• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Reputation Has Increased!   07/06/20

Hello. You have been asking for it and it is finally here. We have increased the number of reputation given in a day from 25 to 50. We will see how well 50 works out and if that is enough. Please continue to provide feedback and we will reevaluate as needed. This change has been added to the site changes thread located here. Happy repping. Thank you.

1222 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah, I'm gonna say she's clout chasing. I've been following her for years and normally she enjoys doing her own thing and making original content. She started mentioning BTS and Kpop related stuff a while back on instagram, and after seeing how much people responded to her when she did things like that (in comparison to how much they commented when she did things like makeup or doll head tutorials) she jumped on the bandwagon and started trying to get into making kpop related videos. With clickbait-y thumbnails and titles and everything.

I'm not saying that she doesn't actually like something about BTS though, or that she doesn't have any right to buy the tickets or whatever (I sure as hell wasn't gonna buy them so I couldn't care less lol) I just don't think it's a coincidence that she suddenly likes BTS after adamantly claiming not to like kpop for this long. It's getting her more attention, so she decided to get into it. I mean, it's part of a Youtuber's job to create what people want to see (arguably), but I know for a fact that she's chasing off some of the people who liked her for her original content.

Posted

Clout chasers are those whack ass people who make reaction to bts videos. She actually did some research and made a semi entertaining video

Posted

Clout chasers are people who do whatever will get them views. They hop onto whatever is trending. 🤷‍♀️ I'm still a fan of hers, but she's obviously dragging this kpop stuff out because it's getting her views. Odds are, she'll probably go back to doing her usual videos with the new viewers she gets from talking about kpop, but that doesn't mean she's not pandering. Just take a look at the views of her old content. Her kpop/bts/kboo videos get more views than her artsy stuff. I can't entirely blame her for it, but I'm not going to pretend she's not doing it. 

Posted

Using bts for clout is becoming my favourite meme this year. I see that everywhere nowadays. 
Ngl I'm kinda bummed out hearing that this was just a 3 part miniseries. She is good at making commentary videos.

Posted

Using bts for clout is becoming my favourite meme this year. I see that everywhere nowadays. 
Ngl I'm kinda bummed out hearing that this was just a 3 part miniseries. She is good at making commentary videos.

Yeah I hope these weren't the last commentary videos of her. I couldn't care less about kpop tbh but I think this new format suits her more. I like the honesty and open mindness she has. But can someone explain to me why RM is misogynistic?

Posted

What I do wonder is why she fallen so hard for the boys though, I mean there are many more kpop artists who are MUCH more likeable and less problematic. I also couldn't stand how she was constantly praising RM , like doesn't she know he is misogynist as fuck. 

I mean, it comes down to taste. maybe they’re just more likeable to her than other groups, people like different things and different characteristics in people. I think there is no such thing as ‘more likeable’, it just depends on what you enjoy. 

how is he misogynistic tho? did I miss anything? 

Posted (edited)

I mean, it comes down to taste. maybe they’re just more likeable to her than other groups, people like different things and different characteristics in people. I think there is no such thing as ‘more likeable’, it just depends on what you enjoy. 

I think he made fun of black people by doing a racist (gesture? dance?)

he may have apologized, I think, but I'm not sure

(To be honest I only heard about it from one of Kenna's threads a LONG time ago, and I can't even remember if it was him or someone else, so if anyone knows better please say so!)

(Also the person you were responding to may have been referring to something else so i may be wrong)

Edited by HeyHaHowYaDoin
(I am not well informed on K-drama)

Posted

He produced many songs where he was rapping about women in a degrading way. 

I guess but she could have researched more about other groups like got7 or stray kids. Bts is not that special tbh 

Posted

Let's be real BTS nowadays look dead inside. They look like they lost their joy so I think there is definitely a thing as being 'more likable' . She clearly isn't into the kpop fandom and has very limited knowledge regarding actual good kpop bands.

Posted

He produced many songs where he was rapping about women in a degrading way. 

I guess but she could have researched more about other groups like got7 or stray kids. Bts is not that special tbh 

OKkkkk let's not start turning this into "Why BTS, there are other groups out there" bc we all know the idol industry is saturated as fuck and of course there are going to be different groups with different charms. Maybe she just likes BTS', or maybe she just decided to hop onto the trend. 

And yeah, BTS has had mysoginistic lyrics before, but they, as well as Big Hit, has already apologized for it officially: 

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/07/big-hit-apologizes-for-the-misogynistic-lyrics-in-btss-songs

RM has also reflected on his use of mysoginistic lyrics in the past (point number 4, though the whole post makes a good point so I'd recommend you read it fully): 

https://www.reddit.com/r/bangtan/comments/7q0acz/rm_owning_up_to_mistakes/

Posted

Not an ARMY or anything, I don't even listen to their music but I'll just put this out there--

How I see it is that she's exploiting BTS' popularity for social media clout/attention lol

...And she's definitely not the first to do that but lmao I just think people who do that are so pathetic and desperate

Posted

Clout chasers are people who do whatever will get them views. They hop onto whatever is trending. 🤷‍♀️ I'm still a fan of hers, but she's obviously dragging this kpop stuff out because it's getting her views. Odds are, she'll probably go back to doing her usual videos with the new viewers she gets from talking about kpop, but that doesn't mean she's not pandering. Just take a look at the views of her old content. Her kpop/bts/kboo videos get more views than her artsy stuff. I can't entirely blame her for it, but I'm not going to pretend she's not doing it. 

for a second I forgot about who was this tread and i was like "But Emily does not make art" xD

Posted

OKkkkk let's not start turning this into "Why BTS, there are other groups out there" bc we all know the idol industry is saturated as fuck and of course there are going to be different groups with different charms. Maybe she just likes BTS', or maybe she just decided to hop onto the trend. 

And yeah, BTS has had mysoginistic lyrics before, but they, as well as Big Hit, has already apologized for it officially: 

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/07/big-hit-apologizes-for-the-misogynistic-lyrics-in-btss-songs

RM has also reflected on his use of mysoginistic lyrics in the past (point number 4, though the whole post makes a good point so I'd recommend you read it fully): 

https://www.reddit.com/r/bangtan/comments/7q0acz/rm_owning_up_to_mistakes/

Not to g OT because this is not a BTS thread but that's kinda what he has to do, apologizing is expected from RM doesn't mean he actually believes it. I know he specifically does try to be socially aware and he's doing pretty well but seeing who his old friends are, some who he's still very close to(supreme boi for example), I wouldn't be surprised if he had fucked up views too.

back to Michelle I think she does have a genuine interest in kpop/bts but she certainly noticed how many more views she gets. I hope she's not gonna milk this even more because that would make me unsubscribe real fast. 

Posted

hey ho, i've been following her for ages because she makes these fucked up doll necklaces (or used to, haven't seen her post about them in a while) and i live for that shit ahahaha i honestly adore her for being herself and just going with her own flow. but imo her actually milking something mainstream doesn't suit her at all simply because she got popularity by being so unique and creating things like the doll necklaces. WHERE ARE THE DOLL FACES AT MICHELLE?????

Posted

hey ho, i've been following her for ages because she makes these fucked up doll necklaces (or used to, haven't seen her post about them in a while) and i live for that shit ahahaha i honestly adore her for being herself and just going with her own flow. but imo her actually milking something mainstream doesn't suit her at all simply because she got popularity by being so unique and creating things like the doll necklaces. WHERE ARE THE DOLL FACES AT MICHELLE?????

My thoughts exactly. I've kinda just taken a step back because I don't think this will go on for long. Or at least, I hope it doesn't. She's really talented so I hope she doesn't get carried away on the bts bandwagon. She deserves attention for what she actually does, not just because she (kind of) likes bts.