• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

Simply_Kenna/Cozykitsune [Thread 7]

2052 posts in this topic

Posted

I guess from what ive read at least the speculated beauty company is cruelty free

Posted

What I don’t really get is how she has been sitting on these lipsticks for so long... like is the brand she’s collabing with okay with that and is it even normal for such a long time to pass between the testers (Which she had in autumn) and the approved final product?

Honestly. yeah. Most brands have product developers that think up what they want to do a year or two in advance. Then they have to start experimenting and getting the right formulas/shades/branding etc. Then it takes a while to move it all into lab development - they do a few batch samples, and then try those out. Then they increase production 2-3 months before set to release. Then they have to be shipped (usually boat) to the shipping locations ( if they arent boxed on site, then they go there first). Norvina from ABH posted a really good message somewhere explaining it too when she talked about their mascara.  

TLDR: Yes. It takes a year or more to plan. Then making and shipping takes months as well.

Posted

Just looked for myself and I think you're right. Their lipsticks look exactly like this and it would explain why she's 1. bad at marketing it and 2. worried about when to launch/whether she'll get paid--she put in her own money to purchase. She just bought a mass amount of lipsticks with their private label package, probably. 

Wait. She's just private labelling? Is that even really a collab? I mean none of the colors are colors designed for her/her followers then they're just colors already being made with Kenna's name slapped on them. That sounds scummy af. 

Posted

Wait. She's just private labelling? Is that even really a collab? I mean none of the colors are colors designed for her/her followers then they're just colors already being made with Kenna's name slapped on them. That sounds scummy af. 

Hold on...you guys mean, she might have just created her own lipstick like those cereals you can put together on your own? Or like these websites where you can create your own shampoo (Ingredient-wise) and slap a name you like on the bottle?? Because that would be...possible, but that’s for sure not a collab! But I guess we will see whenever she releases them for sale..🤔

Posted

Hold on...you guys mean, she might have just created her own lipstick like those cereals you can put together on your own? Or like these websites where you can create your own shampoo (Ingredient-wise) and slap a name you like on the bottle?? Because that would be...possible, but that’s for sure not a collab! But I guess we will see whenever she releases them for sale..🤔

I don't think that would even be worth the time and money, since she'd have to order and store all of them herself and likely pay full retail price. I think it's more likely that it's a collab with an indie brand, like how she did her earring collab. Either that or Morphe since if they're willing to collab with Jaclyn Hill, they'll collab with just about anyone.

Posted (edited)

Prediction: Kenna’s insta will be under 400k by the time the lipsticks launch in the “autumn”/probably August. My guess will be 395k or so. She’s currently losing about 1k followers a week, but I think that’ll slow down as it narrows to her more loyal fans, people who don’t care, old accounts, etc. 

When she does gain followers, it’s almost always in the fall, when people are more likely to follow aesthetic autumn accounts like hers, since that’s the style she seems most naturally good at producing. This will be a make or break moment for her. Either the lipstick launch goes well, she gets some beauty guru hype, and her account launches back above 400k and her reputation is improved, or it fails miserably, she loses more followers, she’s considered a peddler of low-quality products or scams, & her normal biggest growth times end up dumping her in the lower 300s by the end of 2020. And that’s the big fall from any prominence, and that’s not easy to recover from as an influencer.

Of course, it could just be nothing really interesting, like her earring launch. But, I expect an autumn-themed makeup launch to be more exciting — after all, beauty gurus tend to be viscous types.

Edited by darlin

Posted

I hate to be the downer but haven’t we been predicting that she’ll fall in subscribers for years now,  and she’s still hanging tough at 885k? I’m pretty sure she’s not going to have her subscribers cut in half in less than 5 months if her past scandals didn’t do it, especially now that she has an oppression ace in the hole with her phony autism. 

Posted (edited)

I hate to be the downer but haven’t we been predicting that she’ll fall in subscribers for years now,  and she’s still hanging tough at 885k? I’m pretty sure she’s not going to have her subscribers cut in half in less than 5 months if her past scandals didn’t do it, especially now that she has an oppression ace in the hole with her phony autism. 

I think the poster above meant her insta followers, she has 408k and with -1k per week she'll easily be below 400k there in autumn.

Edited by superhans

Posted (edited)

I meant her IG. She doesn’t post enough on YT for anyone to even remember to unsub, I think. Her numbers will probably always remain stable there. Most dead YTers keep their subscribers, but not their views, it seems.

Edited by darlin

Posted

I mean she is also loosing enough followers on youtube. When she went to Japan, remember how she wanted someone to make her a business card in Japanese that read "I have a Youtube channel with more than 900k subscribers"? I think she was at that time at around 907k subscribers or more, now she's at 885k. Considering she wanted to use her being in Japan to gain more following, creating new content and getting an entertainment visa, loosing over 20k in followers instead is kind of a deal. We might also not forget that not everybody who stops watching her is unsubscribing, a lot of people will stay subscribed but simply stop watching. Most of her videos get between 40k-80k views. That means that online around 5-10% of her subscribers are actually watching her videos and I would say that is quite low. In comparison, Minnie Small, an art youtuber I brought up in the last thread already, has under 400k subscribers, but gets nearly 500k views per months and both views and subscribers are growing. Kenna with her 885k subscribers is at ~260k views per month. Sure she still makes some money from it, but her channels, both on youtube and insta, are bleeding and dying. She isn't loosing subscribers like James Charles did last year, but I would find it concerning if I went to Japan and had the possibility to create watchable content fairly easy and ended up loosing more than 20k subscribers instead. 

But the thing is also that Kenna doesn't mind because she isn't relying on Youtube as an income, she mainly wants attention and validation and I guess that 40k watching her are enough. 

I also don't think it is a collab with Morphe, I don't know the youtuber prior mentioned, but she got like 5 million subs on Youtube and 6 million on Insta, so Kenna is not really a comparison to that. I think it is indeed not unlikely that she is private labeling. But calling it a "collab" sounds more exciting and like she's in demand. Maybe the earring collab went finance wise okay for her without putting in any effort, so she wants to sell more stuff in her name. A pointer would also be her telling that she went back and forth with the company for a year due to miscommunication. Yeah, developing a product takes time, but a big company with schedules and deadlines wouldn't spend a year going back and forth on one or a handful of issues with Kenna, because she takes everything literally.

Posted

Precisely what I was thinking.

Honestly with Kenna this could go two ways.

1. She’s lying to make it seem as though she is in high demand and will therefore get more offers in the future, or just craves that ego boost so hard she’s willing to lie for it.

2. Her CoLl3gE LeVeL English isn’t enough to teach her the different between a collab and private labelling.

I wouldn’t put it past her either way tbh, and if it truly was private labelling, she’s probably going to see a lot of this money go down the drain because I don’t think she has enough people that care to buy her entire lip line. Her rabid fans are mostly in the 12-15 category and can probably afford just one..

Posted

No. Private labelling means just changing the label on a product and calling it yours. It isn't like when that Lillie Jean girl said she had a collab with Bite Beauty (a build a bear style shop for lipstick) but really she was just a customer at their store.

With private labelling there is still an agreement with a company and I guess you could call it a collaboration if you really wanted but it would be AT LEAST slightly dishonest. Lots of business do this (I think even Morphe with their brushes if I remember right). However, the product itself doesn't get changed or personalized just the label they put on it. For example, the Morphe brushes aren't any different from other brushes their source produces except they have an M on them, but they are more expensive than other people with the same source because they are "morphe brushes". And yet, they are only paying for the right to call them that. They aren't specially made for Morphe. The brushes are being made anyway. Basically you pay more for that M they stamp on the brush not for a different type of quality.

It's just really scummy looking when people private label imo. 

Posted

Everyone is talking about a collab, but she specifically said shes coming out with her own lipstick line.......      Shes most likely private labelling though. Its the cheapest, fastest, and most hands off experience. 

Posted

i just want her to release this damn lipstick i can already sense the drama that will come out of it