• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Pokimane Graduation   07/05/20

Hello. Pokimane has been given her own Subforum in the Little Snowflakes section. This change and other minor site changes have been made and can be found in the site changes thread here. Thank you.

2421 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

i hate it when people are like "but now people will like your features more. they're trendy!" yeah. but that's the problem: it's cool when white people do it, but asians are still being made fun of for it. my face is not a trend- it's here to stay. the person who wrote that is just trying to defend knite no matter what. honestly, it's hard to take any of it that seriously because the poster is obviously biased towards knite because of their friendship. 

exactly, and I hate that he, as well as all of knitemaya's other friends, don't tell him that is wrong and are going to fight for him.

I'm never afraid to disagree with a friend/tell them they did wrong because the one time I did tell my friend she was wrong, she took down the bad things she had said.

so, really, I think that if his friends confronted him and said something about it he would trust and consider their judgement, then stop. even if his friends do think what he is doing is alright, they should be good enough friends to see how much hate he had gotten before from it and tell him to stop so it doesn't happen again. yet here we are.

I swear, the main problem with most people discussed on here is that they have no one/no one close to them is telling them what they are doing is a bad idea.

Edited by Kanra

Posted

ah fffs, the video did get to me though because i did feel bad for him.

i feel like it was even more stressful for knitemaya because it was coming, it definitely was, but it hit super hard. once one person was like 'dude that's not chill, are you taping your face to slant your eyes???' the dam burst and everyone who might've been keeping quiet just rushed out with the power of a thousand tornadoes. 

it just sucks because if he realized that if he just dropped the tape and moved on from it, that he'd be fine. his cosplays are pretty amazing and he's gotten a lot better from when he first started! besides, i feel like he has a very dedicated fanbase and people actually care about him. his friends might all be asian, but at least he has friends! if they all discussed and talked about it, i think that there could be a working out somehow.

it is pretty cringy that he posted the video of him crying because yes, it sounds like a call for attention/help in his times of tribulation, but i feel like a lot of these online personalities (or even snowflakes) could use this time to become closer with their family or their friends. i know that if i was an online personality or something, i'd definitely log out and take a breather and cry on my friends' shoulders, sure, but keep the online update to a minimum ('not feeling that good today!! see you tomorrow :>')

if knitemaya can stop using tape and and and stop backpedaling, then

MyxtZpH.jpg

Posted (edited)

Lmao I'm the one that originally posted the Erwin pics and I'm glad that people are calling him out. If he doesn't realize what he's doing is wrong, I really don't fucking understand what's going on in his head. He literally brought this upon himself by:

1) Taping his eyes

2) Acknowledging that it was racist and said he deeply regretted it, and wouldn't do it again

3) Kept taping his eyes, what the hell...

And to those who are like, 'Oh but he's doing it because he admires asians' - please, just be quiet. He obviously has some self-image problems to the point where he goes out normally with his eyes like that but that's besides the point. This is modern yellowfacing. Maybe it isn't malicious, but it is still imitating another culture and their features, demeaning and entire race of people. We are being reduced to a costume with this kind of behavior. Yellowface in the past was painting your face and taping your eyes, a literal costume. But no one is going to do that now - it's too blatantly racist and everyone knows it's derogatory. You would have to be really ignorant or stupid to do that. I don't understand why so many people are trying justify and defend him - what he is doing is wrong. Yes, he is attractive but that doesn't mean he should be free from criticism. 

Also, there are so many other ways to manipulate your eye shape without physically manipulating the skin (taping). Knitemaya calls themselves a makeup artist, so I don't doubt that they could do their eye make well and get that sharp eye effect. They obviously have makeup skills - the tape is so unnecessary. 

Jesus. Knitemaya, just fucking admit you're in the wrong and STOP EYE TAPING. Come to light with what you've been doing and stop trying to cover your ass, it's only making you look worse. Ugh! 

there's so much I wanted to say but lmao I can't remember it all... I'm really glad this thread has been active though this is important stuff to talk about

Edited by kyara
more stuff to say...

Posted

it is pretty cringy that he posted the video of him crying because yes, it sounds like a call for attention/help in his times of tribulation, but i feel like a lot of these online personalities (or even snowflakes) could use this time to become closer with their family or their friends. i know that if i was an online personality or something, i'd definitely log out and take a breather and cry on my friends' shoulders, sure, but keep the online update to a minimum ('not feeling that good today!! see you tomorrow :>')

if knitemaya can stop using tape and and and stop backpedaling, then

MyxtZpH.jpg

I don't think laying low and just giving occasional updates is going to be alright. This is only getting worse right now because more people are finding out. what he needs to do is apologize, sincerely this time and actually stop taping his eyes.

well, actually before he apologizes he needs to own up to still doing it because it is just too obvious. LOL. he was a good cosplayer before all of this tape bullshit, he doesn't need it to be popular.

And to those who are like, 'Oh but he's doing it because he admires asians' - please, just be quiet. He obviously has some self-image problems to the point where he goes out normally with his eyes like that but that's besides the point. This is modern yellowfacing. Maybe it isn't malicious, but it is still imitating another culture and their features, demeaning and entire race of people. We are being reduced to a costume with this kind of behavior. Yellowface in the past was painting your face and taping your eyes, a literal costume. But no one is going to do that now - it's too blatantly racist and everyone knows it's derogatory. You would have to be really ignorant or stupid to do that. I don't understand why so many people are trying justify and defend him - what he is doing is wrong. Yes, he is attractive but that doesn't mean he should be free from criticism. 

Also, there are so many other ways to manipulate your eye shape without physically manipulating the skin (taping). Knitemaya calls themselves a makeup artist, so I don't doubt that they could do their eye make well and get that sharp eye effect. They obviously have makeup skills - the tape is so unnecessary. 

Jesus. Knitemaya, just fucking admit you're in the wrong and STOP EYE TAPING. Come to light with what you've been doing and stop trying to cover your ass, it's only making you look worse. Ugh! 

thank you!!! I would up vote you but I can't. highlighting all the important parts because people in the thread, as well as knitemaya himself need to realize this.

god, I wish he could see this thread so it could smack some more sense into him that he apparently can't see from all the tumblr shit written about him.

Posted

Lmao I'm the one that originally posted the Erwin pics and I'm glad that people are calling him out. If he doesn't realize what he's doing is wrong, I really don't fucking understand what's going on in his head. He literally brought this upon himself by:

1) Taping his eyes

2) Acknowledging that it was racist and said he deeply regretted it, and wouldn't do it again

3) Kept taping his eyes, what the hell...

there's so much I wanted to say but lmao I can't remember it all... I'm really glad this thread has been active though this is important stuff to talk about

He does admire Asians...to the point of being obsessed lolol. I don't feel bad that he seems to be having mental breakdowns because of this either. I wish more people would be called out for pretending to be other races, whether it's Asian, Black, White, or Native. If no one calls them out, they keep doing the same thing and influencing other people to do the same thing. I'm surprised we aren't seeing an influx of people having eye surgery to look Asian like that White Brazilian guy did.

Posted

I feel like Knite would get that eye surgery if he could afford it ^^^^^ :haiplz: lmao i saw that dude in the instagram comments say "the Erwin tape was used to change his eyebrow shape!11" but knites eyebrows are literally drawn on. in the video you see he doesnt even have eyebrows really.

Posted (edited)

I read the whole thread and I really do understand why so many people are upset, I think a lot of people think that Knite is just 'taking' something from asians and using it for himself to make himself look 'cool'. I can understand why that's an upsetting thought, but I still don't believe he's a serious racist. When I first saw Knite I didn't sit there and think, oh man haha asian people sure have funny lookin eyes. No, in fact I didn't even realize he was trying to be asian at first, I thought he was just trying to resemble characters from anime. When I heard he did it as an everyday look I thought wow this guy is an idiot, not because he's racist but because he's bound to upset lots of people, which he has. I never once said what he's doing is 100% ok, especially not as an everyday look. I just don't think he's as harmful as people are saying. 

I'm probably gonna get majorly shit on for this, but I wanna know, why is it so evil to pretend to be another race? I'm honestly wondering, should all races be distinctly seperate and must never ever try to resemble one another, even if it's only for a costume? I know a lot of people have issues with white people doing this, but say if a black person pretended to be asian or white for a cosplay, why would that be wrong? I'm honestly asking for a logical response. 

Edited by Veevee

Posted

Vote to ignore Veevee and other people with similar posts cause this person seriously doesn't understand "why its so evil to pretend to be another race"? We have explained this multiple times, so you clearly did not retain any of the information you supposedly read in this thread.

The act of pretending to be another race as a costume comes from racism. It was invented by people who did not want to give oppressed races roles in movies and people who wanted to mock the race theyre pretending to be. Whether youre doing it out of "love for the culture" or not, whether you are black or white pretending to be asian or another race for "cosplay" or any costume, it all comes from the same place. its like wearing a fucking swastika for fashion and saying "oh theres nothing wrong with it cause im not racist!111 i just admire the time era!!! ik it comes from racism but it doesnt have to mean that here!!!!!!" (and yes im aware the swastika was originally a peace symbol but it never will be again and is currently used by kkk and other hate groups. Im also aware that this is a drastic / extreme comparison, but its the only way i know how to explain without repeating what we have already said.)

Posted

Knitemaya should prob stop using tape on his eyes before he rips his eyelid or something lmao

LMAO when I read this i could only imagine eyelid-less knite looking like Judge Doom from Roger Rabbit.

maxresdefault.jpg

Posted (edited)

Vote to ignore Veevee and other people with similar posts cause this person seriously doesn't understand "why its so evil to pretend to be another race"? We have explained this multiple times, so you clearly did not retain any of the information you supposedly read in this thread.

The act of pretending to be another race as a costume comes from racism. It was invented by people who did not want to give oppressed races roles in movies and people who wanted to mock the race theyre pretending to be. Whether youre doing it out of "love for the culture" or not, whether you are black or white pretending to be asian or another race for "cosplay" or any costume, it all comes from the same place. its like wearing a fucking swastika for fashion and saying "oh theres nothing wrong with it cause im not racist!111 i just admire the time era!!! ik it comes from racism but it doesnt have to mean that here!!!!!!" (and yes im aware the swastika was originally a peace symbol but it never will be again and is currently used by kkk and other hate groups. Im also aware that this is a drastic / extreme comparison, but its the only way i know how to explain without repeating what we have already said.)

Thank you so much for this, and also agreed. If you've read the whole thread and are still ignorant I.. ok. Ok then. :alpacawink: (and I'd upvote if I could!)

Edited by kyara

Posted (edited)

Cool, so I'm not allowed to have an opinion because it goes against the norm? And no, you guys never logically explained it you just said it's wrong because it's wrong, basically.

I'm not talking about like when white actors yellow faced or black faced themselves instead of hiring asians and blacks to play those roles, I'm talking about modern day people cosplaying and changing their appearance to resemble another race because they want to accurately portray a character they love. I just don't see it as hateful. I dunno, I guess I'm just crazy. Plus I'm white so I'm probably not allowed to comment on stuff like this right.

Just wanted to offer a different opinion. Honestly I can see the reasoning for both sides of the argument (although at this point its pretty one sided).

Edited by Veevee

Posted

ok, i'll say it one more time, :)))))))))))))) because i just had to say this to someone else, so I'll make it to anyone about to comment anything about why this is racist one more time, just once.

if you would like to further discuss things about cultural appropriation/racism/WHATEVER, please take it over to this thread:

look at that, I even put the link this time. We aren't going to keep going in circles on things that have already been discussed out this thread. moreover, if you have something to add about knitemaya (that's what this thread is about btw), then by all means, feel free to drop it here, thanks. :)))))

Posted

Agreed.

That being said:

Kniteyama deleted the crying video lmao. At least I have screenshots to forever remember the moment when this dick tried to get more attention and victimize himself. Its like robbing a bank and complaining that the law enforcement is mean when they start lookin for you.