• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

2401 posts in this topic

Posted

If this is going into the whole trans discussion again maybe continue it via pm?

Posted (edited)

@Vixen that was I said.

Returning to knitemaya, I'm going to upload some pics of him on a Con where I think he's taping again in front of everyone but I'm not 100% sure, what do you think?

dbe0764b1d507df7153a0e3d2d3d6fb8.thumb.p

80a3654f5927353f531aea2fe7fbaac8.thumb.j

Edited by GoMons

Posted

@Vixen that was I said.

Returning to knitemaya, I'm going to upload some pics of him on a Con where I think he's taping again in front of everyone but I'm not 100% sure, what do you think?

dbe0764b1d507df7153a0e3d2d3d6fb8.thumb.p

80a3654f5927353f531aea2fe7fbaac8.thumb.j

I'm pretty sure he's not taping here.. when he tapes the end of his eyelids look straight and not curved like in this picture (I'm not sure if I managed to explain it well so I'll include a pic :/)

IMG_6608.PNG

Posted

Im an australian ex-cosplayer and taping/photoshopping is rife in Australia, to be honest.

Posted

I saw that video and it's creepy how her face doesn't change. Same angle, same smile, same expression. It's creepy as fuck. Different outfits but same face. Eugh.

Also, the first outfit was ugly as fuck.

Posted

Screenshot_20170130-085842.thumb.png.3e3

I don't understand him anymore, honestly. Sorry for the bump.

he looks awesome in this photo, though.

he has a patreon now: www.patreon.com/knitemaya (just in case OP wants to update the summary)

Posted

Screenshot_20170130-085842.thumb.png.3e3

I don't understand him anymore, honestly. Sorry for the bump.

he looks awesome in this photo, though.

he has a patreon now: www.patreon.com/knitemaya (just in case OP wants to update the summary)

Me neither, hence why I stopped following him.

Posted

Me neither, hence why I stopped following him.

*sighs* I should do this too... :alpacaworry2:

Posted

Which is his real chin?

IMG_20170203_150642.thumb.jpg.0b96699d42

Posted

Which is his real chin?

IMG_20170203_150642.thumb.jpg.0b96699d42

wtf I thought that he's chin was real, btw, he's going to be a guest on Spain:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPtTbPCAXZw/?taken-by=knitemaya

btw: I want to share this video about Knite, is from Fb, I don't know why wearing a traditional costume from another culture could be wrong, despite of the taping topic, I think that there's nothing wrong with it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

https://www.facebook.com/knitemaya/videos/754413248044099/

Posted (edited)

btw: I want to share this video about Knite, is from Fb, I don't know why wearing a traditional costume from another culture could be wrong, despite of the taping topic, I think that there's nothing wrong with it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

https://www.facebook.com/knitemaya/videos/754413248044099/

His chin is dancing af through out that video! :/ And how can people buy the "i'm a real boi" thing listening to that voice? He's obviously forcing it to sound deeper, but it doesn't even sound as an adult male, imo. He has good points tho, I don't think that's racist at all, but I'm not asian, so I can't say much about it. 

(btw, I'm new here, hello :alpacacrush:)

Edited by SquidWardComplex

Posted (edited)

@Superboy maybe my English didn't allow me to explain me correctly.

According to what I've read on that description I posted about gender/sex, a transman gender is masculine (it's a rol) and sex is female. This is not transphobic, it's just what it is. A transman is a boy/man/masculine/he/him whatever.

But if you say that you're a male you are saying that you are cis (or you took a reassignment therapy) because male/female is a biological fact.

No transphobia here, a transman is a man. I hope this post can be more understable.

Maybe I misunderstood that text and nobody told me but I see it very clear and I don't see that as transphobic, if you want to talk about it and I am wrong and it is transphobic, please, send me a private, English is not my tongue language and I don't want to be misunderstood, I just want to learn. :alpacacrush:

I know you guys have moved on from this but I would like to point out that the website WorldCosplay itself only gives you Male/Female options under the gender settings.(There isn't even an 'others' or 'choose not to say' option)

This is not a medical record he is filling in, it's a social media account, so I wouldn't fault him to choose 'male' when he wishes to let people know he identifies as He and not She.

options.thumb.JPG.08c873fe7764917eab8979

On the subject of him taping his eyes, I am Asian(Chinese) and honestly, I don't actually think there is anything wrong with it.

I know a lot of other Asian cosplayers who actually does this too, not sure has anyone mentioned it yet, but one example of a well-known cosplayer is King from Taiwan.

(50+ pages is a lot to go through so I've only read the first few pages and the last few pages, some of what I'm saying has probably been said before already)

I don't see it as an attempt to 'yellow-face' because Anime characters, even though most of them are meant to look more like Asians(since they are drawn by Asians), are still drawn in a very stylised way.

When he tapes his eyes for his cosplays, he doesn't look Asian, he looks like an Anime character.

I understand that people get frustrated with Caucasians cosplaying as a character from other ethnicity and change some aspects of themselves(such as skin color), it's because they can just remove it after they are done with the cosplay and don't have to face everyday racism people of that race actually goes through.

But in this case, when I see him walking down the street with his eyes taped, no way am I going to think he is Asian/Japanese/Chinese/Korean, I just think he is cosplaying.

Edited by Morrowind

Posted (edited)

Okay I am sorry and I don't mean to hurt anyone with this but, I don't really get it why he's a guest at cons? I kinda admired him, still do somehow but- 

how is he a guest when his cosplays aren't really made with effort? I am not a pro in sewing either but I am no guest and never probably will be one.

His Witch Mercy was just really, bad, no effort in the cosplay? in my honest opinion. The wings were made from what? paper? hard paper? the chest area was so poorly sewn together same for the sleeves.

Same for his Christmas Tracer? the ends of the sleeves weren't even hemmed? kinda saddens me when cosplayers rush their cosplay just to be one of the first ones... or something like that. 

also god damn it patreons who give you a fansign and exclusive selfies with the price of 15 make me cringe TM.

Edited by Salis

Posted (edited)

@Salis I think I can reply your question, he's a friend with Koibito (Galebana), an organizer, Galebana and Gehe went to Silent Drama Con in China where they meet in person Knitemaya, they went friends, and that's all.

Koibito (Galebana) is known for being part of the 'elite-chan', I created a topic here, if some of you know it it would be great if you comment on it:

I'm going to quote some post I already posted here, but I'm going to post it first cos I tried to add them and all get erased. :alpacaworry2:

If you don't see them, refresh the page in a few minutes.

They together in the event:

Koibito (Galebana) defending Knitemaya taping via Twitter:

For me, when you really start to think that there is something wrong with Knitemaya being a guest it's because of you didn't really seem Koibito (Galebana) being a guest, I mean, Galebana is the green one, '''''Makoto''''':

https://twitter.com/knitemaya/status/759240761225408512/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

72e9074b55190cce48799ec2c4994d4d.thumb.p6679113f090a852dbb38627d04184c83.thumb.p

a.thumb.jpg.b6dd4ddc0adae9d0d7fccd09993a5873e5b28bb22a6fc69e05d7b127333f.thumb.p

If he can be a guest there, it's normal that Knite become a guest at the Spanish con now. Probably Gale just made it possible.

cf3dbe96d13cc9251e503573e4f1728b.thumb.j

Edited by GoMons