• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Neko Atsume

20 posts in this topic

Posted

I know there might not be the most to say about this game, but who here has Neko Atsume and who are some of your favorite cats? 

Posted

I don't think I can fully explain my love for this game.

My favourite is Spooky because they were the first kitty to come to my yard, and she had a plastic bag over her head. I've seen most of them now but I'm yet to catch Peaches. She's damn elusive.

Posted

Two words: Fuck Tubbs. 

Nah, I'm kidding. Sorta. He's simultaneously one of my faves and a piece of shit for eating the food I just put out :beardo: I renamed him "UngratefulFatFuck."

Peaches also pissed me off because I just couldn't catch her in the act, but it was worth the wait because she's so cute 

And I spent the past week or two just farming for silver and gold fish (I had up to 1k gold fish) so that now I'm able to freely splurge on items needed to get the last six rare cats (now I'm down to 1268 silver and 747 gold fish since I've splurged). Three more rare cats (Senor Don Gato, Chairman Meow, and Saint Purrtrick) came to me recently since I did that but I haven't caught them yet. The final  three I would need after catching them are Frosty, Ramses the Great, and Conductor Whiskers. Then my final mission will be getting their mementos

The real question is, what do you do when you accomplish all of this

Posted

My favourite is Spooky because they were the first kitty to come to my yard, and she had a plastic bag over her head. I've seen most of them now but I'm yet to catch Peaches. She's damn elusive.

Yeah peaches is a complete pain :darth:

I actually got mementos from almost all the cats, but she's one of the few who rarely comes and so no memento for awhile. But I can agree with the love for this game, it's simple but it's relaxing and fun for me (:

Posted

Spooky was my first cat too! :meowplz:

My favorite cats though are Fred (because he looks like my irl fur baby) and Billy the Kitten because hats. I love them all though!

Posted

I'm so addicted to this game! *~* I already caught all the regular cats and try to catch the rare ones now real hard. But I kinda fail. :/
Anyways, I don't really have a fav cat because I can't decide, they're all cute!

Posted

I'm addicted as well! I collected all the cats maybe half a month ago?? I still have to get the mementos! For now I check in maybe every two hours to refill the food bowls. I love Guy Furry (bc c'mon... it's a take on Guy Fieri !), Sassy Fran and Snowball because she always visits me! 

Posted

I like the game but I'm kinda stuck since Tubbs visits way too much. It's just a big pain in the ass caus he takes forever to leave and sometimes I just forget to recheck.  Even with the goodies that bring the most fish I hardly make any income even though I place the expensive food inside and use frisky bits. I don't have all the momentos yet but I'm kinda afraid to change goodies to make some cats appear more often since I'm already pretty short on fish and there's no telling when I will actually receive the momentos. 

Posted

My favorites are Smokey and Pumpkin (mainly because my boyfriend and I named each other after them;;) but im like... stuck I havent gotten any gold fish after the yard expansion..its just sad amounts of like 1 grey fish or something and I hate it so much ;    ;  aND TUBBS ALWAYS COMES AND WRECKS EVERYTHING LIKE I LITERALLY SET OUT SASHIMI AND HE GOES AND EATS ALL OF IT WH Y 

Posted

My favorites are Smokey and Pumpkin (mainly because my boyfriend and I named each other after them;;) but im like... stuck I havent gotten any gold fish after the yard expansion..its just sad amounts of like 1 grey fish or something and I hate it so much ;    ;  aND TUBBS ALWAYS COMES AND WRECKS EVERYTHING LIKE I LITERALLY SET OUT SASHIMI AND HE GOES AND EATS ALL OF IT WH Y 

Tubbs is a piece of shit but I love him still. What items do you have out? I would get sooo much fish from having the Zanzibar cushion out. 

I highly suggest farming for a week or two for silver and gold fish before buying anything expensive in an attempt to get rare cats. I kinda did this method at random and I got so much gold and silver fish and many rare cats at once that I now only need two more cats and a few more rare cats' mementos

I'm sure everybody's seen this info or looked for it themselves, but here's the most simplified version of a silver and gold fish guide I've found: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-best-way-to-get-gold-fish-in-Neko-Atsume it also has a few key tips at the bottom

and here's the most elaborate spreadsheet on Neko Atsume I've found https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WumnRdzVXxuMbnE-VhcafZQ6zJ_2fWtMrvGOTpESa9g/edit#gid=1445311195

Posted

Tubbs is best cat.

Posted

I love it, my mum loves it, my brother loves it, I come from a family of cat people. We all love neko atsume.

Posted

Have any of yall been playing the updated version? I got the new skin and some of the new items and far all four of the new cats (Apricot, Ganache, Sapphire and Jeeves) have visited me but I only caught on to Ganache. 

Posted

When did the English version of the app come out anyways? It was fairly recently, right? I'm was pretty surprised when the game was translated outside of Japanese, but this also means that i have no idea of the cats' English names lol. If I download the English version though would that get rid of my progress?

Posted

Have any of yall been playing the updated version? I got the new skin and some of the new items and far all four of the new cats (Apricot, Ganache, Sapphire and Jeeves) have visited me but I only caught on to Ganache. 

I finally got Sapphire and Jeeves to visit me recently! A tip on getting them, have either bonito bitz, ritzy bitz and/or deluxe tuna bitz. Sashimi won't work. But also have either the fairy tale parasol or tower of treats out in your yard. (Just in case anyone isn't sure :alpacacrush: )