• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

kanadajin3 General Kanadajin3 thread

9183 posts in this topic

Posted

Novels are good :D

It's so interesting that she says she's going apply for citizenship in like two years then.  I can't tell if she's just ignorant to the policies or trying to make it seem like things are better for than they actually are.

She claims to currently have perm residency though.. which someone (it may have even been you.. sorry :Alpacaconfused:) that said it's technically possible that she does have it, but then if the only visa she's had (according to her, she could be *ahem* lying about everything) that would count towards perm residency is her spousal visa, which she had at most for a couple of months.

I think it's possible she's taking advantage of the tourist visa, but who knows.

I can say with confidence that she absolutely does NOT have permanent residency. It's simply not possible seeing as she's only been here 3 years. The minimum requirement is stay 5 year UNINTERRUPTED on a visa OTHER THAN student or working holiday, although most won't even be considered for less than 10 years.

If she had a valid marriage visa throughout the process, that would cut the process down by MAYBE a year or two. I know MANY people living here unmarried for 10 years or more, and are still denied PR everytime. To get citizenship, it's a PR status plus proving you can read and write (at least at the level of a 7th or 8th grade Japanese student), and have been a positive contributor to Japanese society.

You can't get citizenship without first getting PR, and you can't get PR without staying at least 5 years (work visa, single) or 3 ish years (with spousal visa). PERIOD.

Posted

I can say with confidence that she absolutely does NOT have permanent residency. It's simply not possible seeing as she's only been here 3 years. The minimum requirement is stay 5 year UNINTERRUPTED on a visa OTHER THAN student or working holiday, although most won't even be considered for less than 10 years.

If she had a valid marriage visa throughout the process, that would cut the process down by MAYBE a year or two. I know MANY people living here unmarried for 10 years or more, and are still denied PR everytime. To get citizenship, it's a PR status plus proving you can read and write (at least at the level of a 7th or 8th grade Japanese student), and have been a positive contributor to Japanese society.

You can't get citizenship without first getting PR, and you can't get PR without staying at least 5 years (work visa, single) or 3 ish years (with spousal visa). PERIOD.

Things like this make me believe she's either remarried, or abusing the process.

Posted

Yeah, I've been through the process of spousal visa and gaining permanent residence here in Japan. :)My husband and I were already married two years while in the U.S., before applying for my visa and moving to Japan. What made our acceptance/process quite swift was the time already married, long documented relationship, had a child and my in-laws had considerable income. However, there is a lot of paperwork involved and going through that just to end up with a 2 month total marriage is suspicious . I know stories of other legitimate married couples having great difficulties and having to wait months, even years for various reasons like being childless, low income, long separation due to work, etc. 

:Alpacashocked:But! I found a big piece of the Mira immigration puzzle, but don't want to post it here yet. Administrator or member who is great at documenting evidence/taking screenshots: who can I PM my findings? 

I REALLY would like to hear what nugget of info you found. Please post as soon as you can!

Yeah, I'm guessing work visa (certainly stable, but not as glitzy as spousal visa) or something shady.

Posted

I'd like to know what work visa Mira holds, because she doesn't have a degree in anything, which is a requirement (or 10+ years of work experience) for a work visa. They don't give work visas for waitresses or convenience store clerks, either. :Alpacaconfused:

Posted

I'd like to know what work visa Mira holds, because she doesn't have a degree in anything, which is a requirement (or 10+ years of work experience) for a work visa. They don't give work visas for waitresses or convenience store clerks, either. :Alpacaconfused:

How long was she in Canada the last time? Is it possible she applied for and got a working holiday visa while there? 

Posted (edited)

How long was she in Canada the last time? Is it possible she applied for and got a working holiday visa while there? 

Oh yeah, I didn't take working holiday visa into consideration... Sorry about that. Idk how long she was in Canada and I also don't know how long it takes to get a working holiday visa, but I do know that a Canadian person can be granted a 6-month long working holiday visa which can be extended once. I don't think you can get a working holiday visa more than once or twice, but I'm not sure about that. Can someone else confirm?

Edited by QueenB

Posted

Oh yeah, I didn't take working holiday visa into consideration... Sorry about that. Idk how long she was in Canada and I also don't know how long it takes to get a working holiday visa, but I do know that a Canadian person can be granted a 6-month long working holiday visa which can be extended once. I don't think you can get a working holiday visa more than once or twice, but I'm not sure about that. Can someone else confirm?

Yep, you get an initial 6 months which can be renewed for another 6 months, and MAYBE another 3 to 6 after that. But that's TOPS. 

The catch is that one MUST be in their home country to apply for the initial visa. Thus not being able to switch to it after their divorce 2 months into the marriage while in Japan. At that point she scrambled to get a student visa.

So I wondered if one of the reasons she went home to Canada was to switch to WH after her student visa ran out.

Posted

So I wondered if one of the reasons she went home to Canada was to switch to WH after her student visa ran out.

I always thought she already had a WH visa before she got married. The new findings in the summary thread seem to prove it, too. There she clearly states she had a WH first and then switched over to a spousal visa... And since you can only receive a WH for Japan once in a lifetime, there is no way she´s there on a WH right now. That is, IF her story about having been there on a WH in the first place is accurate. :Alpacaconfused:

Posted (edited)

I'm honestly shocked she hasn't been busted and deported from all the lies she's telling about her immigration.

gWK69Dl.thumb.png.f40337d832373029767f37

But then..

kndjnmrrg.thumb.png.5b69c3b010fd539b5984

Edited by jessyrawr

Posted

so pretty much mira wanted to stay in japan..wow,

Posted

I'm still trying to make sense of the order and duration of each visa status.  Came on a working holiday visa(minimum 6 months, can extend to a possible 12 month total), got spouse visa(must be married 1 year before renewing to the typical 3-5 year), changed to student visa(usually valid a year), at one  point claimed to  have a "special visa"(Is she talking about the Special Permission for Residence visa for deportees?) then currently claiming to have permanent residence despite meeting none of the qualifications. According to the GaijinPot posts, she said she got the spouse visa after her working holiday visa(6-12 months) expired.

Now she's trying to claim eligibility for citizenship when Working holiday and student visas do not count towards the 5 year requirement. 

Posted (edited)

I'm still trying to make sense of the order and duration of each visa status.  Came on a working holiday visa(minimum 6 months, can extend to a possible 12 month total), got spouse visa(must be married 1 year before renewing to the typical 3-5 year), changed to student visa(usually valid a year), at one  point claimed to  have a "special visa"(Is she talking about the Special Permission for Residence visa for deportees?) then currently claiming to have permanent residence despite meeting none of the qualifications. According to the GaijinPot posts, she said she got the spouse visa after her working holiday visa(6-12 months) expired.

Now she's trying to claim eligibility for citizenship when Working holiday and student visas do not count towards the 5 year requirement. 

I think what she wants us to believe is that when her and her boyfriend/husband decided they were moving to Japan, she applied for a working holiday visa, then when they got married, she applied for a spousal visa (which according to what I'm reading from the things she's said, she apparently got in 2 months).  She probably assumed the marriage would last longer than 2 months, but when it didn't she needed a way to stay in Japan, and got a student visa for a language school.

IF that's all true (and that's a big if).  That would put her stay in Japan at a max of 2 1/2 years in Japan (which I guess makes sense, and this is only if she used the full 12 months of her working holiday visa).

I still think she's lying somewhere about something, because how is she staying in Japan now?  If she's not meeting the requirements for perm residency, she's either remarried, or she's abusing the system by leaving Japan every 90 days and renewing her tourist visa.

Edited by jessyrawr
spelling

Posted

I heard that the japanese immigration in the airport can deny the entry of someone who abviously abuse the system. One of my friend got denied because he went in Japan already 3 times in the year and when he went the 4th time they denied his entry.

For the working holiday visa you have to prove that you have enough money to live 6months in japan and to buy your flightback ticket (or have already bought it)

I also think she got a wh visa then a spouse visa, a student visa (someone might have helped her with the money) and finally she got maried again. I can't see any other explication! Like some said before student visa and wh visa can't get you a perment residency statut.

(sorry for the spelling mistakes!)

Posted

Like I said before on another topic.

You can stay in Japan 180day/year total (tourist visa) 

It always starts from the first time you came to Japan for example if you came first time in May then it will reset again next year May.

There are also few other options, for example:

- Having more than one passport (it is illegal of course)

- If someone invates you to Japan and write a letter for the immigration worker with the reason why you coming to Japan then they will let you enter the country too.

- exchanging one year you will get student visa and the other year stay with tourist visa 

Posted

Mira,

Your looking a little plump in the last few videos.  Lay off the Mochi and karage.

Love,

KJ3-GANAI