• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

kanadajin3 General Kanadajin3 thread

9150 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, some of her points about the bad side of holding the Olympics are true but... I just can't take her seriously. I feel like she just wants to hop in the hate wagon to be noticed.

It's really hard to take anybody seriously when less than a minute in to the video she's already referred to a swastika as "the Nazi symbol". Or the fact that she's an idiot.

Posted

It's really hard to take anybody seriously when less than a minute in to the video she's already referred to a swastika as "the Nazi symbol". Or the fact that she's an idiot.

I agree 100%. If she really wanted to get attention as to why she is so anti-Olympics in Japan, surely she could have spoken of the origin of the supposed "Nazi symbol" and how it was stolen by the Nazi Party and is now seen as that in many Western countries, but not so much in the countries it originated from. I feel like..she had a chance to be somewhat informative and give actual reasons as to why she doesn't think it is a good idea with supporting ideas. But..this is Mira..and like stated before, it's pretty much because she wants to be the only white Japanese ever and she is the smartest and best of all of the foreigners in Japan.

Posted

I have always thought (as a dork who would get curious and look this stuff up) why they don't teach that sort of stuff in schools, and I kinda agree that they could make a flyer explaining the symbols and stuff instead of spending the money changing their signs, but on the other hand isn't the Government the one she should protest and get angry to? She seems to be blaming the wrong people. Japan put out the "Do you understand this sign?/ how can we make our country easier for you?" instead of "Here's our country/ Did you know?"  Like, no one's forcing this on Japan. Japan decided it. 

All the Jvloggers seem to do this IMO. Even Rachel seemed like "How dare people not ever being told this force poor Japan to change?" Instead of "Japan offered to change and I disagree with it - here's how protests work in Japan." 

IDK, it might just be me, but if my country was changing stuff I didn't like, I wouldn't just shove information at people telling them they're wrong, I'd shove information at my Government telling them they're wrong. And film it.

Not to change the topic but.. I just saw Miranda's new video... and I think her bangs look odd because she's finally growing them out. She's also not wearing fake eyelashes that I can tell. 

Is it PULL? Is she taking the fashion advice to heart?

(Also if she's so passionate about the homeless situation, I hope she decides to make a video promoting the Nozomi project like Texan in Tokyo or something similar.)

Posted

I agree 100%. If she really wanted to get attention as to why she is so anti-Olympics in Japan, surely she could have spoken of the origin of the supposed "Nazi symbol" and how it was stolen by the Nazi Party and is now seen as that in many Western countries, but not so much in the countries it originated from. I feel like..she had a chance to be somewhat informative and give actual reasons as to why she doesn't think it is a good idea with supporting ideas. But..this is Mira..and like stated before, it's pretty much because she wants to be the only white Japanese ever and she is the smartest and best of all of the foreigners in Japan.

you're smart enough to see through her stupidity and bullshit, and smart enough to make an informative video of your own! Mira is never going to explain anything, or give background, because she's just jumping on a bandwagon and repeating the same things she hears other people saying. it's not an original idea at all.

Posted

you're smart enough to see through her stupidity and bullshit, and smart enough to make an informative video of your own! Mira is never going to explain anything, or give background, because she's just jumping on a bandwagon and repeating the same things she hears other people saying. it's not an original idea at all.

Sadly, it is true that she just jumps on the bandwagon and plays like a broken record. It has not even been seen just with this video, but others of hers as well where she just so happens to make a video of the same topic as another JVlogger a week after they have posted it. Unfortunately, I don't think I would ever make a video of my own. It wouldn't really be seen, as well as I don't feel I have the ability to really create an informative video on the subject, as I only know a little about the topic. 

I think this is the most sad thing about her; she has the ability to spread knowledge about a foreign country. She has the ability to do research, to show from experience(maybe?), and show the environment that she is in, and things that may be problems in Japan, and opinions on it. I feel like if she didn't speak so condescendingly to her viewers as if she has all the real true facts of Japan and anybody else who says otherwise is wrong, and worked on the quality and content of her videos, she could be informative. Maybe not entirely entertaining, because that is sometimes difficult for people to do. But if she was spreading knowledge about such topics that maybe people wouldn't know about unless it was brought to light, I think she could do pretty well for herself, and maybe make some friends. But until such things happen..it won't improve. And I don't see her changing anytime soon either, unfortunately.  

Posted (edited)

I know this seems pretty irrelevant now that you guys are focused on the olympics, but I just want to make this point since it's bothering me.

Mira isn't completely crazy in her idea of ethnicity, because ethnicity has nothing to do with race. Ethnicity involves culture, language, and beliefs. However, Mira is wrong in the sense that she can "ethnically become Japanese." Ehh no. She can assimilate, but it won't be her ethnicity. 

Here's where she isn't crazy: if she has children in Japan, they will ethnically be Japanese. Why? Well, that will be their culture. Of course Japanese people won't see it that way, but it is what it is. Japanese will be their first (and by the looks of it, only) language and they will grow up with the common beliefs the Japanese do. They won't racially be fully Japanese (of course they'll either be mixed or white), but yes they will ethnically be Japanese.

But sorry, Mira. You won't ever be Japanese in any way B|

Edited by AliOrSomething

Posted

So... I still don't understand how she can afford all these flashy new things like an LV scarf... She can't possibly be attractive enough to have a "benefactor." Right?!

Posted

So... I still don't understand how she can afford all these flashy new things like an LV scarf... She can't possibly be attractive enough to have a "benefactor." Right?!

Japanese have a very different idea of what's attractive when it comes to foreigners. Or maybe she just really saved money?

Tbh I'm a bit suspicious when it comes to these super ugly LV shoes, as I cannot find them on the LV page. Second hand, maybe? There's so much second hand LV in Japan, and it's only a fraction of the original price. 

Posted

Imagine laying in bed at night and you wake up to see this. :alpacadone:

But like you said, the blush application is very weird. I know Mira isn't that good with makeup, but since she's made a career out of YouTube she should use it as a resource and watch some tutorials.

I've seen people riding around on LV decal scooters... but I have my suspicions it's not real LV. ;) Probably second-hand or even taobao fake.

Posted

I've seen people riding around on LV decal scooters... but I have my suspicions it's not real LV. ;) Probably second-hand or even taobao fake.

Taobao isn't that bad! But yeah, you can definitely find some cheap knock off stuff though. 

Posted

I think people who learn Japanese do have a bad reputation in many countries, because to most people it's not a "useful language" and "Japanese people are weird".

Unfortunately I have to agree with her when she says that people say bad things about Japanese men, I've had a "friend" talk about "small Japanese dick" and "Japanese men don't shave down there, ewwwww" when she knows fully well that my husband is Japanese... It's like whenever you date outside your own race as a woman, people are disappointed that "your own wasn't good enough for you" ("But I'm totally not racist!!! Also I'm a super feminist!!!")...

I feel like the discrimination of people learning japanese comes more from Japan-o-philes/weaboos rather then it not being a very useful language or japan being 'weird'. Unfortunately there is a large group of non japanese people from countried like america & canada who wish to learn japanese so they can "become japanese & be kawaii otaku". Their behavior is often very obnoxious & embarrassing as they believe it is socially acceptable to try & act like anime characters. These people will very often butcher the japanese language & act completely disrespectful in regards to japanese culture which they take very little time to actually educate themselves, which unfortunately is what gives japan such a bad name. If Mira had a brain, rather then complain about "discrimination", she'd complain about how these types of people create bad stigmas for japan because honestly thats the real issue here/ Oh, but that would require her to admit that she is a part of the problem & that she is apart of the cause for said discrimination. 

Also yes, people very often discriminate against japanese men, unfortunately thats racism for you. 

Posted

She said it in one of her videos she buys second hand stuff. 

https://youtu.be/m-AHZH9dFUQ?t=366

Posted

I feel like the discrimination of people learning japanese comes more from Japan-o-philes/weaboos rather then it not being a very useful language or japan being 'weird'. Unfortunately there is a large group of non japanese people from countried like america & canada who wish to learn japanese so they can "become japanese & be kawaii otaku". Their behavior is often very obnoxious & embarrassing as they believe it is socially acceptable to try & act like anime characters. These people will very often butcher the japanese language & act completely disrespectful in regards to japanese culture which they take very little time to actually educate themselves, which unfortunately is what gives japan such a bad name. If Mira had a brain, rather then complain about "discrimination", she'd complain about how these types of people create bad stigmas for japan because honestly thats the real issue here/ Oh, but that would require her to admit that she is a part of the problem & that she is apart of the cause for said discrimination. 

Also yes, people very often discriminate against japanese men, unfortunately thats racism for you. 

It is this, which I believe Mira might have been that obnoxious and embarrassing, if she got bullied so much for it that she now wants nothing to do with Canada 

I studied Japanese on my own from grade 7, saved up through high school and went on an exchange there, and though I wasn't popular/was kind of the weird kid... learning Japanese was never something that was brought up. (Though cosplay was a bit, in school anyways.) Actually, in high school people thought it was pretty cool, wished me luck & came to my fundraisers. 

...And I lived in a small town in Manitoba, so that's saying a lot... lol

I had a few of those kawaii otaku desu people in my high school though, claiming fluency in Japanese(though not being able to hold a hey how are you conversation) and where Japan is the holy land, some wore cosplay to school every day..

So yeah, those people got made fun of.

Posted

Also, a scarf is one of the cheapest things you can buy from a luxury brand. Anyone with a normal salary who saves up a bit can afford one.

Posted (edited)

I wasn't sure exactly where to post this but.. Mira should watch this video. xD

Edited by nyan
Failed to link video properly at first lol