• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

135 posts in this topic

Posted

I also recommend claudiiputnam. She's German. I don't follow her but her coords are super cute and chic!

Posted

People based in Japan are of course preferred but it's 100% fine to talk about other J-fashion folks as well! :alpacacrush: We don't have a general J-fashion influencer thread but I guess we don't need one since there'd likely be a lot of overlap with this thread anyway. In fact, I just remembered Annalena a.k.a burrito_princess. She doesn't live in Japan (yet?) but she's into modern Japanese fashion. I don't know much about her but she seems fine to me. Doesn't set off any red flags. Judging by her bio, I assume she's going to Japan in September?

https://www.instagram.com/burrito_princess/

Here's a glimpse of her style.

untitled1.thumb.PNG.be4e322c980adbdf1606

she is super nice in person, too! 

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the recommendations, I'm gonna check them all out! Glad to know there is a little normalcy lol :D

I know I personally really like the styles of @maihee @____ayagram____ @doll__meimmy and @risa_doll (of course) but it's nice to find some in the international community as well.

Edited by disappointedwitch
added @'s

Posted

has anyone noticed that naomi's shop, milk club ( i believe it's hers ) mainly re sells aliexpress clothes? they even had oldmickey's bright moon socks :alpacasad:

i'm a little disappointed since i liked her and her fashion...

Posted (edited)

arisucookie posted a "make an assumption about me" question sticker and I compiled some of the most interesting results. Sorry that the text is a bit difficult to read. :alpacaworry: Turns out her boyfriend doesn't actually buy those expensive goods except on special occasions. 

untitled.thumb.PNG.fb3e60f0a668d1ea6aad3

She confirmed she's had plastic surgery (breast augmentation). Alice went from a B to a DD cup. I still get the feeling she had work done on her face at some point.

untitled3.thumb.PNG.7999ac5c66861639660d

She works 3 other mystery jobs aside from being a vlogger.

untitled4.thumb.PNG.38a643d8ccc754fe838e

Claims she isn't rich at all despite owning a metric fuck-ton of luxury brands. (To be fair, she does work three jobs.)

untitled5.thumb.PNG.dec1947448f1ba7910f1

Edited by frostedlillies

Posted (edited)

him providing her with a 'comfortable lifestyle', meaning he probably financially pays/paid for her apartment I assuming?

So essentially; her buying $10k a pop chanel bags is technically through him by proxy

like i have no problem on however they decided to set up their relationship, but feels pretty misleading on how she answered that lol

Edited by Athena

Posted (edited)

^ Agreed 100%. If he provides you with a "comfortable lifestyle" (that is so vague I can't even) then technically he is financing things so you can buy brand shit. Just because he's footing the bill for your apartment/food/utilities and you're forking over the money for gucci, LV, or whatever doesn't change things. He's still providing the financial environment to throw your money at whatever you want cause he pays your bills. (Also oot but I've never seen her face up close and something looks wrong? Like I can't place it. Does this girl shoop??)

Edited by Basicbitch

Posted

I don't know anything about this girl, but if she lives in Japan isn't there a huge second hand market for luxury goods there?

(I've been told a lot that you could get very good quality second hand luxury bags and stuff in Japan for dirt cheap?)

What are the chances that she is buying all of the luxury stuff used?...

Posted

I’m sooooooooooo glad I found a forum discussing this chick rune, I really thought she was so cool living her best life and stuff ....,come to find out she’s such an obnoxious person  idek wat word is right ?? She’s just different and not in a good way. I use to usually watch her lives and she talks a lot about her day and just cooks or cleans ...,,smth “productive,”

LETS TALK ABOUT LIVES 

theyre were a few lives I saw where this one girl asked her “are you only financially dependent on your husband “ something like that she said but it was more longer and to me it didn’t sound rude I had also checked the girls profile she was teenager. I think to me it was not offensive and the girl genuinely wanted to know of course I’d see it be too invasive she could’ve ignored it or not to doo harsh. Literally Rune got SUPERRRRR defensive about it talking about , “what kind of question is that, why would you ask , can’t you tell we are both adults and were  financially Smart,  I think it’s weird to say stuff like that , I’m lost” and just other stuff and while saying it she was heated and she had that stupid smile on her face omg , the poor girl was genuinely hurt and that same girl in the live said she was just confused and wanted more information and getting to know rune, she didn’t mean to hurt her my asking. To me it was fine she could said it’s private she doesn’t want to discuss it  literally the girl apologized to rune and  RUNE SAID“ never say that again,” with such a mean attitude , I’m so surprised at her words and stuff . Later she went on rant talking about people can’t understand her life blah, blah she lost friends and stuff blah,blah. Honestly it wasn’t even a big deal rune could of ignored it.OF course I probably can see people probably attacked her with those questions in the past but isn’t she that type of women to not break her pure character  ?? Literally 

Also another live about where rune I think was discussing about where she’s from, someone had asked along the lines of “how was it like moving from nyc to japan “ rune was like “that is a really weird question , I don’t understand why would you say that , what do you mean “ She acted very peculiar like she was angry and lost? Is that an expression lol idk how to type it properly, I had completed understand why that person asked because rune Mention before she use to live in nyc and stuff. rune just got defensive? Saying so much unnecessary sh!t making people see her as the good guy.it was just so sad,,,,,, again to me it’s not a big deal for her to blow up. Also it wasn’t like a friendly “ I’m confused “ she said it in a condescending way if you could get the picture. Again an attack to girl with a basic question. She also could of ignored it.

last live I saw of her was her cleaning and talking about her changing her hair, she did say it was a wig in the live, I mean it looked like one anyways,,,,normally  people asked questions like the usual she answered (ok np) THEN someone asked “ oh did you also get that hair in japan.”? Innocent question you may think? NOT FOR RUNE she said I can definitely quote this “ I remember your username from the last live (the one that asked about nyc to japan move I talked about) you’ve been askIng really weird questions(that girl always ask basic questions about how’s life and stuff) I’m not too comfortable with that, I think you should stop that” she was livid with that person FROM THEN I JUST stopped watching her lives ,,,,,,,why, why is she so defensive literally it’s a hair question and you’re so mean it’s saddening I hate someone that takes things extremely personal when it doesn’t need to make you feel like that , she called her out probably making the poor girl feel bad darn I should of screen recorded her 

so my opinions about her is just a sad girl who thinks she’s entitled And stuck up, thanks for coming to my ted talk

Posted (edited)

"Did you get that hair in Japan?" Was actually an interesting topic starter and she could've had long conversation about buying wigs overseas (which I think is interesting but go off Rune). Rune has always kinda been like that if I remember right.(I always just assumed I didn't get it cause when I followed her tumblr I was a white highschooler and just figuring out what micro aggressions are.) But people would send her basic asks about things like clothes, hair, her bf, sanrio, etc. Some questions wouldn't be worded the best and Rune would passive aggressively go off and she'd even pull that "I remember you. You're always asking rude things like this" and everyone would be like "?????".

In her defense back then she did get some nasty shit like people calling her the N word or saying black people can't pull off Jfashion, but the same level of vitriol thrown at those assholes were levelled at pretty innocent questions too. It could be cause I'm white but I still don't get some of the shit she goes off about.

Edited by Basicbitch

Posted

I don't know anything about this girl, but if she lives in Japan isn't there a huge second hand market for luxury goods there?

(I've been told a lot that you could get very good quality second hand luxury bags and stuff in Japan for dirt cheap?)

What are the chances that she is buying all of the luxury stuff used?...

That's true, and I briefly considered that possibility until I remembered that she has many luxury shopping videos on her channel where she buys brand new goods from the actual boutiques. Not just in Japan, but also Milan and London, so yeah... Totally not rich, though.

"Did you get that hair in Japan?" Was actually an interesting topic starter and she could've had long conversation about buying wigs overseas (which I think is interesting but go off Rune). Rune has always kinda been like that if I remember right.(I always just assumed I didn't get it cause when I followed her tumblr I was a white highschooler and just figuring out what micro aggressions are.) But people would send her basic asks about things like clothes, hair, her bf, sanrio, etc. Some questions wouldn't be worded the best and Rune would passive aggressively go off and she'd even pull that "I remember you. You're always asking rude things like this" and everyone would be like "?????".

In her defense back then she did get some nasty shit like people calling her the N word or saying black people can't pull off Jfashion, but the same level of vitriol thrown at those assholes were levelled at pretty innocent questions too. It could be cause I'm white but I still don't get some of the shit she goes off about.

It sounds to me like the hateful comments Rune received in the past made her oversensitive to any innocent comments/questions she receives now. Girl needs to chill and stop assuming that everyone's trying to bring her down. Overreacting to simple comments and bitching at curious teenagers gives off a major Kenna-vibe and you do not want to be compared to Kenna.

Posted

theyre were a few lives I saw where this one girl asked her “are you only financially dependent on your husband “ something like that she said but it was more longer and to me it didn’t sound rude I had also checked the girls profile she was teenager. I think to me it was not offensive and the girl genuinely wanted to know of course I’d see it be too invasive she could’ve ignored it or not to doo harsh. Literally Rune got SUPERRRRR defensive about it talking about , “what kind of question is that, why would you ask , can’t you tell we are both adults and were  financially Smart,  I think it’s weird to say stuff like that , I’m lost” and just other stuff and while saying it she was heated and she had that stupid smile on her face omg , the poor girl was genuinely hurt and that same girl in the live said she was just confused and wanted more information and getting to know rune, she didn’t mean to hurt her my asking.

i've tuned into a couple of her lives for a few minutes (she usually has them around the time i'm getting ready for bed) and i remember once she had a similar reaction to someone asking her something innocent like this too, i think related to laundry since she was taking it down off her balcony during that particular one. i was surprised because there were maybe 6 people in the live altogether and you would think she would either just ignore it or brush it off with a halfhearted answer, especially with that few people there... no one wants to interact with someone who's rude to them for asking a simple question, so if she wants her lives/her brand to become more popular she should really practice the "kindness and grace" she preaches about in her stories and bio all the time.

Posted

I guess that attitude isn't only limited to livestreams because I remembered seeing this interaction a while ago. It was on a short clip of her stretching and smiling in the sunlight, trying to be all 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝒸𝑒𝒻𝓊𝓁. (It was cringey imo.)

screenshot.thumb.PNG.27a96f5aa54136a8d04

I had no clue this passive-aggressive behavior was so frequent. I said this before when I first brought up Rune in the J-vlogger general discussion thread, but I feel like she often virtue-signals. I understand that she's been the target of actual anonymous hate back in the day which is wrong, but at the same time I get the feeling that Rune thinks all people who may dislike her have some crippling insecurity within themselves.

untitled.thumb.PNG.e885b438e29bb79bacc6b

"I choose not to discuss or give credence to them, because I know not everyone will like me. It really is a personal problem- not a you problem, but a 'them' problem. Sometimes it's insecurity, nosiness fueled by envy, bitterness, or just plain old jealousy. Sometimes it's the really invasive 'kindness layering on shade' types of interaction."

People can't simply dislike or not care for her, nooooo. They obviously have an unresolved issue within themselves because how could anyone dislike somebody like her? Maybe that's a massive reach, but that's how this comes off to me. Especially with the "I forgive them, and I forgive all of you" part. The funny thing is that she doesn't even take her own damn advice lmaoo. She's unkind and defensive to her viewers when they ask her "weird questions" instead of just ignoring them like she preaches.

untitled2.thumb.PNG.8b60c4ea9e0371661f7d

Again, I said this before on the J-vlogger thread but I hate how high and mighty she portrays herself by saying "I just feel disappointed for people who can have such ugly thoughts about others :(". Ma'am, you ran a blog dedicated to shitting on weebs. Yes, I'm aware people can change but you of all people shouldn't be on that high horse. You've never disliked anyone before or thought negatively of them? Give me a break, lady.

"don't like someone on IG? Keep it to yourself and focus on productive outlets that foster your own individual growth and creativity <3"

Being a figure on a public platform such as instagram opens you up to criticism and discussion. I don't agree with sending people outright hateful messages on others' social media accounts but if they want to criticize them elsewhere, what's the problem with that? People have the right to voice their opinions even if they aren't nice ones.

"criticized someone's looks or coords?"

I agree that there's a limit to criticizing someone's physical appearance (e.g. skin color, things they can't control) and you shouldn't take that too far but we can't even talk about people's outfits now? M'kay then lol.

Maybe if someone criticized Rune's appearance more often sis wouldn't be strutting around in struggle wigs.

This post was unexpectedly long but I had a lot to say, haha.

Posted

Again, I said this before on the J-vlogger thread but I hate how high and mighty she portrays herself by saying "I just feel disappointed for people who can have such ugly thoughts about others :(". Ma'am, you ran a blog dedicated to shitting on weebs. Yes, I'm aware people can change but you of all people shouldn't be on that high horse. You've never disliked anyone before or thought negatively of them? Give me a break, lady.

Yeah. And a lot of the stories on WS were really mean appearancewise (I mean, Rune was only admin not submitter and we were talking about greasy weebs we knew, but Rune, as the creator, set the standard for what was acceptable to say). And yeah, I get it if she's different now, but pretending like she was never somebody who was okay with talking shit or laughing at some cringelord really smacks of dishonesty and an "I'm better than you" mentality.

And as for insecurity, yeah always kind of got that vibe. Like I said she got a lot of racist asks on her personal and WS but after awhile it felt...weird(?) I guess that the asks she usually answered/published were people being racist dicks. I even started ignoring any ask posts from her personal at a point because 6 times out of 10 it was usually some asshole. It's not like her blogs were unpopular but she always seemed to give her haters public attention while any fans were...not ignored but not as heavily invested in. The only time she would post a lot of fan asks in succession is after some racist ask she published and every follower would jump in her askbox to stand up for her (and yeah, I was one of them). 

Posted

Another thing I learned about: Rune and Mrs. Midwest (a fellow questionable tradthot) are friends. This thread ain't about her so I won't get to into detail but feel free to read her GG thread: https://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=701&t=36759&start=50

Also, Alice posted an unboxing of a brand new Louis Vuitton scarf on her instagram story. I searched it up and it costs $620. Admittedly, that's not that expensive for a luxury scarf but saying she isn't rich is a little dishonest imo. Of course people are allowed to treat themselves but most non-rich people don't have entire shelves filled with Gucci, Chanel, LV, Dior etc.