2009 posts in this topic

Posted

Maybe it's just me but doesn't the nose look kind of weird?

knite.thumb.png.bc4273a2295a5a175848a6f2

Especially on the left side. It looks like some clone stamp tool was used weirdly or smth i don't know

Posted (edited)

Maybe it's just me but doesn't the nose look kind of weird?

knite.thumb.png.bc4273a2295a5a175848a6f2

Especially on the left side. It looks like some clone stamp tool was used weirdly or smth i don't know

Was gonna mention that! It does look like she was trying to smooth out the nose area, probably got too blurred and she tried to clone the texture on her cheeks to put it on the nose, but the area was too light, so it looks hella weird

Another thing I can think of is that she tried to highlight the cheekbones on PS, but didn't either lower the opacity or didn't blend it well, notice that white line is in almost all of the pictures

Also, the editing is so bad, the cheek area is really pixelated compared to the jaw area, which is smooth, also, the nose seems really badly blurred?

Desenho.png

Desenho (1).png

Edited by Shinya

Posted

Was gonna mention that! It does look like she was trying to smooth out the nose area, probably got too blurred and she tried to clone the texture on her cheeks to put it on the nose, but the area was too light, so it looks hella weird

Another thing I can think of is that she tried to highlight the cheekbones on PS, but didn't either lower the opacity or didn't blend it well, notice that white line is in almost all of the pictures

Also, the editing is so bad, the cheek area is really pixelated compared to the jaw area, which is smooth, also, the nose seems really badly blurred?

Desenho.png

Desenho (1).png

yes she also smooth out her double eyelid to make herself look more Asian you can see the blur where the shadow is supposed to be. The blur is around the eyebrows. I know she hates her down pointed nose her edit of making it turn up is just as bad.

Posted

Full shoot was posted on their website (idk even what pronoun to use anymore so I guess I'll stick to they).

Link >>>>> https://www.crumpler.knitemaya.net/

Here are additional photos, I apologize in advance if they are too big. What does everyone think?

kek3.thumb.png.0c7100f6339b2f427f227a77d

kek2.thumb.png.23952d65bd71402a435dd4d23

kek1.thumb.png.70be088f5d08aab9b2ead6734

Personally, I love the aesthetic appeal to this, I won't lie. It's very simplistic, but the shots are also creative, which highlights the product and gives it an unique approach. The only complaint I have is that Knite looks really, really stiff and unhappy. Like, she looks like a cross between bored out of her mind and pure contempt (the PS also makes me a bit uncomfortable. Honestly, I didn't even realize it was Knite, I thought she was promoting another cosplayer on her page....)

Posted

For once, her bland expressions has a use since I get to focus on the product more than her. Not to mention the shooping and makeup to make her face thinner looks really uncanny to look at.

Posted (edited)

@Eve (can't quote people. It never worked for me) you're right, I really like the shots! Though if you compare them with the ones on Crumpler's official website, it looks very simplistic. I don't know the brand so idk though, maybe they were aiming for simplicity (duh) with this particular product.

But I'd really like to see Knite smile more in her photos, whether it's cosplay, modeling or selfies.

I don't know about everyone here, but to me it looks like she's always making a neutral/depressed face, or a Reika-ish smile. And I'm not talking about the cosplayer "Knitemaya" here, I'm talking about the real person.

Does it look like she's having fun?

In my opinion, it doesn't look like she's having fun.

Maybe it's the characters she cosplays that don't smile often, but if you look at Persona 5 protag whom she wants to be so representative of, he smiles quite often (even if it's a wicked smile when he is becomes Thief, but my point is, he's not always deadface like Knite portrays him).

I'd really like to see a real smile or laugh from her, not a Reika-ish one -- but whoops, that'd make her look Caucasian, amirite. The last real smiling photo we have from her is this one (see spoiler) , and she's trying to hide and conceal it from the Internet. And sure her cosplays were less good (see spoiler), but she really looked like she was having fun.

1501893392521.thumb.png.b5a0d2d10244f257

1500984501295.thumb.jpg.7fa73cb6e0b076c1

But now, because she buries herself so much under lies and fakeness (claiming she doesn't use tape when she does, denying the ultra-shooping and claiming her face looks like the shooped one, her constant need trying to prove herself when she has such a blind loyal fanbase, etc. etc) , I'm geniunely worried about her health and well-being.

When you type her name in the search bar, the first words that pop up are "girl or boy", "gender", or "racist". Aka the things she's being vague or controversial about, and not her personal achievements (except "mercy").

Sure, she is famous and worshipped by her followers, but we don't know what happens behind the scenes. She may be super depressed or unhappy, and even if I don't like her, I geniunly hope she recovers and comes in terms with her true self someday.

Knite, if you read me, please think about it. And smiling is allowed :alpacashocked:

Edited by prettypony
whoops I called her she when I said I'd stick to them. Nvm, I'm talking about the "original Knite" here so I guess it's ok?

Posted

When I saw this image, I felt good, like seeing a happy friend looking at me and it makes me want to smile too. Knite, smile more like this, it makes a world of difference, even for someone like me.

1501893392521.png.97529bd61bf7947030e028

Posted

So, is knite really trans? I mean if you have androgynous looks, sure, cosplay as both. It would make you more marketable than someone who can only do female or male. Noone would call you a fakeboi, just kind of gender ambidextrous. Have people pushed their ideas of what gender is on this person so much that they felt they needed to make a statement, even a false one? Or are they really just a fakeboi begging for that sweet sweet e fame. Does knite realize that age is setting in, you cannot cosplay as a 17-25 yr old male forever? Female and male bone structures are different and the skin will show, it always does. I encourage taking classes in makeup artistry and being a professional. If you fellow anons have any insight I would appreciate it. I am researching this rather new craze with gender identity. Not for a class or job, just for personal knowledge. I say craze because it is more prevalent now than even 10 years ago. I would hate for someone to have a gender changing surgery or go on testosterone/hormones, only to keep up with a fad. You can remove clothes, makeup, piercings, or tattoos, but taking a chemistry changing injection or going under the knife is more risky and can harm you permanently.

Posted (edited)

So, is knite really trans? I mean if you have androgynous looks, sure, cosplay as both. It would make you more marketable than someone who can only do female or male. Noone would call you a fakeboi, just kind of gender ambidextrous. Have people pushed their ideas of what gender is on this person so much that they felt they needed to make a statement, even a false one? Or are they really just a fakeboi begging for that sweet sweet e fame. Does knite realize that age is setting in, you cannot cosplay as a 17-25 yr old male forever? Female and male bone structures are different and the skin will show, it always does. I encourage taking classes in makeup artistry and being a professional. If you fellow anons have any insight I would appreciate it. I am researching this rather new craze with gender identity. Not for a class or job, just for personal knowledge. I say craze because it is more prevalent now than even 10 years ago. I would hate for someone to have a gender changing surgery or go on testosterone/hormones, only to keep up with a fad. You can remove clothes, makeup, piercings, or tattoos, but taking a chemistry changing injection or going under the knife is more risky and can harm you permanently.

I think it has been discussed and proved enough in this thread that Knite is faking their gender for popularity ^^" But you raised interesting points so I'll sum it up for you:alpacashocked:

• Knite is being super ambiguous with her gender, and then acts like he doesn't understand why people are confused
  • Being a male coser brings you more attention since 90% of cosers are female
  • When she cosplays a female, she's like "female makeup is haaaaaard" like she was a cis guy, and says she bought a breasts plate on Taobao, but can't specify a seller and you can see the defaults of her breasts skin.
  • Knite posted a NSFW pic of her in a virgin-killer sweater on her not-so-secret Tumblr, and cosplayed from Overwatch in a bikini. If she was transgender, she's have body dysphoria (= feeling trapped in your own body is a common thing for transgender people) and thus she wouldn't want to expose her body like that, and thus would hide it, and thus wouldn't do any of this. Ugh.

Source: I'm not transgender, but I have body dysphoria towards my breasts (I'd rather them not be here), so from my point of view, Knite's behavior is very contradictory and messed up.

My opinion is that she doesn't want to be a male, but the caricature of a male called "bishonen", that you can often find in BL manga and manga in general. Yaoi manga which she seems to love despite the fact that she claims to be "not so much into it" (remember she voted for gay marriage in Australia because of yaoi, sasuga Knite) This "I'm a natural bishonen" thing is the image she wants to sell to her fanbase. And her fanbase is so influenced by yaoi manga and is so thirsty for a real-life one, that it works.

If she started taking T, she'd lose her androgynous features and would gain more "masculine" traits which don't fit the bishonen trope. So for the last time, no, Knite is not transgender.

Sorry for the messy answer but I typed too quickly, tell me if I seemed rude but it's really not my intention ;~; Have a llama:alpacasad:

Please check this link for more info about bishonen trope that Knite wants to embody >>> http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Bishonen 

--------------------------------------

About your other points, if Knite really attended makeup school, I don't understand why she doesn't specify the school she went to? Maybe she doesn't have a degree after all? I don't know if what she wrote on her website is legit. I'm not sure of anything I'm supposed to know about her now...

Links don't works for now ugh but >>> https://www.knitemaya.net/blank-mpvle 

Edited by prettypony

Posted

Fascinating! So knite wants to be bishounen animu perfect hair forever. I read some of the history, but the contradictions, lies, apologies, and explanations about their own behavior confused me a bit.

I don't like to put my own perceptions onto anothers self identity, but people are liars, and when you add the fact that this is their job.. eehhhh I get weary.

This gives me flashbacks to 1996 when I was a teenager, we had a transgender student. I was friendly with her and absolutly horrified that our superintendent put her in special ed. She could only use the teachers unisex bathroom. It made me sick. I remember knowing some of my classmates were gay, but terrified of even acknowledging that they were. They would have been kicked out, or asked to go the  home schooling rout (for their own protection 🙄). It infuriates me that people would fake being trans or gay for monetary purposes. Even in this day it is hard for them, even in the most loving and accepting of situations.

Going to share a personal moment, do bear with me, I might get teary eyed...

My son came out to me half a year ago. I knew he was gay, even if he didn't. My s/o and I raised him to be respectful of others wishes, to know it takes all types to make this world work, and that aslong as he is with a willing partner, we didn't care. Same for anyone. I asked him why did it take him so long, I'll only forget this if Alzheimer's takes my memories.. "I know you love me no matter what, I know you would love me and being gay has no issue with that, but I still felt like somehow I would be letting you down".

It makes me feel like these fake gay and trans people are belittling the strife the real ones must deal with. So I must research it so I can spot the characteristic markers. 

Posted (edited)

It is slightly out of thread so I'm putting this under spoiler~

Wow thanks so much for your words!!

Also, thank you very much about sharing your story. I was born in 1997, so obviously I don't know about the treatment of queer people at that time, it's really sad to read. I hope this person is doing fine now!!

You and your a partner (what is s/o? I don't know this term) are amazing parents, your son is very lucky to have you two :alpacacrush:  I'm so happy for all of you, I don't get why it's so complicated for people to simply accept each other as they are, even if it means reconsidering their beliefs and opinions. You're doing amazing!! I love you!!

So yes, I find very sad that Knitemaya uses acceptance towards LGBT people as an excuse to do whatever she wants. It's like taking the gains, without taking the hardships. Sure, being part of the LGBT is cool and rainbows and stuff, but because it's out of the societal norm, we have to fight even more for it and I don't think it occured to Knite yet.

I hope she wakes up from her delusional dream soon...

Edited by prettypony

Posted

@prettypony

S/O (s/o, or SO) means Significant other which is colloquially used as a gender-neutral term for a person's partner in an intimate relationship; without disclosing or presuming anything about marital status, relationship status, or sexual orientation. Synonyms with similar properties include sweetheart, better half, spouse, domestic partner, lover, soulmate, or life partner.

Posted

Sometimes I wonder if Knite actually knows herself as a person or not... I mean, as a cosplayer persona, probably but as a person who is not some character? Probably not. I mean, I can kinda relate cause there are things about myself I do not understand, like my gender and sexuality.

Posted

my assumption: I think knite has adapted the person they are online onto their irl self and that's it, but they will also take off that online persona when it's easier, otherwise they would want to get surgery etc but apparently there is no need of that for them...? they can use photoshop, so that's enough? this is my guess on what they think about themself