• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Micaela / Ciaela

486 posts in this topic

Posted

Is anyone familiar with Micaela Braithwaite, better known as Micaela? She also goes by Ciaela and she does Japan vlogs. I believe she has done stuff with Sharla before, but has mostly been doing solo videos recently.

YT: https://www.youtube.com/user/mikaeradesu

TWITTER: https://twitter.com/ciaela

IG: https://instagram.com/ciaela

NEW IG: https://www.instagram.com/mikaeradesu/

FB: https://www.facebook.com/ciaela

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/tatsumica

Posted

Yup I like her, she does really good photos and has a nice personality I think.

Posted

:douge:much doge on insta so wow very nice wow:douge:

Posted

YESSSSS. Her dog Kit is so adorable, omfg. :lamaheadshake:

Posted

exactly what I was thinking. Her smiley dog has given my life new meaning :alpacalove:

Posted

actually she is kinda rude. at least from what i recall from a couplke of years ago. a fan would as her a simple question bout japan and she would snap at them like. :"go find you yourself. learn japanese yourself.  no i wont give you advice on were to visit in japan" she used to have a nast attitude and idk if she has gotten better or just become more fake.

Posted

actually she is kinda rude. at least from what i recall from a couplke of years ago. a fan would as her a simple question bout japan and she would snap at them like. :"go find you yourself. learn japanese yourself.  no i wont give you advice on were to visit in japan" she used to have a nast attitude and idk if she has gotten better or just become more fake.

Hm, maybe she's changed from then? I've only started following her within the last two years so maybe it was before that. My major qualm with her videos now is that they allllll seem to be sponsored by something. :alpacafedup:

Posted

she has always been sponsored by something even back then. i used to be big fan till i asked one simple question to her and he fliped out on  me. i mean i understand people might have asked her alot, but its not need to make a fuss and plus its not like she had a video up at the time about it, and when she made one she sounded annoyed.

Posted

I tried to watch it but I did it when she was speaking either Russian/Ukrainian (didn't click the links but I think it's her?) or japanese. So I was like "yep nothing here for me"

Posted

I follow Micaela, she can be stuck up at times and it's hard to get in discussions with her without her pulling out some sort of "I've been here X years so I know better" attitude. But even so, I follow her cus I like her photos and seeing the things she writes about.

Anyways, I thought it was interesting that lately she has been responding to many of Venus Angelic's tweets and just recently posted about work she did with Body Line, the company that Venus is so well known for being screwed over by.

It's a slippery slope lol please don't be a late phase flake.

Posted (edited)

I used to like her, but then when she went all mainstream with the companies paying for her stuff, I lost interest. She stopped doing as original things.

Edit: I want to clarify that I don't hate her, and I wish I could like her again but I just don't care for her content anymore.

Another Edit (2/29): I was thinking about this today, and I do genuinely still like her as a person, I just miss what she used to do. I understand that her career took off and she does what she has to, I'm just a nostalgic oldie fan.

Edited by cruelolive

Posted

Well, I like her? I won't say she's all nice and happy…but hey, whoever showing their life as "nice and happy" is most likely fake af.

She has been sponsored on some videos, but while reading and interacting with her on twitter I've noticed that she won't make videos for anyone who sponsors it. She seems keen on talking good about things she genuinely considers as such.

Not defending her, but I think any foreigner living alone in Japan turns kinda grumpy as living in that over individualist and xenophobe society is indeed quite lonely;  Japanese can really make you feel like an outcast, and that's very very stressing. (I've too, lived there for a while).

I think she's just a normal human ? Loves her dog and can get upset like anyone else.

Posted

Barely getting around to this person's vlog, but not sure what I think of her. She reminds me of that actress Heather Matarazzo, in the eyes and mouth area. When she talks she always looks like someone is about to punch her, like she's ALWAYS flinching/twitching all weird. Is there any particular reason for that? It seems awkward AF.

Just watched her "PROBLEM IN HARAJUKU" video. I feel like she's overreacting, but maybe I'm just heartless. She kept saying how she was offended, which automatically makes me dismiss someone. I see this post hasn't been updated since January, so... any thoughts on her more recent vids?

Posted

There was some drama about her on the jvlogger thread if you go back 2 or 3 pages.  I didn't realize she had her thread.  

You can see the screen shots there where she asked her fans if she should get a job or do patreon.  She complained that she's going bankrupt and there was some drama.  :)

Posted

And they actually did talk about the Harajuku video.... thanks! 

Oh wow, her video about how if she gets a job she won't want to have an internet persona anymore. Seems like almost a threat to her viewers for even suggesting that she should get a part time job. What a baby, then she posted her I'M SORRY emotional video. She's definitely mentally unhinged....