• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

Is sleeping ~16hrs normal

6 posts in this topic

Posted

idfk who else to ask, i havent been outside in 2 weeks and my best friend is ignoring me or something fuckin pog moment

today I slept around 16 hours, only waking up each hour or so, checking to see if she responded to me since her last message was kind of worrying?

I only woke up to play minecraft, now its almost 2am and I'm not even sure if i will sleep at all today. I haven't eaten either. My appetite has kinda gone downhill and since quarantine started i lost around 2kgs (from 53kg to 51kg) out of nowhere, even though I've stopped workout, since my body has no energy from not eating.

I don't know. Am i like, okay lmao???

should i go outside? Call a friend? 

what are you all doing to stay sane at this time?

a921dfab35ef3824efc7aa0332c65634.png

Posted

Oversleeping can actually be just as bad for your body as not sleeping enough. You should still try to sleep about 8 hours per day.

And you lost weight because now you spend 16 out of 24 hours asleep + awake for 8 hours, whereas previously that 16 hours was spent awake and eating in between.

Your time frame for eating has lessened and above that, due to a lack of exercise and regular movement, you don't have an appetite. So of course the combination of both leads to weight loss.

You can fix it by sleeping for 8 hours strictly a day and remembering to eat as regular. 

It's really boring to have nothing to do for 16 hours, I know. A little exercise and yoga at home helps, and maybe find new hobbies in the house, like drawing, reading, cooking, or new stuff on the internet.

Posted

yes it's perfectly normal! 

Posted

I want to say so much that I don’t know where to start)) As a convinced introvert, I can say that two weeks without going out is normal. However, if you have not always behaved this way, this can cause apathy. Hence the desire to sleep all day. It takes a little activity for your brain to shake off sleepy apathy. How do you feel about weeds? If you look at my personal experience, it can help shake things up -  https://weedzy.co.uk/product-category/flowers/  Call your friends, open new forums, start dancing zoom - any movement will be a plus now. The fact is that if you just go with the flow, then depression will come to you in 100% of cases. It will be much worse than now. Make yourself cheer up!

Posted

Of course it's not normal, I'm sure you know that. I hope you're doing better now. I don't know how long you were in quarantine when you posted this, but quarantine can have real negative impact on your wellbeing. We as humans aren't meant to be social distancing.

Posted

Ho man i'm so late to the party, but i'm only realizing now that i have typed out my comment, oops.

I can also tend to oversleep a lot and it's not healthy for your body but mainly for your mind. Here are my tips to help with your problem.

-> You should limit your sleeping to max 10h a day (which is already a lot) and try to set a routine to wake yourself up. If you have something to look forward to, it can greatly help to get yourself out of bed, for me it's drinking coffee and petting my cat.

-> Also if you tend to get sleepy when you're lounging on your bed, try to lounge somewhere else like in a comfy chair. If possible choose somewhere where there is natural light, sun tends to prevent people from falling asleep.

-> Maybe you should send a little text to family you're not living with or other friends to ask how they are doing. I assure you they will be happy to see that you care about them and it will create some much needed social interaction, as none can leads to a negative mindset.

-> I will advise to create a list of stuff you want to try out while being quarantined. Maybe baking, it's pretty popular, comforting, and you  will be glad to have accomplished something (+ you can eat something tasty). Or just a plan to rebuild/upgrade your minecraft house. Maybe you want to try out some new games on Steam ?