• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Reputation Has Increased!   07/06/20

Hello. You have been asking for it and it is finally here. We have increased the number of reputation given in a day from 25 to 50. We will see how well 50 works out and if that is enough. Please continue to provide feedback and we will reevaluate as needed. This change has been added to the site changes thread located here. Happy repping. Thank you.

1222 posts in this topic

Posted

I think the real cringe is how some of these armys are reacting to the fact that she got tickets. Ya'll need to check out her instagram stories. She mentioned how one fan literally demanded her to sell the ticket she bought with her own money the fuck 

Posted

(maybe it's because i'm not an army but) i dont really see what the big deal is with her buying tickets even if she doesnt like the music? like if she was scalping i could understand the frustration but honestly i think armies are just overreacting since bts tickets tend to sell out FAST. (at least in america they do. but i think she said there are still seats available in germany so once again i dont get why people are mad. lol.)

Posted

No one can force you to be a fan of anything. BTS didn’t hold a gun to her head and force her to buy concert tickets. It’s fine to like bts while being critical of the kpop industry, but it’s also a little hypocritical. It’s not like their tickets are cheap. I don’t understand spending $100+ on a band whose music you don’t even enjoy. 

Posted

(maybe it's because i'm not an army but) i dont really see what the big deal is with her buying tickets even if she doesnt like the music? like if she was scalping i could understand the frustration but honestly i think armies are just overreacting since bts tickets tend to sell out FAST. (at least in america they do. but i think she said there are still seats available in germany so once again i dont get why people are mad. lol.)

ultimately idgaf I'm just salty lmao I don't have a lot of stuff to look forward to and I struggled with buying tickets it was exhausting. Tickets in Europe sold out in like 2 minutes it was crazy.

She does what she wants I just don't get why she goes there if she has such a problem with kpop. 

(There are no seats available in Germany btw)

Posted (edited)

Edited by Simpletonkenna

Posted

Her channel has really taken a bizarre turn. 

I started following Michelle back a few years ago on tumblr and even purchased one of her harnesses from her ALIENMOé.

Which BTW has held up pretty well and was crafted pretty decently. I like it, even if the market is far more saturated now with cheaper alternatives, I would probably buy another from her if mine were to fall apart.

Michelle's tumblr advertised her YouTube channel in a giveaway for some of her shop pieces about a year/year and a halfish ago. I stayed subbed because I liked watching her craft her doll heads and I liked watching her makeup tutorials and I found her voice quite soothing. Her newest videos haven't piqued my interest and I haven't watched them as I am not really into K-pop so I don't know who any of these groups are, haha~ Plus her rose eating mukbang trend didn't appeal to me either. Her channel just seems all over the place as of late. 

I personally would never spend my money on tickets for a band I am not truly invested in so I don't see why someone else would. And if what these comments are saying is true and that this band sells out pretty quickly it kinda comes off as her showing off.

Posted

I can assure you that armys aren’t hating because they ‘don’t have enough money to afford a ticket’, trust me that’s not the case at all. 

Just to put into perspective how HARD it is to get a BTS ticket: I tried with 10 devices for a concert in germany (not even the US) and I didn’t get one. So didn’t many others. The ticketing site kept breaking down and being buggy. Fifteen minutes after the sale Twitter and other sites were already exploding with people asking for tickets. It’s honestly almost impossible to get one, and with resellers you can never be sure whether you’re being scammed or whether it’s a real ticket. I have friends who even used like twenty computers at their university and who still didn’t get through with just one. 

I don’t really care about her getting a ticket, it’s whatever. The sad reality is that there are loads of fans who got tickets who can’t be considered ‘real fans’, hell I’ve seen people get tickets who only care about one member of the group and spread hate against the rest. So I’m not too bothered about her getting one. 

Posted

tumblr_pfffcjwCG01r1310j_540.jpg

tumblr_pfffcjFeZX1r1310j_540.jpg

My knowledge about the drama this girl is involved with is very limited, but the fact that she's basically telling her big fanbase to go flame on that user should not be okay.

Someone who has a bigger following should not set this example. Instead of being the better person and dealing with this calmly, she revealed the name and let her fanbase deal with them.

I understand that they are being negative towards her content, but they're not asking people to comment, they're not asking people to flame her.

She basically is, though. That behaviour is not one I want to support, and to me, it's disgusting. It's childish.

Posted

My knowledge about the drama this girl is involved with is very limited, but the fact that she's basically telling her big fanbase to go flame on that user should not be okay.

Someone who has a bigger following should not set this example. Instead of being the better person and dealing with this calmly, she revealed the name and let her fanbase deal with them.

I understand that they are being negative towards her content, but they're not asking people to comment, they're not asking people to flame her.

She basically is, though. That behaviour is not one I want to support, and to me, it's disgusting. It's childish.

I would have done the same thing as her though. Reporting a channel because of a petty thing like that is just straight up illegal,disgusting and childish.

Posted

I would have done the same thing as her though. Reporting a channel because of a petty thing like that is just straight up illegal,disgusting and childish.

I didn't say what the other person was doing was right either. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, Michelle is entitled to hers.

What I am saying is that she could've solved this in a calmer way. Instead, she sent off her fanbase on a white knight quest. It just proves that she is no better than the people who are reporting her.

Posted (edited)

I think this thread is kind of getting derailed imo..

let's not make this a fandom war or something like that yikes:alpacawink:

What I'm more curious about is, how long is she going to be doing commentary type videos (more specifically kpop) since they're doing so well. I wonder if she will change the direction of her channel completely?

tbh I'm getting lots of hidden koreaboo and weeaboo vibes from her, I feel like because she's an alt Asian girl from Austria, people don't label her as such.. but I do get those vibes

Edited by milkytea
spelled weeaboo wrong

Posted (edited)

What I'm more curious about is, how long is she going to be doing commentary type videos (more specifically kpop) since they're doing so well. I wonder if she will change the direction of her channel completely?

tbh I'm getting lots of hidden koreaboo and weeaboo vibes from her, I feel like because she's an alt Asian girl from Austria, people don't label her as such.. but I do get those vibes

It's the last video. I follow her tumblr and she said that these 3 videos were a mini series which has now ended. As for the weeaboo thing, I don't really see it? I've been following her channel since the beginning and she has never posted anything anime or kpop related and yes she made a video about kpop recently but a very critical one so I don't really see any of these hidden vibes. 

What I do wonder is why she fallen so hard for the boys though, I mean there are many more kpop artists who are MUCH more likeable and less problematic. I also couldn't stand how she was constantly praising RM , like doesn't she know he is misogynist as fuck. 

Edited by Kooter

Posted

She is obviously a kboo, her style in the kpop videos is so ulzzang like.

Posted (edited)

She is obviously a kboo, her style in the kpop videos is so ulzzang like.

I don't know why I'm feeling personally attacked but I do. I like BTS, I adore korean fashion style but that does not make me or her a koreaboo but go off I guess

e1feea2df73447797ac9ebf37b09848a.jpg

Edit: 

I'm just now realizing how butthurt I sound. I guess I got defensive cause I've been called that all my life merely just for dressing in kfashion and enjoying kpop. I'm sorry lmao

Edited by Simpletonkenna