• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

2401 posts in this topic

Posted

Honestly I think this is kind of rude to comment on their picture (or anyone's picture). It comes off as harassing them and frankly I'd block and delete it too if I was in their shoes. 

They were rude but nothing like death threats or any other really offending comments that the internet could stir up. Knite isn't just anyone, this isn't your cousin on facebook, he is an internet personality and should know how things work and have a thicker skin than the average person about internet comments. He should be used to a rude comment here and there and should know if the comment has a point despite the way it's put then deleting it looks like they want to hide that point (in this case the fact that he's editing). 

Posted

They were rude but nothing like death threats or any other really offending comments that the internet could stir up. Knite isn't just anyone, this isn't your cousin on facebook, he is an internet personality and should know how things work and have a thicker skin than the average person about internet comments. He should be used to a rude comment here and there and should know if the comment has a point despite the way it's put then deleting it looks like they want to hide that point (in this case the fact that he's editing). 

From what was posted, Knite didn't get angry and replied fairly politely, which is all I expect from internet personalities. There's nothing wrong with deleting rude comments: it's not a right to have your comment on someone else's photo. Them being an internet personality doesn't change anything; it's not like having a lot of followers stops you from being annoyed by harassment. Since Knite has stated publicly before that they edit and they've participated in Deerstalker videos, I don't read this situation as hiding the fact that they edit. 

Posted

If you post a picture pretending it’s all natural and not edited to your fans and someone comments it’s edited, does that classify as harassment? 

I suppose people asking for where Mayo bought the taobao boobs for the “man chest” or calling them mayonnaise in comments for trying to come across as being asian are in jail now... 

[Edit: I am sorry for offending you, I dislike her very much for the facetape drama I was also involved in a time ago, so I guess I would not be above harassing Knite ! With that insight you would be rightって] 

Regardless if you dislike him, you need to stop misgendering him lol 

also not to white knight since idk him lol but he said that was his normal appearance (like an everyday look/attire) he didn’t say it was natural afaik

Posted

How is it misgendering when Knite is actually female and is only playing the male card for gaining fan-girls? Than again, that's kinda my opinion there since after seeing and hearing Knite in person, it's not that hard to tell that she is a she.

Posted

How is it misgendering when Knite is actually female and is only playing the male card for gaining fan-girls? Than again, that's kinda my opinion there since after seeing and hearing Knite in person, it's not that hard to tell that she is a she.

Didn’t they make a whole post about Knitemaya being a persona? In the past they got worked up for being called a “he” but then “embraced “ it and went with it, claiming to be a cis male?

I have nothing against transgender people of course, but I never thought Knite was that?

Posted

From what was posted, Knite didn't get angry and replied fairly politely, which is all I expect from internet personalities. There's nothing wrong with deleting rude comments: it's not a right to have your comment on someone else's photo. Them being an internet personality doesn't change anything; it's not like having a lot of followers stops you from being annoyed by harassment. Since Knite has stated publicly before that they edit and they've participated in Deerstalker videos, I don't read this situation as hiding the fact that they edit. 

I wasn't stating that it was a right to have your shitty comment on someone's photo just that deleting a comment that (although rude) is making a point about how they edit looks fishy like they want to hide that info. Whether someone is being polite or not on the matter deleting the comment looks like hiding the subject at least for first time viewers or new fans and I wouldn't go so far as to describe Ennui's comments as "harassment", but everyone has a different threshold and considering how often Knite exposes himself to the internet I expected his threshold for bad behavior to be a bit higher. However, I will acknowledge that is just MY take on the matter. 

Posted

Or perhaps instead of attempting to hide something, the comment was deleted simply because it was distasteful and they don’t want toxicity on their social media. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Posted

I think lots of cosplayers and social media influencers try to have their pages be very aesthetic-y and so they might delete some comments they feel don't fit their aesthetic. So maybe knite just wants her page to be really positive? Maybe she's just insecure about her use of photoshop. We'll never know her exact reasons for deleting this or any other comments.  Ennui could have been more polite, but i don't think the comment was that rude. I think they had good intentions. Lots of social media influencers get comments on their very photo shopped pics about how perfect they are. But they're not that perfect in real live. No one is. It can be hurtful to fans when they see such unrealistic pictures as a goal or a standard for themselves. I don't think calling out unrealistic standards is a bad thing. As far as knite deleting the comments, I think it's a bit sketch but def not the sketchiest thing she's done. Everyone's here to discuss knite, not whether or not it's okay to leave mildly rude comments on people's public pictures or whether or not someone has the right to delete said comments.  This is a gossip site. There's nothing wrong with liking knite, but this isn't a site for white knighting. Hope it's okay to put my two cents in. I normally only lurk knite's forum.

Posted (edited)

Knite has requested to be called he/him, and the idea that he’s doing it for Instagram clout is pure hypothesis, proposed by an anon claiming to be his “friend” who had no proof. Everyone on this thread was eager to eat it up because we all dislike him, but that doesn’t make it true. To me it’s pretty obvious that he’s a trans guy whose gender is still a sore subject to him, so he lies about it and skirts around the issue. No matter how much I dislike him, I don’t think it’s right to call him “her”. 

Edited by xena
typo ^^;

Posted (edited)

Knite has requested to be called he/him, and the idea that he’s doing it for Instagram clout is pure hypothesis, proposed by an anon claiming to be his “friend” who had no proof. Everyone on this thread was eager to eat it up because we all dislike him, but that doesn’t make it true. To me it’s pretty obvious that he’s a trans guy whose gender is still a sore subject to him, so he lies about it and skirts around the issue. No matter how much I dislike him, I don’t think it’s right to call him “her”. 

The friend anon wasn't the only reason, scrolling back some pages at the beginning of the thread, you'll see Knite had a blog recently deleted, where they posted pictures of themselves in a rather feminine fashion, like showing off their body while wearing a virgin killer sweater(I think), since no transgender person would want to flaunt a feminine body like that, specially if they are sensitive about it, everyone assumed it was a facade, since when pointed out, Knite deleted all blogs.

The photo is at the very beginning now, but here it is

https://lolcow.farm/snow/src/1505719198310.jpg 

Edited by Shinya
Added the photo link!

Posted

The friend anon wasn't the only reason, scrolling back some pages at the beginning of the thread, you'll see Knite had a blog recently deleted, where they posted pictures of themselves in a rather feminine fashion, like showing off their body while wearing a virgin killer sweater(I think), since no transgender person would want to flaunt a feminine body like that, specially if they are sensitive about it, everyone assumed it was a facade, since when pointed out, Knite deleted all blogs.

This isn't proof that he's not trans. Different people have different levels of dysphoria, some trans people are completely comfortable in their bodies and others aren't. Besides, wouldn't it be a safe to assume he deleted it because it makes him dysphoric or embarrassed, not because he's trying to cover up some sort of grand facade? idk this dude is a racist asshole and he deserves all the shit that comes his way, but I think y'all give him too much credit when it comes to purposely deceiving his fanbase. At this point it's an open secret (even among his idiotic fujoshi followers) that he was assigned female at birth, but it won't hurt you to use he/him, even if you hate his guts.

Posted

I was more thinking of the old tweets where they were upset about being called a boy, saying something along the lines of '' I'm obviously a girl!''... I suppose there's really no good reason to speculate about someone's gender-That must be a rather cruel thing for them.

I wish they'd be more open, instead of posting 'It's so hard to try to act like a girl for videos!'' or ''Trying out girl looks today, do you like my fake manchest? Bought it from Taobao'' ...That makes me feel awkward reading it, as if it's some kind of persona, because we all know this isn't the truth and Knite must know it too.

There's another trans mua cosplay artist (Ascherlucas) that I heavily dislike for reasons like scamming and strange opinions but he was very open on being on hormones, binding, and transition. (He continued doing makeup looks and cosplay, just called his female cosplays 'drag'.) He called people out in comments for misgendering but it stopped over time of course because of the transition being very obvious.

I don't have much more to say on the subject because everybody deals with their own pain differently, and some want to avoid talking about it all together. I'd just have more understanding of the situation if it was clearer.

Posted

That's why I call Knite "she" cause she isn't clear about her gender at all. I still think that this Knitemaya is a persona that is being used until she either gets bored of cosplay and/or eventually gets a job and able to keep her personal and social media life seperate.

Posted

Either way, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they also hate on Gehe for being trans/outed him? Doesn't sound like something a fellow trans person should've done, and especially when before she would play dumb and be like "yeah idk why people think im a guy!!!!" when you saw her at conventions and LITERALLY deleted "male" off her instagram description at one point.

Overall though, I feel like we've had this "trans" argument already multiple times, and my opinion is that until she OFFICIALLY states she is trans, because it's very obvious that she's DFAB, I will only believe she is claiming to be male for the "yaoi boys".

Posted

https://m.worldcosplay.net/en/member/knite here it’s listed their gender as male 

also i think it’s peoples choice to come out or not they don’t need to prove that they’re trans to anyone no one owes you that private detail of their life