• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/04/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Simply_Kenna/Cozykitsune [Thread 7]

599 posts in this topic

Posted

coming out of lurking, damn girl is a VIP here

Posted

So, she’s been wearing it over a year? 

is the product released in the fall stock that’s been sitting around for a year, or is she using test batches? Because if so...I don’t know much about makeup production, but 16+ month old lipstick doesn’t sound that appealing to me lol

Most of the time they make small batches to test formulas, pigmentation, wear etc. So she's most likely been wearing test runs and tuning everything so it is satisfactory to her and they can put out a good line that is representative of what she wants.
So that also means she's been wearing? stuff? for over a year and the final product hasnt changed much? if she wants us to rely on those year old overly edited pics of her.

But also like I'm sorry to say but if I'm just gonna get a deep red, a brick red and a nude orange/brown, I can just get those three shades in any stupid makeup line there is up till now. It's classic and they aren't very personality proper. They don't make me think of Kenna as if she owns those colors, because everyone else has already done these colors and then some and I'm pretty sure I have 15 reds already that are reliable and I can keep on getting because I've been wearing makeup for the last ten years lol

Also I don't understand what reliable make up company would think of asking an influencer's audience turned possible consumers just to make sure they can release the line. Has the release not been planned, and is the company not able to rely on good adjustments made to survive through C19? It just seems really rushed and unreliable. Also I'm pretty sure factories have closed down for two months so it either feels like they are sitting on a shipment that cannot wait, or they didn't start production and want to get on it asap doing some sort of pre order.

Idk i'm very doubtful about any of this shit tbh but really because I don't understand the marketing and planning behind this launch

Posted (edited)

Can't wait for the release of her lipsticks! (If she still has an audience that wants it like girl, we in the middle of a pandemic, most of your followers are minors who need to ask their parents for money/don't have that much money to spend on makeup/ are to young (or not allowed) to wear makeup yet). She keeps losing subs and subscribers, the ones who are economically well off probably would spend in something else and... I can smell new drama coming. 

If her collab with Ohayo Quest was a flop and her earrings collab too (having plenty of bad reviews) I can only imagine lipstick ones. I'm not part of the beauty guru community but I hear they take no prisoners

Edit: my excitement for the release is due to the trainwreck it would be not because she's releasing makeup

Edited by LaDoncella
and with her lack to handle criticism, I can see her defend the undefendable

Posted

Can't wait for the release of her lipsticks! (If she still has an audience that wants it like girl, we in the middle of a pandemic, most of your followers are minors who need to ask their parents for money/don't have that much money to spend on makeup/ are to young (or not allowed) to wear makeup yet). She keeps losing subs and subscribers, the ones who are economically well off probably would spend in something else and... I can smell new drama coming. 

If her collab with Ohayo Quest was a flop and her earrings collab too (having plenty of bad reviews) I can only imagine lipstick ones. I'm not part of the beauty guru community but I hear they take no prisoners

Has Kenna even shown much interest in makeup? She’s not part of the beauty community and I sure as heck don’t trust her to help formulate, market, and brand a product that goes on my body. Even seasoned gurus fail launches and sell products that are unsanitary and gross (Jaclyn Hill’s fuzzy lipsticks, for example) so why trust a lazy influencer who has rarely followed through any phase in her life? 

Posted (edited)

Who'd want to follow her clown makeup anyway? Girl looks like she uses cheeto dust.

As for names? We all know she's going to name one after her Hogwarts house. Also, in before one comes out named 'Tokyo' because she's sO fUnNy.

Edited by aloha

Posted

Edit: my excitement for the release is due to the trainwreck it would be not because she's releasing makeup

I had another look at the jewelry shop and her earrings are still only to be found via the search and not a general shop listing, also all reviews that were less than 5/5 stars got deleted. Given, there were some "booooh, Kenna is a fraud!" reviews with 1/5 stars, there were also some reviews with an average scoring going like "I really like the design, but the earrings are a bit heavy, so I can't wear them for a whole day 3/5" and they are all gone, too. There very actually quite a few reviews liking the earrings overall, but mentioning that they were a bit on the heavy side, which is just a genuin review, but everything that wasn't raving for Kenna's earrings got deleted. First I thought it might be due to Kenna herself, but from looking at other jewelry pieces it seems the shop owner is deleting everything that is not 5/5. Seems like a totally trustworthy person! 

I can totally see the lipsticks not being super great in quality or being super average and Kenna will blame it on the collab partner. I can also totally see how she will blame any critic on the collab partner for misinterpreting her or she understood something wrong due to being autistic. But tbh, if she was test wearing the lipsticks for a whole year, she should be very familiar with them. Guess the most realistic outcome will be that the lipsticks will be nothing special or unique, they will be just okay, nothing overwhelming. Kenna will promote them just a couple of times with not much passion and some highly shoped pics. Some teen fans will be in awe and post about it and Kenna will feature the posts on her instagram. The sun and moon will rise many times and Kenna will have forgotten about the lipstick line -except when her collab partner might push her to promote it more, so she will post an lazy insta story about it and it will be forgotten again.

Remember, she promoted her earrings like 2-3 times, the last time a couple of days before Christmas as a Christmas gift recommendation when the actual shipping takes 3-4 weeks according to the website, so just a lazy promotion with no motivation at all from Kenna's side, most likely because the shop owner was asking her to do it. 

Btw, I'm not so sure the collab is with colorpop as some suggested, because non of their lipsticks cost 15$, also not the collab one's and I don't think that Kenna would get a more expensive collab line than way more famous youtubers get. Nyx lipsticks are also way cheaper. Maybe some not well known and obscure online only cosmetic brand? The funniest thing would be if it's a collab with limecrime, kinda fitting, too. 

Posted

In regards to her lipsticks, I seriously doubt a bigger company like CP or Nyx will feature her. She's far too problematic tbh. Maybe Morphe is more in line with her garbage self since they have the likes of Jeffrey Star, James Charles, Jacklyn Hill etc. Or perhaps the collab went south and she wanted to gauge interest in her lip-colors in an effort to self-produce them? Honestly, having the influencer make a random straw-poll to test waters sounds rather fishy for a company like colourpop which is literally the equivalent of fast-fashion makeup to do. 

Posted

She’s down another thousand followers.. this might possibly be the last non yesstyle collab Kenna has unless she can start being a successful influencer