• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

Simply_Kenna/Cozykitsune [Thread 7]

1532 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

??? lmao it was so unnecessary to call her a psycho what the hell

also I feel like a whole ass video essay on why you disapprove of a 14 year old character from a fiction show is... yikes

Screenshot_20200621-224514_Instagram.jpg

Kenna wasn't paying attention to the show itself apparently. That or she was watching the ember Island version of the characters. 

xwBG4x2.gif

Also live action? 

Kenna the live action movie happened already it was a fucking mess,should you really be putting any faith in any live action avatar? 

Edited by CareyAisha

Posted

Unpopular opinion possibly, but I feel like Kenna doesn't disdain Katara just because of the color of her skin, but more so because she is a character which Kenna cannot warp so that she can see bits and pieces of her own fake persona in. A lot of people will love a certain character because they can truly identify and relate to the character, their personality, or what they have been through, but Kenna only relates to characters she can pretend are just like her. Aang, simply because he's a main character and the most important, like Kenna thinks she is, and Toph, because she has a disability but perseveres despite that because she's strong and extremely powerful for who she is, despite her circumstances. Kenna is none of these things, but likes to pretend she is, similar to her relating with Violet Evergarden even though in reality she's more like the angry explosion guy from My Hero Acadamia.

I can't help but think she hates Katara because she sees herself in Katara's negative qualities and drawbacks, like her attitude which she grows past and overcomes to become a stronger, better, and more powerful person, and Kenna's honestly probably just jealous of her because Katara is truly compassionate and that's not something she can relate with.

Sorry if this all sounds like bs, it's just a thought that I had!

Katara might be young, but she's usually portrayed as the slightly more sensible, mature character. Kenna probably can't relate.

Posted

Katara can make a genuine apology and Kenna can't simple as that 

Posted

we get it Kenny you hate powerful brown female characters 

1D37FC2C-3B1B-4E91-8CA3-53F4D0F6E279.png

Kenna hating on female characters? Check! Loving uwu cute boys and masculine-coded characters? Also check!

Toph is a strong female character, yes, but she is not ~girly~ or presented to have traditional female characteristics as Katara does. Katara has to do things that Kenna would never be caught dead doing, like holding an entire family group together and being mature beyond her years. Plus she has to deal with sexism, PTSD,  forgiveness, and other arcs illustrating character development. 

TL;DR but Kenna's misogynistic ass gets me so mad. 

Posted

Funny how Kenna feels drawn to a lot of characters who are either boys or the stereotype of tomboys* (not girly, tough, strong, unique, aloof and kinda cold), when Kenna herself is the opposite of what the characters portray. She is always wearing cute dresses and a face full of makeup and can't stand being in a field for too long because omg a *spider* appeared and scared her and Sierra, buys tons of clothes and made a "career" out of basically hauls and outfit videos, and no matter how much she tries to make free spirited cottage camping Kenna happen, we know she is a shut in that has no desire for outdoors activities (unless we are in the middle of a pandemic lol). But she needs people to read her as what she considers special. And since the whole autism fiasco she's been even more determined to associate herself with male (sorry, lil boys) characters, even when they have absolutely nothing in common with her. 

*Being either a tomboy or a girly girl is absolutely fine, and most people are a mix of everything, people are not caricatures or stereotypes when they are healthy and confident and have genuine interests. Also you don't need to be a boy to be strong and skilled and whatever, obviously.

Posted

030F2314-C440-43A4-8047-3633C3AF54F9.thu

Unabashedly referring to herself as “disabled”. I’m so disgusted I could spit. Her obsession with being some kind of underdog instead of an unexceptional rich lazy white woman is a brain rotting disease. 

alright who tf would ask someone if they're twice exceptional in the first place, let alone so many people to be considered a 'decent' amount in this case? maybe she's exceptional at being lazy and ungrateful and stealing other people's work but that's where it ends. can't help but wonder if this is her attempt at planting the seed in people's heads that she actually is 2e or a savant or some bs

Posted

030F2314-C440-43A4-8047-3633C3AF54F9.thu

this is entirely nitpicky lmao but I bet you she has no idea who George Orwell is, let alone read 1984. Not that she has to of course, but the quote seems so misplaced in her aesthetic set up idk 😂

Posted (edited)

Thoughts on her poem?

Screenshot_20200621-220808.jpg

I'm not a native English speaker, why is she writing "a crossroads"? Wouldn't it be just a crossroad, or simply crossroads in plural?

Other than that I have 0 understanding of what she's trying to say with it other than "i'm bored, i want something new". Not surprised she refers to herself as "child" though.

Edited by ChocoBunny

Posted

Thoughts on her poem?

Screenshot_20200621-220808.jpg

Bullshit. I guess it could have a certain appeal to unliterate teens but anyone who has ever read serious poetry (not Rupi Kaur) couldn’t possibly like Kenna’s poems. She’s really trying to show off as an intelligent person. Nothing wrong with using a non-everyday language to seem cultured but then I wonder why she refuses to capitalize letters. She doesn’t have a reason for that, it’s just “aesthetic” I guess.
Also the last 4 verses have nothing to do with the rest of the poem. The way they rhyme and their lenght also makes them sound like a child lullaby but badly written.
Might be my dislike for rhyming poems if they’re not done well, and hers is not done well. This would look a lot better if it didn’t rhyme but she seems to always use the same trite rhymes (the night-write I especially dislike mostly because of the rhythm of those verses. And of the poem in general actually).
Also might be the fact that I’m reading this with her voice and it reminds me of her infamous apology video.

Anyway, these are just my two cents and you could very well like this poem. Compared to other poems she wrote, this is not horrendous.  But I wouldn’t buy her book if this was her best one.

Posted

To me her poem just sounds like a lot of coated bullshit. Like Arijen said, Trying so hard to use non everyday words to sound cultured, that in my opinion, loses any sense of readability. 

Posted

??? lmao it was so unnecessary to call her a psycho what the hell

also I feel like a whole ass video essay on why you disapprove of a 14 year old character from a fiction show is... yikes

Screenshot_20200621-224514_Instagram.jpg

Woah watch out guys. Kenna, the personality expert without a personality dislikes a character because of her *gasp* personality. Lmao at least katara has a personality :haiplz:

Posted (edited)

Screenshot_20200622_104030_com.instagram

Kenna's whole philosophy in one sentence and the reason why lots of her aesthetics looks laughable: you can cover yourself in cheap clothes and glitter but if you don't put substance and effort into it it will always looks shallow (like her dark academia period)

Screenshot_20200622_104055_com.instagram

Screenshot_20200622_104154_com.instagram

I wonder why people think that you hate romance, Kenna. Such a mystery

Screenshot_20200622_104228_com.instagram

"Masked" so well that you have been showing the symptoms only in the past year

Screenshot_20200622_104301_com.instagram

"I'm not that talented" no thoughts, just laughing

Also great job in making it seem like people in the autistic spectrum are either juvenile or emotionless robots. There are plenty of autistic authors out there who can express and write about emotions.

Like part of the writing experience is about imagination: just admit that you have no imagination and go

Edited by kirara