• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord!   12/08/18

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL Thank you for your continued love and support!

kanadajin3 General Kanadajin3 thread

6695 posts in this topic

Posted

I was going to ask how long is it going to take before she claimed she's hacked but she apparently already claimed it lmaaao

Yep.. I was here to post this.  She's nothing if not predictable.

twitter.png

Posted

Yep.. I was here to post this.  She's nothing if not predictable.

twitter.png

Haha, god she’s such a troll

Posted

I read it as meer-uh because that's how it would be rread in the US if it was used as a name

I disagree. I'm in the U.S. and I knew a girl named 'Mira' who pronounced it 'my-rah'. I can't read it any other way. 'Miranda' on the other hand would be mih-ran-da (or meer-an-da to use your convention). Why? Not sure. Sadly there is often a disconnect between the way things are pronounced and how they are spelled. Don't get me started on how 'war' apparently doesn't quite rhyme with 'bar', or how 'boot' and 'foot' do not rhyme.

When it comes to names people choose how they want them to be pronounced and everyone just has to deal with it. I knew a girl named 'Celine' who demanded to be called 'sel-inn' as opposed to 'sel-een' as it is normally pronounced. There will probably be an SJW movement for name pronunciations at some point ('don't call me 'Day-ve' if my name is spelled Dave, I want to be 'dovvy!').

Posted

I disagree. I'm in the U.S. and I knew a girl named 'Mira' who pronounced it 'my-rah'. I can't read it any other way. 'Miranda' on the other hand would be mih-ran-da (or meer-an-da to use your convention). Why? Not sure. Sadly there is often a disconnect between the way things are pronounced and how they are spelled. Don't get me started on how 'war' apparently doesn't quite rhyme with 'bar', or how 'boot' and 'foot' do not rhyme.

When it comes to names people choose how they want them to be pronounced and everyone just has to deal with it. I knew a girl named 'Celine' who demanded to be called 'sel-inn' as opposed to 'sel-een' as it is normally pronounced. There will probably be an SJW movement for name pronunciations at some point ('don't call me 'Day-ve' if my name is spelled Dave, I want to be 'dovvy!').

Regarding common names with weird pronunciations, itake that as parents/kids that don't want to admit they're basic AF.

I say Meer-uh, you say my-rah, nobody says me-rah because she ain't Japanese. 

Posted

I used to watch Miranda's videos couple years ago, and even then I watched them mostly because I was shocked at how somebody so manipulative and clearly out of it could have such a relatively large following. I used to message her pretending to be a huge fan of hers on twitter, and she was quite nice there. I just thought that the lying was an act she put on for views, and that she was somewhat a normal person behind the facade.

I hadn't checked up on her videos until very recently. I am beyond shocked, I don't even have words. Even back then it was obvious she was just one huge liar making up stuff as she goes through life, but where she is at now is just beyond me. She seriously needs help, like others have suggested. This is not even funny anymore. Somebody needs to put her back into reality (though I'm not sure she's been there since she left Canada and started her channel). Now it just appears like she is trying to take advantage of everybody, yet mostly it's others taking advantage of her being mentally unstable.