• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

56 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

"The Gabbie Show" is a "show" on Youtube, by a Youtuber named Gabrielle Hanna.

She is known for comedy videos (not stand up) targeted to a young adult and teen audience with over 1 million subscribers.

Recently, Gabbie has been called out for being unoriginal, as she steals other people's material, claiming it as her own, and makes money off of it. Doc Reviews, a fellow Youtuber (on the spectrum of measurement, let's just say that he is not an extremely popular Youtuber, yet if I made a Youtube, his compared to mine would be popular), made a video review exposing a few instances showing examples of Gabbie stealing other people's, including famous comedian's, ideas or jokes and the original jokes themselves.

This video was posted on Reddit, and the Reddit community agrees with Doc Reviews. It was even brought up by a user CLAIMING to be a Youtube lawyer, that she could get into a lot of trouble for stealing copyrighted material and points out that what Gabbie does on her channel is actually plagiarism. (I don't want to post a screenshot of that because he claims to be a lawyer, and there is no proof for that claim.)

-Doc Reviews video on Youtube:

Gabbie refuses to admit that she stole the jokes, claiming to "have the same thoughts" with a "nonchalant" attitude. She also states that she has never considered herself a comedian, yet her whole channel is based on comedy.

-This is her reply to the reaction video,which I found on Reddit. (I am under the impression that she later deleted it because I have yet to find an original screenshot of the comment.

gabbiecomment_edited.jpg

If you guys are interested on the where this information was rooted, this is the link: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/3xzdke/the_gabbie_show_youtube_comedian_caught_stealing/

Some good arguments that I have seen include her not only copying the material, but also the delivery. 

Wanted to share this with you guys to see your thoughts. What do you guys think?

Her links:

Youtube Instagram Twitter Vine Facebook YouNow 
Snapchat: TheGabbieShow
Edited by fantasticmrmonica
Typos

Posted

I think her reply to the video made sense. It's kind of cringey seeing people do what looks like blatant copying but, like she said, she's just trying to be relatable and all of the stuff she seems to have copied has been exactly that. If she started making really unique jokes that ended up being copied, that's completely different. I think she's naturally easy to talk to and pretty funny so I feel neutral about her for now. Don't think she should be as hated as she has been recently (especially since she is expected to make people laugh all the time)

Posted

I haaaate Gabi! I find her so annoying (applies to her videos and vines) 

Posted

Personally, I don't find her funny, and I do believe that she occasionally samples from other people's material. I feel like she over-does it and is more goofy/annoying than anything. I don't want to put her or her fans down, because I don't know her as a person; she just isn't my cup of tea. 

Also, I don't know why she commented or deleted her comment. Initially, if this guy, who isn't a known Youtuber, reviewed her, then why care? No big deal, right? But then it got out of hand, so she felt she needed to defend herself? That's what I think. Okay, so she defended herself. But, then she deleted her comment. I don't see her comment as anything offensive. She should have left it. But then, she clearly considers herself a comedian-that's what her whole Youtube is about- and then said she wasn't... eh, sketchy. 

And lastly, I don't like that she accepts money from her fans. I feel like that is crossing a moral boundary. 

Posted

I've only seen her vines and not her videos, but like the others said as well, I do not find her funny....

She does seem to try too hard. >~<

Posted

Thoughts on her song?

Posted

Honestly relatable humor is that - relatable. I don't think she's blatantly copying, a lot of jokes don't stand out or really do much. I enjoy her videos from time to time and she seems like a sweet girl. I do enjoy her vlogs as well, mostly because all her mishaps are so relatable. The song's okay, the video she posted on the songwriting process was really nice :) I don't enjoy the extensions but I think the song is fine - just semi relatable pop music. It did really well (I saw it peak around #3 on itunes usa) and she has a book coming out. Glad to see her expanding her brand.

Posted

I used to find her entertaining but now I just see her as a cringey high-schooler even though she's like 27, which makes it all the worse lol.

Posted

I just hate how she like over enunciates her words. I am a singer, and that cringey music video style of "let me just pronounce every consonant and vowel in this word so it looks so defined." She also does this weird lip vibration that I can't deal with. It makes me want to burn myself alive lol. This is also her first music video so I don't really expect her to know what she is doing, and she will work it out in time. At least she wasn't doing that Kpop "I'm singing but hardly moving my mouth" technique lol. 

She has a fairly decent voice, but it's just a typical pop song like every other on the radio. Good on her for doing something she loves.

Posted

She seems like drama. Her stories are either exaggerated or she created the drama herself for a story. If she wants to tell stories fine, but since that is the entire purpose of your channel, perhaps make it less obvious you have to provoke people for them?

Like she said she was in a sorority and had problems with people. Okay so then leave that lifestyle if you don't want drama. Sororities are notorious for bullshit drama because they're full of people who can't get over their cliques from high school and grow up because they need constant attention from random people to validate themselves. Did she join just for the stories? Who knows.

She is average looking, dramatic personality, and not very intelligent, so at least she could offer something more than stories on her channel? There's plenty of people with stories, everyone has stories, but they are also entertaining. 

Posted

I just hate how she like over enunciates her words. I am a singer, and that cringey music video style of "let me just pronounce every consonant and vowel in this word so it looks so defined." She also does this weird lip vibration that I can't deal with. It makes me want to burn myself alive lol. This is also her first music video so I don't really expect her to know what she is doing, and she will work it out in time. At least she wasn't doing that Kpop "I'm singing but hardly moving my mouth" technique lol. 

She has a fairly decent voice, but it's just a typical pop song like every other on the radio. Good on her for doing something she loves.

She mentioned she was going to take vocal lessons because she isn't a trained singer, and how she wants to make more music. hopefully her voice gets better, she posted part of her soundcheck from vidcon australia and it was brutal, lol. kudos to her for being honest and open about it though.

Posted

Lets see, a joke thief, not funny at all, really stupid and suuuper obnoxious. 

Posted

She's getting slaughtered for having yet another clickbait title and thumbnail.

She goes to Guy Tang, tells him to do whatever he wants, then goes on to talk about how her "C-PTSD" gives her anxiety over the fact that she couldn't control it fading into a white blonde versus a regular blonde.... lol I wish I was joking.

Nowhere in the video does she say she hates it. Nowhere in the video does she cry. So the comment section is blasting her for being disrespectful to Guy Tang.

She's so damn annoying. Idek why I try to see what's going on with her lol.

Posted

long time lurker: thoughts on gabbie's "five minute makeup challenge" video? she had about 3-4 minutes of her own music at the end to make it 10 minutes long, and now i feel like she honestly doesn't care about showstopper of the week. it looks like she just screenshots whoever she sees first when she's editing. 

Posted

She did that when she was following Eugeina's make up. I get it that she is promoting her song but it doesn't seem like the best way. Some fans also weren't happy about that.