• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

Simply_Kenna/Cozykitsune [Thread 7]

2052 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Kenna's surname is Suman, which I have mentioned before is not a common Turkish surname but a very common Indian/Pakistani surname, she most likely has some heritage from there. Even so, culturally and physically she is more white and western. But no matter who you are, saying the N word even in a song isn't cool...also Kenna listens to Nicki? LOL

You can't really say I don't say it then add i do say it in songs tho, cos you're literally saying it

Edited by ohno0

Posted

Kenna says she gets more hate from being white than being half Turkish.

(this is from an old interview on Tumblr)

Screenshot_20200518-062639.png

sorry i dont keep up with her that much so its my first time seeing this...she believes in reverse racism?yes kenna reverse racism does not exist there is prejudice and discrimination but not racism but she seems so air headed im asking too much from her to know the different 

so she says the n word when she sings along to songs?? its not that hard to just shut up and miss that one word kenna wtf you're no better than people saying it in conversations  

Posted (edited)

You could used to tell she was mixed race back when she had her natural hair and didn't shop so much. Now she shops herself so excessively pale, just based on her shopped pics it hard to tell. 

Edited by vlone.gguk
im dyslexic 😭💀

Posted (edited)

image0.png?width=252&height=448
Now she does 

Edited by Uwabbity
Didn't realize that someone posted this already sorry

Posted

so are we getting that animal crossing island tour or is she tired of that $300 trend already?

She abandoned it when she realised it's gonna take some work to get her island looking all uwu ~aesthetic~

Posted

I already explained on a previous posts what kind of disrespectful behavior I've seen. IDK why yall keep saying "I've never seen it". Okay? I have tho.

Turkish people are not "all mixed" this is quite a common racist statement about us. Turks having a diverse appearance has nothing to do with genetic mixture. It's just a common trait seen in all mediterranean people. It's the same with Syrians, Lebanese, Palestinians, North Africans, South Europeans etc..

Genetically, geographically and historically, Turkish people are Middle Eastern. I never said "Middle eastern" is a race. I assume you're talking about Turks migrating from central asia originally but that was over 1000 years ago and is no longer the case today. But either way, my point stands. Whiteness is not a term set in stone, and changes from region to region. People love to call us white all day but meanwhile white nationalists target us every year in Europe on the basis of us not being white. 

Regardless whether or not you consider Turks white doesn't change the fact that Turks experience intense discrimination in the West. As I said, not all ethnic discrimination is based on appearance. Someone living in Turkey wouldn't understand that. It doesn't matter when she chooses to mention her Turkish heritage. The point is that she does. It's not crazy to believe that she was harassed for it. Especially during these current times.

Lol what even is the deal with you?Turks having diverse phenotypes IS literally because of genetical mixing.We aren't native to Anatolia,no we weren't always like this.You're making up stuff as you go,i grew up in Turkey,around literal Turkish people,and experience the culture and see the people here everyday.When Turks migrated here,they mixed with Iranians,and when they arrived they mixed with other native people:Greeks,Slavs etc.Turks that stayed in Central Asia,such as Kazakhs and Krgyz people look Asiatic,just as Turks were before migrating.Other mediterrenian people and them being mixed or not has nothing to do with Turks,because they've been around here way longer than us.

''Genetically, geographically and historically, Turkish people are Middle Eastern. I never said "Middle eastern" is a race.'' you just contradicted yourself,by saying genetically and then saying Middle Eastern isn't a race.Historically Turks aren't Middle Eastern,we adapted parts of Arabic and Persian culture,but we still have our own culture and our own language which is not from the Middle East.Claiming things such as this is very ignorant and your idea of our culture is very shallow.Online and in the countries i've been to i've battled with ignorant people and their discrimination of Turks,and even been told i don't look ''Turkish''because they all assume we're Arabs.Just because i didn't migrate to a western country like you did doesn't mean i don't know we face discrimination.Regardless of all this,Kenna has only mentioned being Turkish around 4 times online,think of how many times she mentions it in real life?Probably never.She doesn't do anything culturally Turkish(except claiming a supposedly middle eastern head ornament,which is not Turkic in any regard and she was just trying to excuse herself),doesn't speak a lick of Turkish except the word ''babaanne''(which is funny because Turkish is really similar to Japanese so it would've been of use to her,but i digress),does not look stereotypically ''Middle Eastern'',and doesn't post anything about Turkey.I'm not saying it's impossible for her to have been discriminated against,but like almost everything she does it's probably exaggerated.

Posted

I can't believe she was in Japan for nearly a year. Her life didn't even remotely change, and neither did her aEsThEtIc at the time. It's so laughable to think she lived there and convince herself that she was a local.

Posted

She's a Turkish girl in cali and online. 

How about yall don't speak over others about issues you're unaware of.

Well if you were to say a Turkish person, in this case Kenna, that she's "victimizing herself" or implying that she's lying about facing discrimination for her Turkish heritage, that is invalidating discrimination against Turkish people. Which was the case with a post a few pages ago. Hence why I joined the conversation in the first place.

you’re going way off topic (and to quote @kyuutobani, “Kenna is not the hill you wanna die on man”) so I reported just to clean up the thread. 
look, you seem to have some kind of agenda, but this isn’t the forum to talk about it. Do it on Tumblr, where I suspect you escaped from. This thread is about Kenna, a problematic American girl who has used her ethic background as a prop and accessory. 
I AM ASIAN. Okay. And I am also American. I have little to no association with my roots due to not growing up in an environment that enforces those values. It seems pointless discussing something Kenna herself hasn’t brought up recently. She’s in the “sad uwu” phase and isn’t milking her “west Asian” claim or whatever. You missed that boat a long time ago. 
take your agenda somewhere else. It’s not even tea. I’m sorry for being harsh but, you’re seriously derailing the thread and it’s more annoying than “Noble” or whatever you think you’re doing is. 

Posted

Kenna says she gets more hate from being white than being half Turkish.

(this is from an old interview on Tumblr)

Screenshot_20200518-062639.png

lol ''i don't say the n word,except when i say it,i do''why does she think rapping it makes any difference