• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

2421 posts in this topic

Posted

Don't a lot of cosplayers do that to save money though? I've shared a room with like 4 people before... So even though there's just the two of them, they could just be sharing for the convenience.

it looks like a hotel suite 

not a money saving accommodation 

and wouldn’t a twin bed be cheaper if it’s for money saving purposes? 

Posted (edited)

it looks like a hotel suite 

not a money saving accommodation 

and wouldn’t a twin bed be cheaper if it’s for money saving purposes? 

King bed rooms are often cheaper since rooms with two beds are more desirable for larger groups. Most hotels in the US are either one king bed or two double beds. 

Edited by contrarycanary
I know they're in aus but I assume the hotels are similar

Posted

Don't a lot of cosplayers do that to save money though? I've shared a room with like 4 people before... So even though there's just the two of them, they could just be sharing for the convenience.

Yeah, that's true. But the room looks way too big and luxurious. I've had to room with a few people before (not for a con though) and it had two king beds and the room wasn't nearly as spacious... (and that was at a nice hotel!)

Posted

Kinda random, but has Knite ever addressed why they use slightly broken English in like 95% of their captions & comments? Or just awkward wording? They popped up on my explore page today so I went through their account for the first time in a while, and it's kind of absolutely infuriating since they're completely fluent in english. Are they trying to pass themselves off as more "asian" or "foreign" or what?

From a few recent posts:

"we catch up a lot and had so much fun"

"Today had a photoshoot at @cupcat_images in Kuala Lumpur 🇲🇾 Finally I shoot Black Jack"

"'Everyone was so lovely and take great care of us, "

Posted

Kinda random, but has Knite ever addressed why they use slightly broken English in like 95% of their captions & comments? Or just awkward wording? They popped up on my explore page today so I went through their account for the first time in a while, and it's kind of absolutely infuriating since they're completely fluent in english. Are they trying to pass themselves off as more "asian" or "foreign" or what?

From a few recent posts:

"we catch up a lot and had so much fun"

"Today had a photoshoot at @cupcat_images in Kuala Lumpur 🇲🇾 Finally I shoot Black Jack"

"'Everyone was so lovely and take great care of us, "

It is infuriating indeed, the fact that they exclusively shoot with Asian cosers doesn't help one bit........ I think they mentioned that English wasn't their first language but I don't really remember, I think you'll have to scroll up this thread. Hell English isn't my first language either but do I speak like Asian man ? No lol you're not an Asian coser trying to reach overseas audience. You're as white as they come.

Btw I checked some time ago and their Fatal Frame V photoshoot is still up to this day, the one where they cosplayed at the mature Japanese man (I don't know this series).

Full shoot >> https://www.fatalframe-v.knitemaya.net/page

New_Canvaskek.thumb.jpg.03686d55f0e92fe0

If you remember, it was a selfie of this character (Ren Hojo, was it?) that sparked outrage and pushed him to apology publicly on Tumblr. So if the shoot is still on his website now when he deleted the apology itself, so much for repenting and his first ""honest"" apology.

Knite, I know you're reading here so if you really feel sorry (which you don't), just please delete that photoshoot of your website. It's so creepy to have a white person mimicking Asian features when Asian racism is an actual thing! You could learn from your past mistakes and become a better person, but you just drag them with you and try to label people who want to help you as haterz............. You're kinda hopeless from the way I see it haha, hope you don't realize too late and I wish you the best. (and please delete this shoot)

Posted

She should know English extremely well since she uses it all the time and growing up in Australia like she has, would have made sure of that.

She is just pulling this shit off cause, apologies here, she is a racist punt towards Asians.

Posted

i think it was mentioned some pages back in the thread that maantacos might be dating knite. something abt the user seeing them at a con and knite is all clingy on mantacos? my memory might serve me wrong though

Posted

Knite tries hella hard to seem asian lol, down to trying to sound like they don't speak good English... I don't have screenshots but they have a history of slowly showing themselves as less and less proficient in English, vs. old receipts where they speak perfect English

It's very gross. Imagine being this racist and objectifying

Posted

Knite tries hella hard to seem asian lol, down to trying to sound like they don't speak good English... I don't have screenshots but they have a history of slowly showing themselves as less and less proficient in English, vs. old receipts where they speak perfect English

It's very gross. Imagine being this racist and objectifying

As bad as it sounds, dont have to imagine much wen Knite is a prime example of it currently...

Posted (edited)

i think it was mentioned some pages back in the thread that maantacos might be dating knite. something abt the user seeing them at a con and knite is all clingy on mantacos? my memory might serve me wrong though

yes I was a big fan of hers , and one day I saw them at work , she was clingy to maantacos and another older guy and trying to be abnoxiously “kawaii”

she was laughing at their racist jokes and would add in too (about black people and asians) 

she was rude to the waiters too (I asked her how was their day, and the standard protocol what do you want to order ) 

and she bitched about me when I left ,saying why people have to talk to her and how annoying when people talk to her 

i decided not to ask for a photo together 

Edited by Plantsoapsticks

Posted

Oh boy, rasict jokes as well? If someone could somehow get proof of all this, I feel like her following might decrease a little...

A little late, but does anyone still have the link or a screenshot to her apology to eye-taping, where she literally admitted it was racist? I don't think there's any comeback to her excuses if she herself said it was racist a couple years ago.

"B-But opinions change!!!!!!" yeah and people just casually reveal that they're racist when they have a bigger following because if you complain about then you're just jealous xoxo

Posted

Oh boy, rasict jokes as well? If someone could somehow get proof of all this, I feel like her following might decrease a little...

A little late, but does anyone still have the link or a screenshot to her apology to eye-taping, where she literally admitted it was racist? I don't think there's any comeback to her excuses if she herself said it was racist a couple years ago.

"B-But opinions change!!!!!!" yeah and people just casually reveal that they're racist when they have a bigger following because if you complain about then you're just jealous xoxo

I’m sure in the beginning of the thread?

Posted

Wait sorry if this is stupid to ask but just so we're clear, what pronouns does knite use? I'm confused, I've seen twitter callouts use she, some people here using they (I guess to be safe), but he in the beginning of the thread?

When knite was sockpuppeting they used "he" towards themselves? I'm not as up to date as I'd like to be so sorry in advance m(;∇;)m

Posted

tumblr_inline_nz7o05QQyb1sibu2o_500.png

Posted

Someone actually called her out for this again but she avoided it by saying she was bullied when she moved to Australia, there's no way she's racist!

Screenshot_20181115-114949_1.thumb.png.1Screenshot_20181115-115004_1.thumb.png.0

Bullied for her ethinicity? oooof, I've literally not heard of any Greek being bullied because of their ethnicity AND appearance. (Greece is our neighbour country)

She's full of BS.