• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

faq PULL FAQ [ PLEASE READ BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION]

10 posts in this topic

Posted

PULL FAQ

[Click on answers to expand]

What is PULL?

Pretty Ugly Little Liars, or “PULL” for short, is a forum dedicated to providing an open space for people to share their opinions on internet personalities and celebrities with complete anonymity to protect themselves from being crucified for their opinions. 

Our Philosophy:

Everyone gossips. To pretend anyone is above it is fooling oneself. That being said, there is a fine line between what is considered gossip and what is considered bullying/harassment. Not everyone is aware of or even agrees with what that line is, but PULL feels that we have a better understanding of that line than some other gossip sites.

We want this place to be a place where people can express their opinions, expose liars and scammers, without fear of being attacked and bullied like they might be on other sites. It’s okay to be blunt and crass, but we draw the line when bluntness/crassness turns into personal petty attacks.

Remember that it is impossible for every single person to share the same opinion and we must learn to tolerate a difference in opinion. That is how we can truly achieve having a discussion rather than an echo chamber. We never want to police opinions.

We are not a politically correct forum so if you’re here expecting that, you’re in the wrong place. That being said, there is a line and we will not tolerate deliberate racism, bigotry, homophobia, ableism, or anything illegal (i.e. pedophilia) of any kind.

Who are the personalities in the banner?

From left to right: 

Wylona Hayashi, Venus Angelic, Kiki Kannibal, Dakota Rose, Johanna Herrstedt, and Kanadajin3.

What does it mean to be a snowflake?

Per the Urban Dictionary:

A very sensitive person. Someone who is easily hurt or offended by the statements or actions of others.

This has nothing to do with politics. Snowflakes can be liberal or conservative. Whether it is a compliment or an insult is a matter of opinion and depends on the context.

In essence, snowflakes are entitled, easily triggered, and think the world revolves around them.

Snowflakes gasp in horror when they hear an opinion they don't like, and believe they have a right to be protected from anything unpalatable.

The name comes from the phrase "special snowflake", meaning somebody who is self-obsessed and fragile, easily offended, or unable to deal with opposing opinions or any time of criticism, constructive or not.

Snowflakes will have a chronic victim complex, lie, cheat, scam, and photoshop and lie about it as if their life depended on it.

Where can I find the rules for PULL?

You can find the rules in their entirety here.

How do I report someone who I think is violating the rules?

You can find a tutorial for how to use the report feature here.

How long does it take for reports to be processed? Will I get an update?

Reports can take up to 3 business days to be cleared. Due to the amount of reports we receive, we are unable to provide an immediate update. Please see the “Using The Report Feature” tutorial for more information located here.

I’ve been warned. What do I do?

Nothing. You accept your warning and move on with your life.

If you really feel that your warning was unfair, you may contact @Nyx to contest. But please note; very rarely are warnings ever reversed. So, don’t get your hopes up.

How many warnings can I get before I’m banned?

We hope your goal isn’t to rack up warnings, but to answer the question, we have a general “3 strikes and you’re out” rule. 3 warnings and you will be permanently banned. Game over. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200 dollars.

There are occasions where we will ban people immediately on the first go if the offence is trolling, harassment, aggressively attacking users, doxxing, severely white knighting, spamming, or blatant bigotry of any kind.

*Do note: If you receive a “0” point warning, this does not count as an official warning but as more of a verbal warning. Usually to alert you of a rule you may not be aware of or fuzzy territory you’re walking in. It is to help you understand the rules and avoid getting official warnings. TLDR; it’s for your benefit.

How many posts do I have to have approved before I can post freely?

All new users must have 3 posts successfully approved before they can begin to post freely.

How long does it take to have my posts approved?

Please allow up to 3 business days for your post to be approved. If your post has not been approved within 3 business days, please reach out to a moderator or admin. Please note that we are slower on weekends.

I want to make a new thread on someone. How do I do that?

There are several requirements that need to be met in order to create a thread on someone. You can find all of those requirements here.

How can I quickly find a topic on someone I’m interested in?

Utilize the search feature. Simply type in the personality’s name in the search bar found in the mid top right area of the main page.

Do we have to blur usernames in screenshots?

No. If someone makes a public comment on a public account, then it is fair game.

Don’t make public comments if you don’t want the public to see them. Simple as that.

People can blur names if that’s what makes them comfortable, but we do not have any such rule for it.

Why can’t I have a real picture of myself as my profile picture?

This is for your own safety. If you use your real face as your profile picture, you forfeit your anonymity and we can no longer protect you from others finding out who you are in real life and harassing you. Be smart. The internet is forever.

What is “doxxing”?

Per the dictionary, doxxing is defined as:

Search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the Internet, typically with malicious intent.

Per Urban Dictionary:

Doxxing, by way of "name-dropping," is document (doxx) dropping. It's publicly exposing someone's real name or address on the Internet who has taken pains to keep them secret. Also spelled "doxing."

We will allow things that are considered public domain/public information such as legal names, place of employment (if listed publicly on a Facebook or Linkedin), and criminal history, but we draw the line at sensitive personal information such as people’s addresses, phone numbers, and uninvolved parties such as family and friends. 

Refer to the rules for more.

Can I make friends with a snowflake?

We have explicit rules against contacting snowflakes, their friends, coworkers, their families, or places of business as a means to harass them or start drama. 

If, however, you genuinely like the person being discussed, you are still welcome to interact with them if your intentions are to be friendly and kind and not just to get some “tea” out of them or to let them know they’re on PULL.

Will PULL defend me if I get involved in personal drama with a snowflake?

No. We are no one’s personal army. If you try and claim PULL as an ally to fight your battles for you, we will denounce you and you will probably be banned.

Can I have more than 1 account on PULL?

No. As stated in our PULL rules and TOS, you may only have one account. If we find you having multiple accounts, all accounts will be banned. If you forgot your login credentials, please reach out using the “Contact Us” feature at the bottom of the page and we will reset your password for you. Please refrain from creating new accounts.

Are snowflakes and people being discussed here allowed to have accounts?

Yes. We allow people being discussed here to be given the opportunity to come and defend themselves or explain their situation in the event that there is a case of a serious misunderstanding. But they are also expected to follow the same rules we have set for any users of our site. If they break the rules, just like we would with any user, they will be permanently banned.

I am a personality being discussed on PULL. What advice do you have for me?

Stop. Reading. Here. 

Seriously. If you are someone who is being discussed, please understand that our intention here at PULL is not to bully or harass. Being that this is a very large forum, sometimes trolls unfortunately get through but it does not directly reflect the philosophy PULL has. We do our best to keep them at bay.

You are welcome to come defend yourself (please prove to an admin that you are who you say you are) but we ask that you adhere to the same rules we have placed for other users. We do try to make this an equal playing ground.

Ultimately, we advise people being discussed here to simply ignore us. You will never be able to please everyone. It is impossible to make everyone like you. Unless you’re doing something very wrong and you know it (usually the reason why anyone ends up on this site), just live your life. Don’t waste your time reading gossip about yourself. Whether from us or someone else, there will always be gossip. For your own mental health, just avoid it.

If someone is claiming to be from PULL and is harassing you, please note that we do not condone that behavior and we do not claim them. What people choose to do outside of PULL is on them. That being said, if a user claiming to be from PULL is harassing you and you know who it is, please use the "contact us" feature to let us know so that we may promptly remove them. We have never and will never support harassment of anyone being discussed here.

Do I have to hate a personality/snowflake to be on this site?

No. As mentioned previously in this FAQ, we are not a hate site and we do not wish to be an echo chamber. You are more than welcome to like a person being discussed here. We request that everyone be objective, however. Do not blindly follow but neither blindly hate. As long as you are not white knighting, you are welcome to like whoever you want.

What is considered “White Knighting”?

White Knights are people, usually overly obsessed stans, who are unable to think critically and will fight to the verbal death to defend the person they are stanning. 

They will usually write paragraphs upon paragraphs with usually unintelligible English telling anyone who is even remotely critical, valid or not, what terrible people they are and what incredibly amazing humans the people they stan are. 

Please note that there is a difference between someone who is a White Knight and someone who is defending their stance on why they still like a personality in spite of said criticism. 

White Knight example:

“YoU ppl are terrible! U all r probably just sad ugly lonely tRolls wit no lyfe!”.

Innocent person defense:

“I know they’ve done wrong/I see what you’re saying. But I just don’t agree. I still feel like they’re a decent person that just went through a rough patch.”

White Knight’s are unable to communicate their disagreements calmly and cohesively. A non-White Knight is able to remain calm and argue their points civilly.

How do I delete my account?

As of right now, we do not delete accounts. You can message an admin (not a moderator) if you no longer want to be here. We can wipe the personal information we collect such as e-mail addresses and passwords, and ban the account and mark the account as deleted, but we will not completely wipe an account and its post history. This is how we keep the site safe against ban evaders.

If you just want your account “deleted” because you “just can’t keep away” or it’s “bad for me”, that is not our problem. You are a grown person and we expect you to exercise self-control/discipline when using the site. We are not a drug. We are not your parents.

Please note that if you request your account to be banned, there is no coming back. We will not unban/undelete your account so please be absolutely certain that that is what you want.

How do I spoiler something/hide portions of text in my post?

You can spoiler/hide something 1 of 2 ways.

1. Highlight the text you want to spoiler and click the eye icon in the toolbar.

2. Manually spoiler using html (without spaces in the brackets):

[ spoiler ]

Text you want to spoiler

[ /spoiler ]

When you have successfully spoilered, it will look exactly as it does in everything that’s spoilered in this thread.

What do the titles “Lurker”,  “Débutant”, “Lumineux”, “Merveilleux”, and “Sans Pareil” mean?

These titles are ranks based upon how frequent the user posts. 

Lurkers are freshly born users with 0 posts. 

Débutants are new users with at least 1 post.

Lumineuxs are users who have at least 50 posts.

Merveilleuxs are users who have at least 500 posts.

Sans Pareil is the highest rank for users who have at least  1,000 posts.

There are corresponding icons that are petite cakes for Débutant, Lumineux, and Merveilleux, then angel wings for Sans Pareil.

Why we have this, we don’t know. We inherited the site that way and liked it so we kept it.

Can I block or mute a user so I don’t see their posts/they can’t message me?

Yes. We have an “ignore” feature.

Step 1: Click your profile picture in the upright corder to bring up the drop-down menu.

Step 2: Towards the bottom there will be an option called “Ignored Users”.

Step 3: Write the username of the person you want to ignore and hit enter.

Step 4: Mark which content you want to be ignored. The 3 options are “Posts”, “Messages”, and “Signatures”.

Step 5: Click “Add User” and they will be added to the ignored user list.

*If this feature does not work to prevent harassment in DM’s, please message a mod or admin. You can also report harassing messages directly in the message.

What is considered an Armchair Diagnosis?

Please refer to this post here.

Where can I find my reputation history (upvotes/downvotes)?

Step 1: Go to your profile.

Step 2: On the left hand side, the first box that says “Community Reputation”, directly underneath it says “See Reputation Activity”. Click it.

Step 3: Under “Forums” on the left hand side it says “Posts”. Click it.

You can now see all of the reputation/upvotes/downvotes you have given and received.

How do I change my username?

You can find the option to change your username/display name in your Account Settings.

Please note that you must have at least 50 posts to be able to change your name and you can only change your display name once every 30 days.

How do I change my signature?

You can find the option to change your signature in your Account Settings.

Please note that you must have at least 10 posts to be able to change your signature.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

If your question wasn’t answered in this FAQ, please feel free to ask it below, or separately in the

“Site Feedback” thread.

Thank you.

Posted

I have a question regrading the dark mode theme for this site as the site does not change it's apparance when I choose the dark mode theme and instead stays as the defult theme. Will this be eventually fixed and is there ever going to be more themes available one day?

Posted

I have a question regrading the dark mode theme for this site as the site does not change it's apparance when I choose the dark mode theme and instead stays as the defult theme. Will this be eventually fixed and is there ever going to be more themes available one day?

Hello.

Thank you for your question.

As of right now the dark theme is broken. We are attempting to fix and update it. For now, please don't use the dark theme.

When we are able to fix and update it, we will update the Site Changes thread with said fix so keep an eye out for it there. But please do allow us some time.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you.

Posted

Pardon me if I'm an idiot but whats the page limit on regular (little snowflakes, online personalities) threads?

Posted

Thank you for providing FAQs, my question is: Why does a topic get locked? I was going through the koreaboo thread and it was locked, I thought maybe someone didn't follow the rules but the posts on the thread seemed just fine. 

Posted

Thank you for providing FAQs, my question is: Why does a topic get locked? I was going through the koreaboo thread and it was locked, I thought maybe someone didn't follow the rules but the posts on the thread seemed just fine. 

i was thinking it had something to do with the arguement happening lol or because people kept posting people's instas that were below the age limit

Posted

Usually when a thread is locked, it's because we need to go though reports that require investigation/hiding of several posts. Usually we try to give an explanation as to why in the thread itself but sometimes we forget!

The thread is open again now.

Posted

Usually when a thread is locked, it's because we need to go though reports that require investigation/hiding of several posts. Usually we try to give an explanation as to why in the thread itself but sometimes we forget!

The thread is open again now.

Oh ok! Thank you for the explanation 

Posted

I noticed that some replies are green and have a green bookmark-like thing with a star on them. What does that mean and how does it happen? 

Posted (edited)

I noticed that some replies are green and have a green bookmark-like thing with a star on them. What does that mean and how does it happen? 

When a person gets 20+ likes on their post/comment.

Edited by MilkMe