• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Freelee the Banana Girl AKA Leanne Ratcliffe

183 posts in this topic

Posted

Are you better now? Did you get any permanent consequences? I'm glad that you got out of the cult-like mentality. Lots of people remain in it even if it ends up killing them. We had some serious cases on that forum and people still defended them and claimed all their symptoms were from the years of " abuse" that cooked food and animal products had done on their bodies. 

I hope you recovered fully. It's no easy feat, those diets really mess your body up, specially if you are active.

I'm on the way there. But I feel this isn't the place to get into my health issue. Thanks for the concern though.

She's either on a very strict diet or she works out most of the time cause there's no way a woman can eat 20 bananas and a kilo of potatoes every single day and look like her lol. Maybe her dumbass followers believe that shit but not me. 

I think she has some body image issues or an eating disorder.

20 bananas =2000+ cals. 30 bananas a day like she used to preach is 3000-4000 cals. An average women only needs 2400 cals a day. 1700 slow weight loss. 2500  bulk. 1200 minimum (not ideal). 

Now I have a qualification in fitness and so as far as I know calories in equals calories out. I train heavy weights 3 times a week and am only eating 2100 calories. Now my training builds strength rather then focusing on weight loss. But even if I was doing cardio 2100. 

Now calories always are equal in equal out and the surplus is stored as fat. Freelee promotes sugar cant turn into fats but they can. It's literally in my text book (she would know this if she actually studied the course I did as we should have the same text book addition). Now maybe if a man with naturally high testosterone (say a 14 year old boy) ate this way they would be fine (eostrogen can be related to weight gain) however this is not the case for Leanne. I would be curious to know her height and weight. 

The reason why she can eat like 3,000+ calories and stay skinny (aside from being vegan) is because she's super active everyday - she does cycling as a job and as a hobby, on top of that; she goes to the gym. So burning calories is nothing for her. I like her recipe ideas, but obviously if you're not active you shouldn't eat the same amount of food as her. Her problem is that she's so disconnected from the average person and forgets that a lot people don't move much during their 9~5 job. It's just simple math if you want to lose weight but don't want to exercise.

Now I would disagree to an extent. I don't think she eats that much or is that active. To burn the calories from a big mac you would have to jog for an hour to get there then an hour back. 90% of your weight is diet related and 10% is in the gym. 

But yes, most vegans don't support pet ownership FROM breeders. It's due to the idea that breeding is still using and taking advantage of animals for profit. However, the vegan community definitely supports people adopting from animal shelters since they've already been born and need our help. I don't know much about her pet owning history lol, but it's hella hypocritical if she got them from a breeder

I agree 100% and still dont support puppy mills and pet shops. I believe her dogs were adopted from a friend anyway. 

Anyways, it looks like she's doing a channel relaunch (?), seems like she's actually trying to be nice and letting go of her old aggressive persona. Her new bf seems nice and I hope he's helping her change for the positive. 

I hope so

Posted

I truly hope she will change her ways, since thanks largely to her & DR people online think vegans are fucking crazy. I always thought she had a good message but her delivery, her constant judgement is so unnecessary - it's obvious she began using inflammatory content to get a large following, which makes the underlying message minuscule. she has been more concerned with her fame & the success of her bullshit diet over the true cause at hand for a long time. 

Posted

Yeah what little respect I had for hid went out the door after she started giving advice to stop periods because "periods are unhealthy"

Posted

Yeah what little respect I had for hid went out the door after she started giving advice to stop periods because "periods are unhealthy"

When did she say that? Can you provide a link?

How can a sane human being who had sex ed come to the conclusion that periods are unhealthy, especially a woman??? That's ridiculous

Posted

When did she say that? Can you provide a link?

How can a sane human being who had sex ed come to the conclusion that periods are unhealthy, especially a woman??? That's ridiculous

Oh... That's part of her Ideology Pre-Raw til4- so she's back at it again?  It's one of her oldest topics. She claims human femals wouldn't be feritle year round and that cooked foods and animal products mess up our bodies... 9_9 I'm going to look into her old videos and I'll get back at you

Damn She deleted so Many old Videos!  She had so many other videos and she had multiples on Period... weird. 

She also mentions this in other videos but some are messing and some were other subjects but she also mentions how mesntruation is unatural. We should back up her vids because sshe has deleted a lot of vids.:S

Posted

Ok looks like someone beat me

Posted

apparently she has turned off comments and greg is trying too start beef with her too 

Posted

apparently she has turned off comments and greg is trying too start beef with her too 

gotta love onion boy

Posted

How does she expect people to eat like 100 nanners a day & not feel full to the point of being barely able to move & not gain weight??? 

Posted

Don't get me wrong, but you can be vegan and still be healthy. But her over-the-top behavior towards that kind of diet is concerning, a post on his discussion mentioned that she was anorexic in the past? I have a feeling that she still has some form of an eating disorder. 

Posted

don't know much about her but from the way she's living i wouldn't be surprised if she was an exercise bulimic. i dont believe she eats 3k+ calories a day while looking like that with the amount she claims to exercise. she either doesn't eat the amount she claims to eat or overexercises imo.

Posted

has anyone checked out her current off grid - jungle lifestyle content? apart from her new instagram only containing nudes i hate to say that i really dig it.compared to the older stuff where she bashes people with unsolicited  shit diet a dvice.

(and before i reply to any age old comments here) i think i saw a diet breakdown on her and durian rider a long time ago that explained why raw till 4 works for them, and apparently it did because she and durian rider used to ride their bikes for hours on end. every single day. so overexercising isn't unlikely. and her super low sodium intake may play a role as well because she won't retain as much water that way. any normal person that eats more than 2000 kcal a day without needing it will gain excess weight. but she can't sell a diet that way :)

Posted

Is Freelee suffering from some sort of gender dysphoria, or is this all clickbait? I tried watching the “I don’t want to be a woman anymore” video but she just kept rambling and repeating the same things over and over again. It seemed like she just wanted to talk about how she doesn’t shave or wear makeup anymore. I think her fruititarian diet is starting to affect her ability to form thoughts. The way she talks reminds me a lot of Eugenia Cooney. 

4BAA6F75-B14C-4DB3-82C1-540CBF9B3895.thu(Link)

11FA3223-49FA-4F5C-8322-89F2F6B830E7.thu(Link)

6BFAC787-C26D-423A-B587-16CD1E61EDB1.thu(Link)

B80C2F41-5BF5-4A6A-B09B-0C8F30DE9825.thu(Link)

Posted

Is Freelee suffering from some sort of gender dysphoria, or is this all clickbait? I tried watching the “I don’t want to be a woman anymore” video but she just kept rambling and repeating the same things over and over again. It seemed like she just wanted to talk about how she doesn’t shave or wear makeup anymore. I think her fruititarian diet is starting to affect her ability to form thoughts. The way she talks reminds me a lot of Eugenia Cooney. 

4BAA6F75-B14C-4DB3-82C1-540CBF9B3895.thu(Link)

11FA3223-49FA-4F5C-8322-89F2F6B830E7.thu(Link)

6BFAC787-C26D-423A-B587-16CD1E61EDB1.thu(Link)

B80C2F41-5BF5-4A6A-B09B-0C8F30DE9825.thu(Link)

Freelee has always been a big one for click bait. 

https://www.instagram.com/freelee_official

New insta

If you look at her comments people are confused about this off the grid lifestyle because if she is off the grid how does she have wifi and power for the internet? There was one comment where she was incredibly rude to a fan as well but I can't seem to find it. 

Posted

now she’s kinda turned into a terf in my opinion. That’s the impression that I got when reading her rant on femaleness and the like.