beauty Beauty trends you love

129 posts in this topic

Posted

I like the natural glowy skin look (or wet/dewy skin look, it should be soft though, not overdone). No foundations powder etc. unless the skin has bad breakouts/dark spots.

I am more a fan of keeping the face itself very natural, the eyes soft and girly looking (with warmer brown colors and eyepencils instead of black ones) and soft colored lips in orange tones. I don't like pinkish tones since they don't match my ivory/yellowish skin tone, it looks beautiful on pale pinkish skin tones though! Sometimes a bit blush on the cheeks (more the center, I see no reason for highlighting cheek bones).

I like circle lenses but not too weird ones, more those in a natural hazel color without a thick limbal ring. About the thicker/broader eyebrows and eye bags, I have those naturally so I don't highlight my eyebags but don't hide them either, just like to fill my eyebrows in with a lighter color so they look softer and less blotchy.

For hair trends I like brown tones, either warm or cool toned or natural undyed hair since it's healthy with a beautiful glow.

Sorry for writing that much, as you see I am more the simple/natural person. Where I am from this is preferred, either really soft make up or no make up make up^^

However, I enjoy every styles on other people and how they're able to express themselves with make up/fashion etc., even totally freakish ones. I just don't like it for myself :P

Posted

I love the blush just under the eyes (on the side, near the cheeks ..I don't know how to say that) rather than on the cheeks themselves 

Posted

I love the blush just under the eyes (on the side, near the cheeks ..I don't know how to say that) rather than on the cheeks themselves 

Ah, you mean the ''hangover style''? I think it can look really cute, depending on the person :) 

Posted

Ah, you mean the ''hangover style''? I think it can look really cute, depending on the person :) 

Yes ! 

I never saw someone who didn't look good with it (but I only saw models wearing it and.. me ? xD And I'm not objective about my face so... haha )

Posted

^Well,.. ther are people like LovelyLor thought.. ^^;

Posted (edited)

Edited by fiend

Posted (edited)

I love those 90's/00's aesthetics ..wether it be makeup(because it always is simple and natural yet has something special like glitter) or clothes (I loooove chokers.). I also love the freakish touch it has.

I also adore grunge/alternative style.. it's uuugh.. nice.. can't describe it :alpacacrush: 

Pastel hair is something I looooove as well. (Just dyed my own hair pastel pink and I adore it.) But also colorful hair in general. I remember a few years back when you had colorful hair everyone thought you're a weird emo. And now it's kinda accepted? I love that.

I also loooove piercings and tatts. I think they look pretty hot on people (ofc there are always exceptions lol).

And.. pink(or cute) and perv aesthetics  (?) Lmao is that even how you call it. I'll try to find some pics to describe it.

Uhm.. yeah that's it :alpacacrush:

Edit: some pics for examples (can't put it under spoiler on my phone :alpacafedup:)

screenshot2016w1hzxp32g7.png

screenshot2016kipvdxc7j0.png

screenshot2016i60afq5bvm.png

screenshot2016e750os4nrf.png

screenshot2016o0temkrxqh.png

screenshot2016kisvge7mhy.png

screenshot2016ytmdx0ge6l.png

screenshot2016m5g41jfsh2.png

screenshot2016f7u63wmjyh.png

screenshot201621ztc3par5.png

Edited by platypus
put the pics under spoiler because they're huge lol

Posted

I love those 90's/00's aesthetics ..wether it be makeup(because it always is simple and natural yet has something special like glitter) or clothes (I loooove chokers.). I also love the freakish touch it has.

Wow, I don't know if you grew up in the 90s but this reflects the reality of that time's make up:

http://www.themakeover.me/your-makeover/makeup/7-makeup-trends-from-the-90s/

Seriously, that's what we wore. Nothing natural about pearly (most popular light blue)  eye shadow or brown lipliner mismatching the frosty lipstick. The glitter you're referring to was slammed all over the body in form of lotion or roll on glue stick(!) on the decolletée.
And last but not least: the brows.
:darth:

You really love this? The go channel your inner spice!

5482b608518e5_-_mcx-90-fashion-spice-gir

As for hair, this was the epitome of perfect:
90s-beauty-trends-alicia-silverstone.jpg

Posted (edited)

Wow, I don't know if you grew up in the 90s but this reflects the reality of that time's make up:

http://www.themakeover.me/your-makeover/makeup/7-makeup-trends-from-the-90s/

Seriously, that's what we wore. Nothing natural about pearly (most popular light blue)  eye shadow or brown lipliner mismatching the frosty lipstick. The glitter you're referring to was slammed all over the body in form of lotion or roll on glue stick(!) on the decolletée.
And last but not least: the brows.
:darth:

You really love this? The go channel your inner spice!

5482b608518e5_-_mcx-90-fashion-spice-gir

As for hair, this was the epitome of perfect:
90s-beauty-trends-alicia-silverstone.jpg

that's why I also said 00's ..and I refered to the aesthetics which are a bit different then that. (As seen a lot on tumblr or instagram) don't get me wrong, I would probably never weat this seriously myself. But some people can pull it off really great and I enjoy looking at those pics :lamaheadshake: 

For example:

screenshot2016j8v7kpz0ng.png

screenshot2016j64ebzrcpw.png

Edited by platypus

Posted (edited)

Better go with the term inspired – even though I can not see the inspiration here. I was a Teen in the 90/00s and that's just not a reflection of that time. This was something (grunge-y) to strive for (already 2002). Frost everything, but rather lipgloss now than lipsticks.

gallery-1433875200-gettyimages-2517446.j

Or Britney (2000). Oh, the memories. Those dark/contrasting streaks were a huge thing in the 00s, but you better not try it a home… :darth:

After that brows slowly recovered… or not. I'm grateful I was too unskilled to pluck or wax(!) my brows. But ever wondered why Kate Moss doesn't have thick eye brows even though they are trending now? They don't grow back after too much time plucking them.

So much for real 90/00s from a witness (or victim?). Over and out. :derp:

Edited by Ms.lrk

Posted

I think @platypus meant this ... 

90.jpg

90 (2).jpg

90 (3).jpg

Posted

I think @platypus meant this ... 

90.jpg

90 (2).jpg

90 (3).jpg

exactly. And I didn't really made the term. I think it was brought up by Tumblr or Instagram. 

A bit Ot: I just recently stole an old jacket from my mum which she bought in '92 or something. It's awesome. I love it. It's black and oversized and lightweight :alpacacrush:

Posted

A bit Ot: I just recently stole an old jacket from my mum which she bought in '92 or something. It's awesome. I love it. It's black and oversized and lightweight :alpacacrush:

Could it be something like this:

bomber-jacket-90s.jpg

:meowplz:

Posted

Could it be something like this:

bomber-jacket-90s.jpg

:meowplz:

yes! looks really similar! :amgplz:

Posted

I also adore grunge/alternative style.. it's uuugh.. nice.. can't describe it :alpacacrush: 

Pastel hair is something I looooove as well. (Just dyed my own hair pastel pink and I adore it.) But also colorful hair in general. I remember a few years back when you had colorful hair everyone thought you're a weird emo. And now it's kinda accepted? I love that.

I also loooove piercings and tatts. I think they look pretty hot on people (ofc there are always exceptions lol).

And.. pink(or cute) and perv aesthetics  (?) Lmao is that even how you call it. I'll try to find some pics to describe it.

Uhm.. yeah that's it :alpacacrush:

Yaaaaas me too, except tattoos. I used to dress all in black and lately I've been obsessed with this kind of fashion ahhh ~~ Especially the way anime characters dressed in the 90s and 00s + everything holographic/glittery :alpacalove: I recently dyed my hair back to my own colour after 7 years of dyeing it all kinds of pastel and flashy colours and I miss it already, guh I'm probably gonna get into wigs.