• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fashion advice/ Fashion selfies

8 posts in this topic

Posted

:alpacacrush:Need advice on an outfit you plan on wearing or just want to show off some of your beautiful outfits? :alpacawink:

Then post to this topic!

b594ec5b8fd4a4ccf002b20458630561.jpg

(After a month, I finally got around to making this topic)

Anyway, I'll go first! So I have this skirt i really want to wear but I have no idea how to wear it... 

Its a super cute light pink skirt with two bows on it. So far, I think it looks pretty good with black tights and mary-jane shoes. However, I don't know about the top... My mom says that I need a tight T-shirt and that sweaters would not look good with the skirt... Does anyone have any advice or what kind of shirt i should wear this with? I really want to where it soon but I'm stuck!:lamasad: 

picturesend2.png

picturesend1.png

picturesend3.jpeg

Posted

Do you have any blouses? I don't have the BEST fashion sense, but I think it might look good with a short sleeved frilly blouse, and if it's cold, some type of cardigan over it? Or a long sleeve frilly blouse with a ribbon at the neck (you know what I mean?)! If you don't have that, I bet you could make a t-shirt work, as long as it's not baggy or got a bunch of logos and stuff on it. Since the skirt is really frilly and seems to be the main point of the outfit, try for a more plainly designed t-shirt, if not just a solid colored one.  That's pretty adorable btw! :alpacalove:

Posted

Do you have any blouses? I don't have the BEST fashion sense, but I think it might look good with a short sleeved frilly blouse, and if it's cold, some type of cardigan over it? Or a long sleeve frilly blouse with a ribbon at the neck (you know what I mean?)! If you don't have that, I bet you could make a t-shirt work, as long as it's not baggy or got a bunch of logos and stuff on it. Since the skirt is really frilly and seems to be the main point of the outfit, try for a more plainly designed t-shirt, if not just a solid colored one.  That's pretty adorable btw! :alpacalove:

Thanks!

I nearly wore it today but I decided not too because I'm still trying to figure out how to coordinate everything >_<

How about this white sweater? It has bows on it and i thought it would go pretty well (i guess it still does) but the bows on the sweater are a bit too distracting from the bows on the skirt I think...

I also have these two shirts at home I wanna try out...(I'm at a dorm so maybe over the weekend I'll come home and give it a go) I don't how how well these will go either because they are a different kind of pink than the skirt. Do you have any suggestions for what color top i should wear?

bowpic1.png

DSC_2885.jpg

DSC_2887.jpg

Posted

I think if you got a long sleeved shirt and tucked it into the skirt(and maybe made it poof out a little bit?) it would look super cute!

Also grey or paler coloured tights would also look great with the skirt!! 

Posted

Thanks!

I nearly wore it today but I decided not too because I'm still trying to figure out how to coordinate everything >_<

How about this white sweater? It has bows on it and i thought it would go pretty well (i guess it still does) but the bows on the sweater are a bit too distracting from the bows on the skirt I think...

I also have these two shirts at home I wanna try out...(I'm at a dorm so maybe over the weekend I'll come home and give it a go) I don't how how well these will go either because they are a different kind of pink than the skirt. Do you have any suggestions for what color top i should wear?

bowpic1.png

DSC_2885.jpg

DSC_2887.jpg

Hmm, I would try out those shirts because they seem like they would look cute with that skirt! They both look a pretty similar pink color so it might be fine! If they don't work out, I'd go with simple pastel-y colors like white or pink. As long as the color matches with the pink of the skirt it should be fine! Also, I think the sweater looks super cute, but the bows do distract from the skirt a bit...I think a sweater like that would look great with that skirt, without the bows. Also, I didn't even think of it, but like polybrow said, paler tights might match better and soften the look of the outfit! :alpacawink:

Posted

Hmm, I would try out those shirts because they seem like they would look cute with that skirt! They both look a pretty similar pink color so it might be fine! If they don't work out, I'd go with simple pastel-y colors like white or pink. As long as the color matches with the pink of the skirt it should be fine! Also, I think the sweater looks super cute, but the bows do distract from the skirt a bit...I think a sweater like that would look great with that skirt, without the bows. Also, I didn't even think of it, but like polybrow said, paler tights might match better and soften the look of the outfit! :alpacawink:

Awesome, thanks for the advice guys! I'm gonna try that out.

I actually have an extremely similar white sweater (but it doesn't have bows) so I can try that! I don't have many tights so i might even go without them. When I go home and try everything out, I'll see what results I get and will post back. :alpacawink:

Posted

I know this is a month late, but hey, OP gotta deliver.:happee:

I decided to go with a white blouse (pic too low in quality to see its black polkadots) and a pink ribbon tied around my neck for a school-girl like outfit! I Also wore red lipstick to match my red shoes. I'm really happy with the look and I got a lot of smiles from strangers!

Thanks everyone

outfiit.png

Posted

I know this is a month late, but hey, OP gotta deliver.:happee:

I decided to go with a white blouse (pic too low in quality to see its black polkadots) and a pink ribbon tied around my neck for a school-girl like outfit! I Also wore red lipstick to match my red shoes. I'm really happy with the look and I got a lot of smiles from strangers!

Thanks everyone

outfiit.png

It was a great choice! It looks lovely :D