• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

2401 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

https://m.worldcosplay.net/en/member/knite here it’s listed their gender as male 

also i think it’s peoples choice to come out or not they don’t need to prove that they’re trans to anyone no one owes you that private detail of their life

You’re right in one aspect, but I think what is getting lost here is in how Knite is actively promoting a brand.  A brand requires authenticity.  Whilst I have no issues with being gender fluid, Knite actively has gone back and forth chasing “clout” for lack of a better word,  while still trying to cement a social influencer persona.  If I were a fan I’d feel let down - to have someone I look up to (with a significant following) be wishy washy on what is a defining aspect of their character (as they have made it so) is a bit meh.

edit: Look I understand “finding oneself”, but their more I’ve been exposed to these online personalities, the more I’ve realised most are full of shit and just trying to get those likes and talkability points. I’m a cynic now.

Edited by DrSpork
I’m a cynic

Posted

https://m.worldcosplay.net/en/member/knite here it’s listed their gender as male 

also i think it’s peoples choice to come out or not they don’t need to prove that they’re trans to anyone no one owes you that private detail of their life

Yeah, plenty of trans people don't want it to be know they're trans. We don't know how his family sees it, they might be discouraging the transition, maybe he can't afford to medically transition and thus doesn't want to out himself (I personally know how scary it is as I'm trans and I'm afraid to come out because what if I don't afford transition? everyone will ask about it). I think it's just more tasteful to go by "he".

Posted

I don’t know, but I see comments made on insta calling Knite “she” and they’re not being deleted or apprehended. 

Posted

I tried making an account on the World Cosplay website, and to change any settings like nicknames or timezones, you HAVE to put a gender. Obviously she would put what people think she is.

kn.thumb.PNG.4ca2d55c5adb8b83df912c590ec

Plus, I mostly base my statement on these two screenshots, and in my defense, if she flipped out THAT much for being mistaken for a dude, then it's obvious that she only uses "male" for her fans and bio, and I feel is extremely disrespectful.

kni.thumb.PNG.3bbaa6cd7c008cd4693afcfc38knit.thumb.png.ab8a8d7e6e8478dd8f678f01a

Posted

Two faced racist liar?

Posted

I tried making an account on the World Cosplay website, and to change any settings like nicknames or timezones, you HAVE to put a gender. Obviously she would put what people think she is.

kn.thumb.PNG.4ca2d55c5adb8b83df912c590ec

Plus, I mostly base my statement on these two screenshots, and in my defense, if she flipped out THAT much for being mistaken for a dude, then it's obvious that she only uses "male" for her fans and bio, and I feel is extremely disrespectful.

kni.thumb.PNG.3bbaa6cd7c008cd4693afcfc38knit.thumb.png.ab8a8d7e6e8478dd8f678f01a

Sorry, but this is another outdated screenshot. This is what he said in a DM to an anon on lolcow. 

426F9FB5-5EFD-427D-9D21-306B93C19DB7.png

Posted

Ok can I just ask a question(two actually): Do you think it is racist if an Asian person with mono-eyelids tape their eyelids then to get double eye lids? Is it also racist if Asian people use skin lightening products? I'm genuinely asking by the way and it's an open question anybody can answer because I'm pretty curious on what people think about this. 

Skin lightning has been a thing for a very long time, it has a history based on social status, wealth and hierarchy in a lot of asian cultures. It's actually even become a problem now, there is a documentary of people in South Africa whitning their skins so they have better job opportunities, fame or are seen more 'desireable', its also common in Brazil (According to a friend of mine) where white traits or characteristics are more desirable than those of African American because of history of oppression and racism. It's pretty messed up that you have to look more 'White' to have more opporunities in some places.

Posted

Trans or not, Knite has cosplayed a girl again. This time is Akali K/DA from LOL, a game which I think Knite has never talked about before...

We decided to call Knite a 'she' after seeing her doing female cosplays like this one, showing skin and claiming she uses a fake chest from Taobao yet never showing the chest itself as a separate item.

Also since she came on here and started shitting on Gehe who's really trans and also claiming to be Asian to support her taping.

Posted

Sorry, but this is another outdated screenshot. This is what he said in a DM to an anon on lolcow. 

426F9FB5-5EFD-427D-9D21-306B93C19DB7.png

Feminine boy... I wonder if Knite wrote this while still pretending to be a cis male?

Posted

Knite's given us free reign to call her whatever pronouns we want. She neither confirms nor denies if she's trans.Screenshot_20181112-170641.thumb.png.47e

Posted

Trans or not, Knite has cosplayed a girl again. This time is Akali K/DA from LOL, a game which I think Knite has never talked about before...

We decided to call Knite a 'she' after seeing her doing female cosplays like this one, showing skin and claiming she uses a fake chest from Taobao yet never showing the chest itself as a separate item.

Also since she came on here and started shitting on Gehe who's really trans and also claiming to be Asian to support her taping.

K/DA is basically a fictional K-Pop band comprised of four League of Legends characters (K/DA also refers to their skins for the specific alternate universe) who recently released an actual song called POP/STARS (with real life singers obviously providing the voices), which is getting a lot of hype/popularity, so I’m pretty sure Knite is just jumping on the band wagon

Posted

Knite's given us free reign to call her whatever pronouns we want. She neither confirms nor denies if she's trans.Screenshot_20181112-170641.thumb.png.47e

I don’t follow him on ig so I never saw this. Thanks for the screenie and for clearing things up! 

Posted

Thats one way to avoid giving an actual answer on gender (and it sounds like she stole my mantra, "I am who I am" lol)

I forgot to add this... I find this unappealing but that's just me

Screenshot_20181112-134734_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20181112-134737_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20181112-135048_Instagram.jpg

Posted (edited)

Thats one way to avoid giving an actual answer on gender (and it sounds like she stole my mantra, "I am who I am" lol)

I forgot to add this... I find this unappealing but that's just me

Screenshot_20181112-134734_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20181112-134737_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20181112-135048_Instagram.jpg

it's now at 58k likes on twitter................. did people all of a sudden forget her past

Edited by puppup

Posted

I am just comfortable being me.

nothing screams "secure in my identity" like pretending you're not fluent in english and taping your eyes

giphy.gif