Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wrinkles...

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello everyone :)

Even though this topic is probably not interesting for the younger half of users here, I thought I'd give it a try and ask you for advice, since many of you are really awesome and experienced with skincare :3

I am 26 now, and even though I always took good care of my skin and avoid any unhealthy habits, it now has begun and I started noticing fine wrinkles around my eyes :c

Of course I know that wrinkles can't be stopped completely and are a normal part of living and aging, but I'd like to keep them to a minimum :D

The thing is that I'm having a hard time finding good anti aging products for my age group, most the stuff I'm using is actually recomended from age 35 to 40... has anyone some secret tips, or favorite brands? 

Thank you all in advance :alpacacrush:

Posted

The cause of wrinkles of this age might be because of wight loss ( I lost over 50kg and I have light wrinkles where my smile stretches) and I had Botox. BUT I used a roller and it worked way better then any cream or Botox 

Posted

Dont use products which are for 35-40 that can cause more deep wrinkles. You should find products for your age cathegory.

Posted

even babies have lines under their eyes i have honestly never seen anyone with no lines at all in their face exept on magazines covers.

it is normal because we move our facial muscles all day if a 16 year old frowns you will see wrinkles too best you can do is avoid the sun drink a lot of water dont smoke/drink/do drugs the obvious and moisterize your skin and avoid unnesecary frowning

also one thing id recommend sometimes after a long period of time you can have more persistent frown lines

I had a rough period lots of stress including a puppy that would run around and do his bis everywhere chasing the cats running around screaming like a witch all day and in a certain light I could see some faint frown lines after doing some face yoga for tensed facial muscles they dissappeared.

Posted (edited)

Same here! I'm 22 and my eyes are surrounded by wrinkles
Event thougth it has to do with genes and stress I noticed I can "control" them (rest, water, massages, little make-up etc)

(english is not my first language)

Edited by Elyon

Posted

Dont use products which are for 35-40 that can cause more deep wrinkles. You should find products for your age cathegory.

I did this and my skin is messed up badly now. 

So I can't help but agree this is a horrible idea.

Posted

Someone on reddit said using sunscreen is the best way to prevent wrinkles, but I haven't researched anything about it so it might not be true.
Don't know what you can do to get rid of already existing  ones though. 

Posted

For crows feet (the eye-corner wrinkles) I think the best preventative measure is sunglasses with UV protection. It's a two birds, one stone kinda thing: it keeps you from squinting and also prevents UVA damage which can wrinkle that thin skin super fast. I would also recommend an eye cream and not to put anything NOT for eyes in that region, the skin is super delicate and the lotion can migrate into your actual eye also, causing problems.   And even if it is an eye cream, most estheticians recommend patting super gently (using the ring finger and not the pointer finger) and staying on the bone area around the eye. I hope that helps, I don't have a specific product recommendation but thats what I can recommend (as wrinkly eyed lady who is bff with her esthetician).

Posted (edited)

I did this and my skin is messed up badly now. 

So I can't help but agree this is a horrible idea.

I'm probably younger than most of you (I'm still in my teens) and I love anti aging creams! I started using one when I was 15 I guess because my skin was super dry and I noticed lines around some areas (probably caused by dryness and facial expressions) - well since I started using anti-aging creams my skin got better and feels much softer and has more elasticity, I can even go without applying cream for a few days and not dry out completely.

Creams for teenagers and people in their 20s are often too harsh for my skin, but creams for sensitive or more mature skin seem to work perfectly.

Edited by holalola

Posted

I use eye cream myself and I love it. I am almost out though I did buy a Hydro boost gel/cream by Neutrogena I plan to use it as an eye cream because of the tightening. It is a big jar and I got it on the cheap during Amazon Prime Day.

Posted

im 22 and have begun to notice fine lines around my eyes, smile lines and a semi-deep small wrinkle on my forehead. Ive been using Rose hip oil. eh? dunno. i use it twice a day, morning and night. ive heard people say it helps, im not sure if my skin would be much worse without it. Using it alongside with moisturiser makes my skin feel really soft.

Drink lots of water everyday. Get a good under eye cream and be careful with that delicate skin, stay out of the sun and wear sunglasses.

If you can, steer clear of sugar, dairy, alcohol and cigarettes. Exercise; try for at least 30 mins a day. 

Face masks, serums, derma rolling.

Im trying Retin A currently. its sort of... weird. Apparently its the only product on the market that actually helps with anti ageing. (who knows if thats actually true) It makes you really, really dry, wrinkly (?) and peely at first but eventually this goes away and it helps your skin turnover. ive been using it for a few months and have not noticed much difference except that i have a really dry, sensitive and red face. Hopefully it gets better.

Also im quite sure losing weight makes the skin on your face droop.