• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

2404 posts in this topic

Posted

Instagram // Facebook // Twitter // Youtube // Tumblr

Image result for knitemaya

Information

• Became popular for cosplaying "ikemen/bishounen" guys
  • Came onto the thread and self-posted as mayanora, and used the account to talk shit about Geheichou all while white-knighting themselves (Gehe example)  (WK'ing example) (Proof of Knite actually being trans) (Claiming to be Asian)
    • When the PULL owner exposed Knite, they pretended they got hacked and tried to delete all of their posts on the website
    • Later threw a tantrum on livestream about getting exposed and threatened to go to the police
  • Photoshops extensively, such as making their face appear more dorito-like and making their hands larger
  • Tapes their eyes to appear more Asian-looking
  • Seems to fetishize gay relationships in their photoshoots 
  • Claims to have gone to school for makeup and that their cosplay looks were achieved with just makeup skills (though some of these photos say otherwise...)

Dorito Shoop/Eyetaping/Shoop general:

1505740672172.jpg1505248787249.gif1503464767289.jpg1502549172769.jpg1502118658005.pngImage result for knitemaya photoshoppingImage result for knitemaya photoshopping

Candids/Old Pictures:

1505055922345.png1499689667309.png1499694379480.png1501893392521.pngImage result for knitemaya photoshopping1502503551214.pngImage result for knitemaya photoshopping

Posted

Ugh I have so many (non good) feelings of male cosplays who look like this (TBH i have no idea is this cosplayer a male or female but the cosplays and how the person looks as in male makes me effing cringe)

like. who thinks that looks admirable at all. ugh.  just my pet peeve i guess though :DD Screenshot_2016-03-12-13-04-19-1.png

like.... seriously creepy mate.

Posted

Taping his eyes?  Now that's disgusting. 

Posted

Taping his eyes?  Now that's disgusting. 

I absolutely agree! That's why I was so surprised they weren't already on here. I heard of other cosplayers doing this, too.. it's odd.

I mean, it does look like above their eye is being pulled back/strained, no? especially in this photo

Screenshot_2016-03-12-13-03-26-1.png.3e29a287deb74f8c47a49c123eaa3e8d-1.png

Screenshot_2016-03-12-16-51-50-1.png

Posted

Does it look like his eyes are taped here?? I found this on his tumblr. I don't see any tape, but it could just be photoshopped out. ALSO he is a HE according to his tumblr tumblr_njaeguSCuu1s9fu2to1_1280.thumb.jp

also these. the "uke" might be shooped but look at the difference between the "seme' example and the one where he is showing off the phone case. his eyes have a totally different shape; they usually curve / slant upwards towards the outer corner where in that phone case photo the corners seem to just sit there normally and maybe go a bit downward... which is the total opposite of the usual...

Screenshot_2016-03-12_at_2.22.20_PM.thumScreenshot_2016-03-12_at_2.23.55_PM.thum

Posted

It's pretty obvious he alters his eyes because of his non cosplay pictures.  

Posted

He looks different in every picture..

Posted

I knew of Knite when they went by female pronouns, then switched to agender and now apparently going as he?

Either way, his facial features have always changed and are never consistent. 

Posted

Dang, I like that zootopia cosplay though

Posted

yeah. my question tho here is like, how is he doing it?? is it really tape? and there are photos of him out with people with his eyes like that, so do they not see it or do they not say anything??

Posted (edited)

I am so happy about this thread since I was also wondering why there is no thread for them yet. Actually I got a lot of questions when looking at their photos! When it comes to their gender, I am honestly not sure, but I think it is a girl! If you look at really old photos in their timeline you can see they post some old comparison photos when they were still younger and there it looks like a girl. But I am not entirely sure since they do not officially state their gender. So I don't want to bet on that. It could also be a really feminine guy. However, I was really confused when I found them first. I was not sure if that face shape is real. Like, the chin looks so long and exaggerated like in anime. Well, I watched some of their YT videos and it is indeed not fake. I was so surprised, since I tought it was ps at first. The faceshape is so perfect for a lot of bishounen cosplays. So I really like how they portray a lot of characters. However, when you take a look at the photos in which they were tagged by other people, it is clear that they really make their chin look even more sharp in some photos, but I think it is only really slight editing. The thing that confused me most however is how can a person change so much in just two years? I don't really get it.

Edited by QueenOfLiars

Posted (edited)

There's a video somewhere on YouTube of Knite doing Naruto cosplays with some group, and you can definitely tell she edits her face. And to be honest, every "male" cosplayer used to be female until it was figured out that being transgender (Specifically female to male) would get you popularity in the cosplay community. I just assume every popular cosplayer is probably transtrending. 

pt2016_03_13_01_05_53.jpg

Edited by KanekiCakes
Found the video and took screenshots

Posted (edited)

Okay onto the topic of does he use tape to make his eyes appear more slanted? 

There are 2 ways I know of on how to make your eyes more slanted, one is to stick one end of transparent tape to the side of your eye and pull the tape towards your hairline to stretch the eye making it appear narrower and thinner. The other is to use rubber bands to make a really tight pony tail at the back of your head, this however doesn't work that good. 

on_point.thumb.jpg.d8819133c975da17e3c49\

Tadashi himself does have slanted eyes, as Knitemaya has almond eyes. 

eyetapeing1.thumb.gif.b3961ccd00adf0ad99

Here is a comparison between his simple zombie make-up with his normal "relaxed eyes" against his Tadashi from Big Hero 6 cosplay make-up.

I can't say 100% that he does use tape to make his eyes more slanted for his Cosplay's until it comes from the horses mouth, however the way the eye pulls upwards makes me to believe he does indeed use transparent tape. 

Is this considered racist?

I personally do find it weird yet I don't find this racist nor disgusting. In the context that a cosplayer is using this make-up technique to appear more like there character they are trying to portray. I do think you could still do the cosplay without the tape trick and I'd prefer it that way.

However in a different context like a person uses this make-up trick for one of those really racist Halloween costumes like below

Costume.thumb.jpg.674494c0dd953492583a83 then yes that is disgusting and gross!

If a person is using this technique to make fun of a race that is really sad. I been bullied as a kid in this way, other kids pulling there eyes slanted saying ching chong or chink and rice picker, twinky, the list goes on and on. 

PLEASE don't use this make-up trick to make fun of anyone!

also if anyone has time read this->https://www.quora.com/Is-it-racist-to-pull-your-eyes-and-say-Im-Chinese Miss Zhang gives you alot to think about in the article.

The subject of Knitemaya's sex:

1.thumb.PNG.8d1743265506f4bb9b0a3e6f60b9

On Knitemaya's facebook page it does state his sex is <Male>  

10959658_428893747262719_853946081012112

I also don't know how Knitemaya would be able to edit out boobs in this photo? Also if he is really a she and is transgender I will respect him and continue to call Knitemaya a male. 

How edited are the his photos?

I don't know and I am to tired to do any research tonight. I would like to note even if he his face is edited I do enjoy his cosplay's, and I love it when men use make-up for cosplay reasons. Heck even if its everyday I like it, If more men start using make-up then that just means prices will go down and we won't have to pay an arm and a leg for lipstick!

Edited by Candont

Posted

I cringe when cosplayers do their makeup and ps to look like what a character looks like in the actual series rather then the 'real life' version... like whyyy?