• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

135 posts in this topic

Posted

I hate that some non-asians can't just enjoy Asian based things without pretending they're mixed or whatever. Its so annoying and cringe . 

Posted

Just to add, being born in Guam is probably not the reason she says she has partial Asian ancestry. She's Guyanese in origin and Guyanese people are very mixed. Majority of them are Indian or Black or mixed. Guyana even has a minority of Chinese people.

If by Asian, she means like Indian, then I would actually believe her because the black population of Guyana is never pure black/full black due to slavery and colonialism. Almost all of them are mixed with either Indian or Native South American, just like African Americans are mixed with white. So she might have distant Indian ancestry. Calling herself 'Caribbean' is probably more accurate than 'black'.

Posted

untitled.thumb.PNG.34d4b7250fcc5d0911154

Ohhh my goddd. First it was Kenna, then it was Ebony, and now that Shani woman is talking about "going cottagecore". I'm not even cottagecore so I'm not trying to be a gatekeeper but everyone's sudden infatuation with this aesthetic seems so fake and dare I say, "poser"-ish. I feel weird using the word "poser' for something like this lol but I don't know how else to describe it. They probably just baked bread one (1) time in quarantine which made them feel like mystical forest ladies. I have a feeling that we're going to see an influx of these J-fashion girls dressing like pioneers in the coming months.

Posted

Ohhh my goddd. First it was Kenna, then it was Ebony, and now that Shani woman is talking about "going cottagecore". I'm not even cottagecore so I'm not trying to be a gatekeeper but everyone's sudden infatuation with this aesthetic seems so fake and dare I say, "poser"-ish. I feel weird using the word "poser' for something like this lol but I don't know how else to describe it. They probably just baked bread one (1) time in quarantine which made them feel like mystical forest ladies. I have a feeling that we're going to see an influx of these J-fashion girls dressing like pioneers in the coming months.

It's called a trend

Posted

Just to add, being born in Guam is probably not the reason she says she has partial Asian ancestry. She's Guyanese in origin and Guyanese people are very mixed. Majority of them are Indian or Black or mixed. Guyana even has a minority of Chinese people.

If by Asian, she means like Indian, then I would actually believe her because the black population of Guyana is never pure black/full black due to slavery and colonialism. Almost all of them are mixed with either Indian or Native South American, just like African Americans are mixed with white. So she might have distant Indian ancestry. Calling herself 'Caribbean' is probably more accurate than 'black'.

OT (and maybe a bit nitpicky):

Nah, calling herself just 'Caribbean' states nothing more than her cultural ties to a place. Some people from the Caribbean can be white as a napkin (as long as they spend some time in more temperate climates) so if we want to be accurate, we have to say she's a 'Black Caribbean'. She's still Black though and looks like millions of other non light-skinned Black people out there, no matter where she came from.

And if she says she's Asian because she's part Indian, that's a bit funny because I thought that outside of like... the UK, no one ever groups people of Indian descent with other Asians? Caribbeans don't do that (at least, not the French islands/territories), people in the US don't and most people seem to regard India (and Pakistan / Bangladesh / Sri Lanka , etc.) as a separate entity from other Asians.

Anyway, still weird that she brought this after years of being online and not saying a word about that. Even weirder when - said others have mentioned - she used to pretend to have grown up a single child adopted by Russian parents who named her "Yelena" or something.

Posted

I'm not 100% sure but I think Rune mentioned in a livestream that she was part asian? I've only seen part of her's once or twice so I dont 100% remember, but I could have sworn she talked about it at some point casually.

Posted

And then they will drop it as soon as autumn hits. For some cottagecore was part of thei lifestyle far beyond it became a trend. Again, nothing wrong if you are jumping on trend but do so if you genuinely like it not as a aesthetic that you won't keep up. Besides, who says that you have to dress or look a certain way all the time? Why can't you be Scene and Larme or Cottagecore at the same time? Like can to dress by mood or something?

Posted

And then they will drop it as soon as autumn hits. For some cottagecore was part of thei lifestyle far beyond it became a trend. Again, nothing wrong if you are jumping on trend but do so if you genuinely like it not as a aesthetic that you won't keep up. Besides, who says that you have to dress or look a certain way all the time? Why can't you be Scene and Larme or Cottagecore at the same time? Like can to dress by mood or something?

I think the other issue is that no one is following them for that. They got their followers through their current style now they want to jump ship and go cottagecore... it just leaves their audience confused, like what exactly is your style? Because the one you mentioned in your bio isn't matching up with what your posting. 

Ebunny is looking at cottagecore too but also posting Lolita and himekaji tik toks and I’m just lost. I’m not saying you can’t have more than one style, I sure do, but at least let your audience know, especially since that’s what they follow you for and especially when you get interviewed for that specific style 

Posted

Is there anyone like, normal in the Larme or cute soft fashion community? Like seriously if anyone can recommend anyone whether they're in Japan or not (unless it's a requirement for the thread that they need to be living in Japan?) then please let me know lol.

Posted

Is there anyone like, normal in the Larme or cute soft fashion community? Like seriously if anyone can recommend anyone whether they're in Japan or not (unless it's a requirement for the thread that they need to be living in Japan?) then please let me know lol.

I enjoy following rinrindoll I think she’s more Lolita but some of her outfits are larme. I can’t think of any problematic things she’s done. I also like following the models of larme magazine, if I remember more I’ll let you know. 

Posted

People based in Japan are of course preferred but it's 100% fine to talk about other J-fashion folks as well! :alpacacrush: We don't have a general J-fashion influencer thread but I guess we don't need one since there'd likely be a lot of overlap with this thread anyway. In fact, I just remembered Annalena a.k.a burrito_princess. She doesn't live in Japan (yet?) but she's into modern Japanese fashion. I don't know much about her but she seems fine to me. Doesn't set off any red flags. Judging by her bio, I assume she's going to Japan in September?

https://www.instagram.com/burrito_princess/

Here's a glimpse of her style.

untitled1.thumb.PNG.be4e322c980adbdf1606

Posted

I enjoy following rinrindoll I think she’s more Lolita but some of her outfits are larme. I can’t think of any problematic things she’s done. I also like following the models of larme magazine, if I remember more I’ll let you know. 

Omg I love RinRin too! She's been a reliable influencer if I can her that? I like that she's been doing her thing for years: no drama, no bitchiness on the side and her style still evolved while staying in the list of trends she likes.

I was so happy when she was picked by NHK to co-host Kawaii International with Misha Janette. Haven't watched this show in forever but it's nice to see a RinRin fellow-follower out there lol.

Posted

Omg I love RinRin too! She's been a reliable influencer if I can her that? I like that she's been doing her thing for years: no drama, no bitchiness on the side and her style still evolved while staying in the list of trends she likes.

I was so happy when she was picked by NHK to co-host Kawaii International with Misha Janette. Haven't watched this show in forever but it's nice to see a RinRin fellow-follower out there lol.

RinRin is so sweet! I've seen her in Youtube collabs and some of her own vids and she always seems super genuine, she's also knowledgable about lolita and fashion.

Posted (edited)

Edited by Applebee

Posted

There is a Jfashion instagrammer/youtuber named @Schyler_Reighn who is into Lolita(as in the book)/Nympht fashion but is trying to make it not sexual who seems to slowly be becoming popular in the oversea Larme community. She is friends/mutals with Rune and lives in Osaka working as an English Teacher.