• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

Simply_Kenna/Cozykitsune [Thread 7]

1532 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Seriously, what is it with snowflakes and wanting to be ~pail princesses uwu~? I follow another thread of a brazilian instagrammer (whiitedoll) who based her whole personality on being supposedly pale and thin. Like... Firstly, no one in their right mind gives a fuck about your skin color, it's not an achievement. And secondly, are they actually that dumb? It's the internet, people have seen your tagged pictures, you can insist all you want, but anyone with two functioning brain cells knows you don't have those naturally grey undertones. No one does lol. Most of the time they are not even actually pale, just slightly lighter than the people they live with, and NEETs. But they always make sure to write a whole sob story about how they used to haaate their perfect porcelain complexion because [insert family member here] wasn't like them!

You can always count on Kenna to be THE most tone deaf influencer of all. Every other time and this much content flaunting her skin color would be an annoyance at most, but *right now*? That's just beyond stupid and privileged, I can't

Edited by Padfoot
Grammar

Posted

Seriously, what is it with snowflakes and wanting to be ~pail princesses uwu~? I follow another thread of a brazilian instagrammer (whiitedoll) who based her whole personality on being supposedly pale and thin. Like... Firstly, no one in their right mind gives a fuck about your skin color, it's not an achievement. And secondly, are they actually that dumb? It's the internet, people have seen your tagged pictures, you can insist all you want, but everyone with two functioning brain cells knows you don't have those naturally grey undertones. No one does lol. Most of the time they are not even actually pale, just slightly lighter than the people they live with, and NEETs. But they always make sure to write a whole sob story about how they used to haaate their perfect porcelain complexion because [insert family member here] wasn't like them!

You can always count on Kenna to be THE most tone deaf influencer of all. Every other time and this much content flaunting her skin color would be an annoyance at most, but *right now*? That's just beyond stupid and privileged, I can't

White skin in different parts of the world has been associated with wealth, as the paler your skin, the less work you may have had to do in your lifetime. On the flip side, skin that is too white can appear sickly. Bigger eyes tend to be associated with innocence, and an extremely small figure tends to be associated with feebleness or weakness.

If I had to give a take on the whole style, it'd be that it's a look designed to make the wearer appear feeble or dainty, to play off of mankind's nature to want to care for those who are less capable, that being specifically children, which is why many who follow the trend to appear somewhat childlike.

I could be way wrong here, but if I'm right it'd also explain Kenna's desire to be the "smol" one.

Posted

I kind of wonder if Kenna being so obsessed with being pale has something to do with the thin veiled racism of many insta aesthetic trend.

Bear with me lol !!! I'm not well versed with cottage core bc that's not my thing but I noticed the palette is very brown-red (muted)-birch white and I haven't seen a lot of BIPOC embrace that vibe (or at least they aren't as crazy popular as some generic white girls can be) -- I wonder if cottagecore is inherently unloving of darker skintones because of the filters and the colors of everything around the person.

Kenna had no issue embracing her skin tone during other phases (I believe the Boho one? unsure of terms) which were more melanin friendly "by design": getting some sun, being very outdoorsy and kind of festival glam. I wouldn't say it is necessarily POC friendly but people weren't so hellbent on having the palest skin for a good photo if that makes sense?

But Kenna's choices of palettes (not necessarily only her cottage core phase) are very pale and I doubt anyone with a little bit of melanin wouldn't look so greyed out. I wonder if she internalized that darker skin is kind of non-pretty because she is so focused on doing it for the aesthetic?

idk lol but I've been thinking about it a lil -- maybe I'm completely wrong there

Posted

I kind of wonder if Kenna being so obsessed with being pale has something to do with the thin veiled racism of many insta aesthetic trend.

Bear with me lol !!! I'm not well versed with cottage core bc that's not my thing but I noticed the palette is very brown-red (muted)-birch white and I haven't seen a lot of BIPOC embrace that vibe (or at least they aren't as crazy popular as some generic white girls can be) -- I wonder if cottagecore is inherently unloving of darker skintones because of the filters and the colors of everything around the person.

Kenna had no issue embracing her skin tone during other phases (I believe the Boho one? unsure of terms) which were more melanin friendly "by design": getting some sun, being very outdoorsy and kind of festival glam. I wouldn't say it is necessarily POC friendly but people weren't so hellbent on having the palest skin for a good photo if that makes sense?

But Kenna's choices of palettes (not necessarily only her cottage core phase) are very pale and I doubt anyone with a little bit of melanin wouldn't look so greyed out. I wonder if she internalized that darker skin is kind of non-pretty because she is so focused on doing it for the aesthetic?

idk lol but I've been thinking about it a lil -- maybe I'm completely wrong there

kankersore definitely has a habit of adopting aesthetics that favor white skin. after her boho phase, it was all uwu anime (which is disappointingly pale considering the skin color of japanese people), now cottagecore, which does tend to favor very blonde and nordic features

i don't think the aesthetics themselves are inherently against dark skin, i think kankles is absolutely using them to mask some thinly veiled disapproval of darker skin tones. she can hide behind the aesthetics and say "i just edited my photo to fit the Look uwu haha i don't have inherent biases!" she wants to be the Whitest and Smolest and Uwuest and she borrows these aesthetics so she has an excuse to "be" those things. it's pretty gross tbh

Posted

God her contouring in the first pictus so tragic it looks like someone pinched her and her nose is broken. 

i call this camera effect "More powder Charles"

off topic

is that a reference to the marvelous misadvent of flapjack 

Posted (edited)

Not to mention her dark academia phase. It is often portrayed in media as only white rich people (usually male and considering she favors male characters and celebrities over females well...). I don't believe she ever felt bad for being pale. If anything she's proud of it as she always talk about it in a snobbish and boasting attitude. That and considering she low-key to recently high key shames even her own sister for being tanner than her and therefore not looking at all as her. As if being darker is considered ugly to her standards

Add on: also how she created long post as if she was offended to be compared to her sister for having ethnic Turkish features and pointing out how opposite she is from them. So is she really proud to be Turkish? When she never mention it, talks about it, learns about it? The last time she talked much about it was in her boho phase but that was just to talk about how its right for her to use the Buddha unrespectfully and using the G word. Now because of BLM she suddenly wants to use her Turkish half of ethnicity? After years and years of distancing herself from it? She's a joke

Edited by LaDoncella

Posted

I still cant believe how she continues to post these pics with these captions...she has zero compassion or empathy

KENNA THE MOVEMENT IS BLACK LIVES MATTER, NOT “MY PRIVILIGED UWU WHITE SKIN HUMBLE BRAGGING MATTERS”

Posted

I think her filtering herself so extremely pale is her way of showing "look at how not like other girls I am guyz!" Given Kennas location and all that, I would assume she lives in an area where most ppl tan so to make herself "more unique" or "not like the others" she goes OD with the pale filter. As we've seen she is fixated on trying to appear so drastically different than everyone else. Girl legit thinks shes a unicorn. Im just wondering what triggered all this considering how basic she was. 

Posted

I think her filtering herself so extremely pale is her way of showing "look at how not like other girls I am guyz!" Given Kennas location and all that, I would assume she lives in an area where most ppl tan so to make herself "more unique" or "not like the others" she goes OD with the pale filter. As we've seen she is fixated on trying to appear so drastically different than everyone else. Girl legit thinks shes a unicorn. Im just wondering what triggered all this considering how basic she was. 

I think it’s all about how basic she is paired with how special she started feeling after her initial flood of attention online (YT). She has nothing noteworthy or impressive about her so she has to come up with these shallow forms of uniqueness like her size, weird outfits, and false claims about her skin tone, medical conditions, eating habits, special interests that are just standard passive time-waster hobbies and so on. She can’t stand that in her heart she’s a completely basic Cali girl who’s never done anything of note because that doesn’t match up with the huge ego she developed. 

Posted

off topic

is that a reference to the marvelous misadvent of flapjack 

Yes. 

images (34).jpeg

Posted

saw this on twitter and I know it's not quite the same but it reminded me of little miss 'tokyo' 

20200618_124819.jpg

Posted

Aside from the bs- This grown woman is sick enough to where she skimmed her ankles. Her fucking ankles y’all. 

70C6DB14-7287-412C-B514-F356C46E7B6D.png