• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

Riss / A_Smile_And_A_Song

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Riss / a_smile_and_a_song

instagram / facebook 

Riss is a 26 y/o cosplayer from Orlando, Florida.

2.thumb.jpg.a08a4a20985fbaabe98353aff7c2

Some info:

• Riss is a trans boy and goes by he/him or they/them pronouns
  • He works at Disneyworld
  • He is asexual and aromantic
  • He has a black cat called Narancia who has medical issues
  • His most popular cosplays are Zelda, princess Peach, Giorno Giovanna, Mina

Zelda

3.thumb.jpg.715999583f0cebd36575c4625a28

Princess Peach

4.thumb.jpg.af1efe9bfc6daf3fdd93347c0b2a

Giorno Giovanna

5.thumb.jpg.cea98bb77f9ca7a66898b86a7fdd

Mina

6.thumb.jpg.881a5b01be4253102b99691da726

┈┈┈┈┈◦•✩•◦┈┈┈┈┈

Controversies

Narancia / cat abuse

About a year ago Riss adopted a five months old cat and called him Narancia.

cat1.thumb.png.b0ce1b269c430ff4d342dcfdd

cat2.thumb.png.43f9e703fded615bb03128800

Unfortunately Narancia started to have several medical issues (in particular, urinary blockages)

cat3.thumb.jpg.63670c95deab0e80faf715f44

cat4.thumb.png.6792914ac42feefbfc23933c1

Later, Riss opened a Gofundme for Narancia's perineal urethrostomy debt.

cat2.thumb.png.ff019aaeb382fcddace76521a

So Riss has been accused of animal abuse by his followers. Young cats rarely get UTIs so it is probable that Riss is a neglectful owner and incapable of take care of Narancia.

Photoshop

Riss photoshops his photos without the photographers permission. Anything extreme, but here some examples:

edit1.thumb.png.e0989554551b5fb5f7383fa4

edit2.thumb.png.0b45fecca517316a542fad51

edit3.thumb.png.644e0bd33e0945f3c981043a

E-begging

Riss is always begging for his followers money and acts like has no cash for his cosplay projects/cons.
But Riss has about 300 patrons on his Patreon (here) for the 3$ tier, so he makes lots of money every month. Riss has also a KoFi page (here) and gains support (and money) from his followers. His goals usually reach the 200/300% of the amount.
He is often complaining not having money for buying new games and punctually a fan buys the game for him, for example. 

DDLG / sexualisation

Riss is aroace sex repulsed and has said he does not intend to sexualize the characters because of his asexuality. 
But some time ago Riss made a ddlg version of Mina (from BNHA). There was a huge controversy cause Mina is a minor and Riss went on hiatus for a while.

(I searched the cursed photo of ddlg Mina EVERYWHERE but I can't find it, I'm so sorry!)

┈┈┈┈┈◦•✩•◦┈┈┈┈┈

Again, Riss cosplayed Lio Fotia (Promare) in a "demon version" which is very sexual in my opinion and he also called him "Lio Thotia". He was "shocked" when people viewed the pics in a sexual way. No excuse for the gross comments but the cosplay was clearly sexual.

lio.thumb.png.f5acb4832b4ca67f9924938fe4

┈┈┈┈┈◦•✩•◦┈┈┈┈┈

Some time ago Riss posted this Instagram story:

IMG_20200505_104437.thumb.jpg.2e2eabab21

Some users of course found disturbing the fact Riss had to restrain himself from children's underwear.

Posted

Omg finally I’ve been waiting for a thread on Riss. He always gave me bad vibes and the fact that his fans simp for him.  
CF206181-904B-4BFA-A6B7-016A794D62EB.thu

This post is so annoying bc he says he’s not wearing makeup but his brows are literally drawn on and he’s wearing color contacts. 
He had such a dramatic breakdown on social media that he was quitting cosplay and yet he comes back 🙊🙊🙊

Posted

he always comes back

CF206181-904B-4BFA-A6B7-016A794D62EB.thu

This post is so annoying bc he says he’s not wearing makeup but his brows are literally drawn on and he’s wearing color contacts. 

YEAH and i think the jaw is photoshopped as always

Posted

he always comes back

YEAH and i think the jaw is photoshopped as always

It's 100% photoshopped. I mentioned this in the cosplayer personalities thread but you can literally see the jaw filters warp in their videos (would find an example but it seems their page is down atm?)

Posted

It's 100% photoshopped. I mentioned this in the cosplayer personalities thread but you can literally see the jaw filters warp in their videos (would find an example but it seems their page is down atm?)

they changed their name to minteaprince on ig so that’s prob why you couldn’t find  their stuff. 

Posted

they changed their name to minteaprince on ig so that’s prob why you couldn’t find  their stuff. 

Ah, I didn't realize. But look at the video on this post and tell me you don't roll your eyes. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/B37tjBbHiP5/

Posted (edited)

No matter his explanation, personally I think the change to "minteaprince" was strongly motivated by his old user name bringing up lolwcow and /cgl in the first few results of a google search. 

I hadn't looked at the instagram dedicated to calling him out in a while, but it looks like they've been steadily posting  https://www.instagram.com/a_smile_and_a_scam_chronicles/

Did anyone else read it as "Mineta Prince" at first? I thought it was a reference to that one My Hero Academia character lmao

Edited by scruffs

Posted (edited)

idk what riss's chin ever did to him to justify why riss hates it so goddamn much

Edited by mcgsy

Posted

did he have to make this post under a cosplay pic...?

IMG_-v9h16h.jpg

IMG_9b9ewg.jpg

Posted (edited)

OMG im SO GLAD there's a topic... one of their first cat highlights,

Screenshot_20200702-220047.thumb.png.643

To me it seems they were uncertain whether they are even able to keep paying for the basic needs, and I'm sorry if you don't have the money to pay for pet food  please don't impuls buy a WHOLE CAT! 

Of course when a cat gets ill, it's something we can't avoid but with statements like this i believe they couldn't properly take care of the cat for Jack squat but that's just what I think. 

It also made me livid since they ebeg all their funding... instead of going to some expensive as fuck out of state convention or a whole ass new cosplay, save the money to properly care of your fucking cat.

Also I don't get the whole e-begging for a whole new cosplay? just recycle a cosplay you aren't going to die from it.

Edited by say sike