• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Blurring names in screenshots

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey all, 

I'm mostly a lurker, so i don't know if this has been suggested yet or enforced ,  if so, I apologise. 

I've seen some screenshots being posted here and there and you can see names of people commenting. I think you should blur names of other people in the screenshot that have nothing to do with the snowflake or subject.

Just a thought. 

Posted

There is no rule for blurring out names because if the comment is made on a public forum then it is a public comment subject to whatever scrutiny the internet may have. PULL will never have a rule on blocking public names of public comments. If you don’t want the world/internet to see your public comment, then don’t make a public comment.

But isn't that against rule 10? 

Posted (edited)

But isn't that against rule 10? 

No, they've chosen to put their name out there publically.

If someone from PULL were to seek out private information by searching the electrol register, or something along those lines, and then post it here that would be against rule 10.

Some people here block out users names. I personally don't though. If it makes you feel more comfortable then you can block them out in your screenshots, nobody will mind. 

Edited by Marilyn