pretty much over but if I was her I would be terrified of Michelle. She is straight up savage and would have every right to do a whole video about nami taking her bts video down for similar thumbnail. 

Agreed! I was expecting some sort of story time or an explanation voice over in her dollface videos on what had happened or something. I don't think she'll do a video though,that drama is already a month old and honestly no one would care that much about it anyway. If anything it would get Nami just more hate and I don't think Michelle is that kind of a person to just start drama like that. 

But I'd watch the shit out of it lol

Posted

"PM me about this shit if you are so mad about my post I mean damn. You seem like a butthurt art school student shelling out insane amounts of cash to sit and paint scribbles and circles on things for a useless degree if you really wanna go there my dude. lol."

um... the only one here who seems butthurt and filled with complexes (what was that about art degrees, again? sounds like someone's frustrated) is you, m8. 

several people have previously stated what should be common sense: art is subjective (guess you would have learned that in college but... it would seem... that wasn't your cup of tea...). sure, there are some criteria that should be followed sometimes, but for the most part, art is anything the artist deems art and anything that causes anything in people. that includes what you consider shitty art. there is literally no argument you can make to change that. no amount of "but it doesn't fit THIS particular criteria!!!!!!1!1!" will change that Michelle does the art she personally likes and that said art is liked and financially supported by hundreds, maybe even thousands of people.

Posted

Hello everyone, I hope you’re all doing well.

Please refrain from bickering with each other about subjective things such as art. It’s subjective. A matter of opinion. I’d suggest taking it to PMs (which, by all means, just don’t put it on the thread) but a fair warning: you really won’t get anywhere with this discussion, because it’s entirely based on something purely subjective. Just please agree to disagree and move on, this is derailing and not worth clogging up the thread with.

Thank you :alpacacrush:

Posted

@Yuuna I agree, @peapo feel free to pm me. :alpacaconfused:

(I'm a maths major by the way, don't know if that makes me any less butthurt - I am however shelling out insane amounts of cash regardless of time spent painting scribbles)