• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

1242 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I still feel like Namii has no justifi cation for her behavior. 
sidenote, her Jesus and God ranting at the end of the video to make her feel better about herself and her bevaior made my eyes roll into space. 

if she wanted the video to be respectful towards Sherliza while handling business she did not need to add that in. 

Edited by space cream

Posted

Michelle has more followers on Instagram, but Instagram isn’t the platform of dispute here — Youtube is. Nami has almost twice as many subscribers as Michelle, and being a bigger channel and flagging someone for something as insignificant as a vaguely-similar thumbnail, she’s sending the message that it’s okay to bully smaller youtubers and potentially jeopardize their livelihood for petty reasons, since there’s not much they can do to fight back. If Michelle didn’t have a lot of Instagram followers and no one flocked to Nami’s page demanding an explanation, I guarantee that Nami never would’ve addressed the issue. She was more than happy to ignore Michelle’s request until Michelle made it all public and Nami realized her true colors were showing. Now she’s scrambling to make it all right again because she’s worried about her reputation. Michelle is not the villain here, no matter how you slice it. 

Hidden Content

the thing is, regardless of following, they're both people. I think it's only normal that when someone takes action to harm you in a way that may affect your public image, you'd want people to know about it. now, taken into the youtube and social media context, exposing is the equivalent of telling people of what this person did.

namii taking down michelle's video was a pretty harsh and petty attack, and I think it's entirely fair game for michelle to let people know. people were bound to ask questions eventually about why her video was gone anyway. plus, you're right, there is a very large difference in fan bases... a difference namii knew right off the bat. if you're going to be petty and childish and mess with the big kids, you should at least be prepared for the possible backlash. it seems pretty dumb of her to cry about it afterwards. 

in any case, her venting never explicitly (or implicitly, imho) pushed her fans to harass namii. that was on them. about the tagging, I think it's more of a respect thing than anything else. a lot of people talk shit about other personalities online but don't tag them and then get backlash for it because people assume (sometimes rightly so) that they avoided tagging out of fear of what the exposed person might do if they find out. I guess it's become exposing protocol? idk, it's just what I've learned from reading pull celeb threads tbh. it always seems like not tagging the person you're talking about brings about the idea that you're a coward.

I do think she acted emotionally, though. she should've solved it over dm or just by talking to youtube. there was no need to make it public, even if I understand the natural impulse one may feel to do so. objectively speaking, both of them acted as children. subjectively speaking, I would've done the same thing michelle did. you can't fuck over the big leaguers and not expect to get burned at some point.

Yeah, but some quick research says otherwise. Namii may have more subscribers, but that's from a build up of NINE YEARS: how many of those people do you think still care about her content? Michelle's channel is two years old, meaning that a majority of her 126k subscribers are likely still going to be active. If you look at view counts and comments, it's clear that right now Namii has more "found this in my recommended" viewers than actual subscribers watching her videos while Michelle is getting a lot of random views + a lot of subscriber views as well. And while Instagram isn't the platform to dispute, it further illustrates the situation by showing how interactive Michelle's followers are with her content (a lot of them are following her on multiple platforms), whereas Namii's "active" fanbase is shown to be much much smaller and probably more representative of how many people really tune into her content on a regular basis. Namii is clearly the socially weaker of the two. 

I like Michelle as much as the next person, but I would argue that there are a lot of petty disputes within the art world for vaguely similar content. You see it in music, you see it in visual art, and you even see it on youtube. And sometimes, yes, it does get a bit ridiculous, but can you really blame someone for doing the most they can to protect their intellectual property that may or may not have been stolen? I'm definitely not saying that Michelle copied Namii's thumbnail or whatever, but a lot of people get defensive over stuff like that and it happens all the time. The only difference is that most people don't make a big deal about it (because that's just the way things are) and things get resolved behind the scenes. 

This is going to be really unpopular on this thread, but I really think her venting made Nami a target. There was never, a "hey don't go after this girl but this is what happened to me..." which would have taken all of the possible backlash blame off of her. But it was just like a "hey look what this girl did to me. She hasn't gotten back to me yet, so I'm going to mock her in my story and make it seem like it's ok for you guys to do it too." Through her videos I've gotten to know Michelle as a really kind girl, but when she made these things public she was obviously angry and I feel like she, like a lot of people might feel in that situation, really just wanted a bit of revenge because she felt wronged and involved her bigger fanbase to do it.

OT but: My last post was downvoted a lil bit, but Michelle herself apologized for letting things escalate and opening this black hole of drama because she handled the situation emotionally. She even calls her fans off from attacking Namii any further. All my posts are trying to say is that yeah, Michelle was a bit in the wrong, which she herself also agrees with as she came out and apologized. I just don't understand all this defensiveness when she herself admits that she's responsible for these things. Like totally lmk what you think but this was kinda wild lol

Posted

Hidden Content

Yeah, but some quick research says otherwise. Namii may have more subscribers, but that's from a build up of NINE YEARS: how many of those people do you think still care about her content? Michelle's channel is two years old, meaning that a majority of her 126k subscribers are likely still going to be active. If you look at view counts and comments, it's clear that right now Namii has more "found this in my recommended" viewers than actual subscribers watching her videos while Michelle is getting a lot of random views + a lot of subscriber views as well. And while Instagram isn't the platform to dispute, it further illustrates the situation by showing how interactive Michelle's followers are with her content (a lot of them are following her on multiple platforms), whereas Namii's "active" fanbase is shown to be much much smaller and probably more representative of how many people really tune into her content on a regular basis. Namii is clearly the socially weaker of the two. 

I like Michelle as much as the next person, but I would argue that there are a lot of petty disputes within the art world for vaguely similar content. You see it in music, you see it in visual art, and you even see it on youtube. And sometimes, yes, it does get a bit ridiculous, but can you really blame someone for doing the most they can to protect their intellectual property that may or may not have been stolen? I'm definitely not saying that Michelle copied Namii's thumbnail or whatever, but a lot of people get defensive over stuff like that and it happens all the time. The only difference is that most people don't make a big deal about it (because that's just the way things are) and things get resolved behind the scenes. 

This is going to be really unpopular on this thread, but I really think her venting made Nami a target. There was never, a "hey don't go after this girl but this is what happened to me..." which would have taken all of the possible backlash blame off of her. But it was just like a "hey look what this girl did to me. She hasn't gotten back to me yet, so I'm going to mock her in my story and make it seem like it's ok for you guys to do it too." Through her videos I've gotten to know Michelle as a really kind girl, but when she made these things public she was obviously angry and I feel like she, like a lot of people might feel in that situation, really just wanted a bit of revenge because she felt wronged and involved her bigger fanbase to do it.

OT but: My last post was downvoted a lil bit, but Michelle herself apologized for letting things escalate and opening this black hole of drama because she handled the situation emotionally. She even calls her fans off from attacking Namii any further. All my posts are trying to say is that yeah, Michelle was a bit in the wrong, which she herself also agrees with as she came out and apologized. I just don't understand all this defensiveness when she herself admits that she's responsible for these things. Like totally lmk what you think but this was kinda wild lol

I didn't say Michelle handled it the right way, I just said she's not the villain here. Sure, she could've worded her concerns more politely, but I don't think Nami would've done anything if Michelle didn't make it public. btw if you follow the timeline you'll see that Michelle only started getting really pissy after Nami lied to her, saying she didn't personally flag Michelle's video (she did). You're also wrong about Nami's channel. She only had around 15k subs until early 2017, and she only made a breakthrough after her viral hair chopping video in August of last year. She's been uploading videos longer, but she actually came up later than Michelle did. And Michelle doesn't have lots of followers through Youtube, she was popular on Instragram/Tumblr before she made her channel. If you take a look at socialblade you'll see that Nami gains around twice as many subs a day as Michelle, and she makes twice the amount of money as well. Even I've had her videos recommended to me before, and I'm not very interested in k-beauty or BTS content. Overall Nami's channel is more popular, even if her Instagram doesn't reflect that. Let's be real, Nami wanted to be petty and thought she could take advantage of a "smaller" Youtuber, not realizing she had a dedicated fanbase on Instagram, and it backfired on her. Both of them look pretty bad, but Nami looks worse.

Posted

Hidden Content

part of me personally feels Michelle came forward to apologize to 1. get it over with and hopefully get her video back, and 2. I thought Namii had threatened legal action against her because of her following? although someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that one. To me, it seems like the easiest route would be to apologize and move forward from all of the drama. I kind of believe you're taking it oddly personal when most people in the thread said both parties were to blame to begin with.  

Posted (edited)

This whole situation just shows how namii really is as a person. I always felt she was manipulativ especially when she continuosly drags god into her daily videos like quit it with the jeszs talk 🙄 Michelle just proved once again what a fucking grown up she is, yes I still find her childish and naive but always in a youthful innocent way. Honestly michelle seems like the chillest girl ever, in her situation I would have done everything to blast namii 

Edited by Dashy

Posted

Michelle's video is up again and namiicho deleted her 1 hour sob story time video . This drama arc is over and in the end Michelle came out as the winner and namiicho ultimately as the loser since a good chunk of her and michelles followers know namiis true colors now.

OT:

I wouldn't really consider myself their fan. I like some of their songs and I absolutely love their choreos but damn, if I were in her spot I'd be singing my lungs out pretending I know the lyrics to songs I've never heard before. they definitely know how to own a stage.

Posted

the baekhyung taehyung opinion is just yikes. I know she meant it as a joke but stillll

Posted

I feel like she is slightly biased towards Taehyung. She literally compares jin and yoongi to white or indian actors and then gets triggered by the baekhyung and taehyung comparisons lol 

Posted

Michelle's video is up again and namiicho deleted her 1 hour sob story time video . This drama arc is over and in the end Michelle came out as the winner and namiicho ultimately as the loser since a good chunk of her and michelles followers know namiis true colors now.

Yay! I'm glad the video is back up bc I didn't finish it yet haha

I don't get how people are so confident that so and so made eye contact with them? You are like sardine-packed into a crowd and with one glance can you really say with confidence that it's eye contact with you and not someone beside you? I've always wondered this. 

Posted (edited)

At least she's doing the doll faces again, i'm very much excited for that ♥

nk1l4kly.thumb.jpg.9d98c1b164da232c1f19d

Edited by figure
had to cut my insta icon out

Posted

^ yeah her art and makeup videos were the reason I subscribed to her in the first place. I guess she just needed a moment to release all her fangirling then go back to business.

Posted

Personally I think her art is really bad.

The doll faces are sloppy and just don't look good. Good for her for finding people that will but that shit though.