• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

What's your Kibbe Body Type?

What's your kibbe id/type   49 votes

1. 1. What's your kibbe id/type

• Dramatic
    • Soft Dramatic
    • Natural
    • Flamboyant Natural
    • Soft Natural
    • Classic
    • Dramatic Classic
    • Soft Classic
    • Gamine
    • Flamboyant Gamine
    • Soft Gamine
    • Romantic
    • Theatrical Romantic
  2. 2. Which body type do you like the most? or Which one would you like to have?

• Dramatic
    • Soft Dramatic
    • Natural
    • Flamboyant Natural
    • Soft Natural
    • Classic
    • Dramatic Classic
    • Soft Classic
    • Gamine
    • Flamboyant Gamine
    • Soft Gamine
    • Romantic
    • Theatrical Romantic

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30 posts in this topic

Posted

I am a pure romantic and tbh, I quite like the classification because it allows me to understand my body better. The definition of being a petite, hourglass that is also soft/wide makes a lot of sense to me. Having small feet, hands, rounded shoulders etc. And the weird thing is that I have a short torso and long legs but I guess the widening effect of the hips and bust, and small hands/feels makes me seem smaller? I always use to wonder why I had high cheekbones but they are never super angular looking. They are always soft, fleshy looking.

For me, clothes have to be tailored and form fitting. Nothing too tight or too lose. It has to be just right.

The thing I love about Kibbies is that I find it very body positive. It gives an accurate portrayal of your body type in a complimentary way. The only downside I feel to my body type is that I don't look good in everything. In fact, I feel like romantics tend to look their best in a very specific style. Like sporty casual wear does not look good on me. It always have to be feminine, tailored or well-fitting clothes.

Posted

I know I'm a natural type, but I'm not sure which one of the three. I'm tall so I should be flamboyant, but I don't feel like I'm naturally muscular/yang enough for that, especially in the face. So I'm not sure.

Posted

I know I'm a natural type, but I'm not sure which one of the three. I'm tall so I should be flamboyant, but I don't feel like I'm naturally muscular/yang enough for that, especially in the face. So I'm not sure.

that's possible!

Muscular/yang doesn't necessarily means having muscle, it's referring to the bone structure.

These are some Flamboyant Natural Women who have a very Yin face and don't look muscular:

0a5abf0c9131dee498ffed8a9754254f.png

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by Firenze
not relevant

Posted

that's possible!

Muscular/yang doesn't necessarily means having muscle, it's referring to the bone structure.

These are some Flamboyant Natural Women who have a very Yin face and don't look muscular:

0a5abf0c9131dee498ffed8a9754254f.png

Ah that's good to know. I'm fairly certain I'm flamboyant natural then, thanks for the imput!

Posted (edited)

I have a question

I've completed the Kibbe quiz multiple times and each time I get TR (Theatrical Romantic) but I don't think I could truly be that particular type because I basically no bust. everything else seems correct but I dunno the bust kinda seems to be a biggish type of tr

Edited by Cutelilcat

Posted

I have a question

I've completed the Kibbe quiz multiple times and each time I get TR (Theatrical Romantic) but I don't think I could truly be that particular type because I basically no bust. everything else seems correct but I dunno the bust kinda seems to be a biggish type of tr

It isn't impossible to be a TR and be flatter chested, so I wouldn't be too worried about that; the Kibbe types are mostly a guideline, and you'd hardly fit perfectly into every category (it's why when you take the test, it takes into consideration the answers you got more frequently, but there's the possibility of having outliers here and there). If you want to be sure that you're a TR, I'd recommend you to wear this type's lines and compare it to you wearing Soft Gamine and Soft Natural lines, as these are somewhat closer to a TR/Romantic.

Posted

I've tried to figure this out a few times now but I honestly can't figure out what I am. I just don't know how my shoulders look or what my hipline is. None of these examples look like me.

Posted (edited)

• I've tried to figure this out a few times now but I honestly can't figure out what I am. I just don't know how my shoulders look or what my hipline is. None of these examples look like me.

That's completely fine, I know it's kinda overwhelming and confusing. 

Maybe this test would be better:

https://theconceptwardrobe.com/the-kibbe-body-type-test

If not, I would suggest you break it down. First, you need to start off with your height. Are you tall, average or short? 

• If you are tall and look tall, You're likely a type of Dramatic or Flamboyant Natural (usually above 5'7ft/170cm)
  • If you are average height and look average height, You're likely a type of Classic or Soft Natural (usually 5'7/170cm to 5'2/158cm)
  • If you are average to short, and look short, You're likely a type of Gamine, a type of Romantic or Soft Natural (usually 5'5/165cm and under)

People usually look like their height. It's rare for someone to look 4+inches taller or shorter than their height. Most people look their height, or only 2inches taller or shorter than their height. 

But If you want to figure out how tall you look and If you actually look like your height, Look at the size of your head in proportioned to your body.

Those who have less than 7 heads look shorter, and Those who have more than 7 heads look taller:

114378dbdeb6627659b1bd87c43f7968.png

This is just an extreme example but it's shows the proportions of a baby to an adult with a small head 

b81c8aa2b8fbc15b6490cc06809d1ef6.png

This isn't following the actual test. I'm just trying to make it simpler but the most noticeable type of shoulders are: 

• the angular and broad 
  • the narrow and tapered

Are your shoulders angular and broad?(If they are, You're likely a Natural, Soft Natural or Flamboyant Natural depending on your height) 

85f9e17272f71af1004a555584e15514.jpg

Do they tapered? Notice how the shoulders above are pointy and the shoulders below slope down? (Gamines or Romantics shoulders)

0f02121abda7cb0d67910d7c3f3f1b01.jpg

The other 2 shoulders are the

• Moderate & Even (shoulders that isn't too angular or tapered, nothing stand out)

d5a8ef913609e6272850cf10729318c0.jpg

• Sharp & Narrow (shoulders that are narrow, angular but not broad)

d53c9ef7732b7c134b9ed1cf60414c23.jpg

My 3rd suggestion is figure out which stereotype/archetype do you fit the most?

• Dramatics- Statuesque & Regal
  • Naturals- Broad Shoulders & Girl Next Door / Effortlessly Sexy
  • Classics- Balanced & Plain Jane/Elegant !
  • Gamines- Youthful & Compact
  • Romantics- Femininity

Lastly, try wearing the clothes of the kibbe types that look most like your body. See which ones look the most harmonious to you.

To put it simply,

• Dramatics- Clothes that showcase a long body & tall height, so long pieces and one color-tone outfits. Plus structured pieces and dramatic clothes.
  • Naturals- Flowy and Unconstructed pieces. Infamously look the best in Bohemian style.
  • Classics- Refined, Simple and Fitted 
  • Gamines- High Neck-Line, Cropped/tapered ends and Color Block outfits.
  • Romantics- Light Fabric and Waist definition.
Edited by Vanna

Posted

@Vanna has been doing a great job of updating the first post on the topic with comparisons of different types, but Aly Art (honestly, I know I promote her a lot lmao) has started a series where she compares an X type to all the other types as well; if you're unsure about your type, you might wanna look into that. So far, she has done Romantics and Dramatics, and I'll link both of them below.

Romantics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meUdYRYXvJs

Dramatics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXTKBUaTFos

Posted

@Vanna has been doing a great job of updating the first post on the topic with comparisons of different types, but Aly Art (honestly, I know I promote her a lot lmao) has started a series where she compares an X type to all the other types as well; if you're unsure about your type, you might wanna look into that. So far, she has done Romantics and Dramatics, and I'll link both of them below.

Romantics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meUdYRYXvJs

Dramatics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXTKBUaTFos

Do you visit the kibbe subreddit? 

for some reason a lot of kibbe enthusiasts are quite rigid and strict :/ 

Posted

Do you visit the kibbe subreddit? 

for some reason a lot of kibbe enthusiasts are quite rigid and strict :/ 

Honestly, I don't look into it all that much, it's good for some fashion inspiration, but I don't take it too seriously. People get really heated when you stray away from stereotypes and think outside the box: I've read some misleading comments, like saying all Gamine types have big heads and that's a "dead giveaway" of a Gamine, and most people over there don't really get the concept of vertical lines either. I always take their opinions with a grain of salt.

Posted

Honestly, I don't look into it all that much, it's good for some fashion inspiration, but I don't take it too seriously. People get really heated when you stray away from stereotypes and think outside the box: I've read some misleading comments, like saying all Gamine types have big heads and that's a "dead giveaway" of a Gamine, and most people over there don't really get the concept of vertical lines either. I always take their opinions with a grain of salt.

I don't take it too seriously either, but it's the only active kibbe community I know. Some of them act like david kibbe created human bodies, and they act as if he hasn't changed his own rules and contradicted himself. They categorize bodies in this black or white way of thinking. 

Yeah you're right. They don't get the concept of vertical lines. What astounded me is how many of them refused to acknowledge body proportions. That is not something you'd ever expect from people that's into analyzing bodies.

Kibbe in essence encouraged people to be accepting of their body but the community that's into Kibbe has an issue with policing people and scaring them off, it's kinda ironic. I think the idea of categorizing people based on set rules is what attracted them to Kibbe, maybe that's why they act the way they do. It's good that I already get the gist of Kibbe and no longer need to interact with them to understand Kibbe.

Posted

I don't take it too seriously either, but it's the only active kibbe community I know. Some of them act like david kibbe created human bodies, and they act as if he hasn't changed his own rules and contradicted himself. They categorize bodies in this black or white way of thinking. 

Yeah you're right. They don't get the concept of vertical lines. What astounded me is how many of them refused to acknowledge body proportions. That is not something you'd ever expect from people that's into analyzing bodies.

Kibbe in essence encouraged people to be accepting of their body but the community that's into Kibbe has an issue with policing people and scaring them off, it's kinda ironic. I think the idea of categorizing people based on set rules is what attracted them to Kibbe, maybe that's why they act the way they do. It's good that I already get the gist of Kibbe and no longer need to interact with them to understand Kibbe.

Exactly. Most people over there are so worried about "fitting" what's considered typical of a certain type that they get tunnel vision - then they're often mistyping themselves and/or others because they can't see past a stereotype, and give up any autonomy or critical thinking. Say you disagree with the extinction of the pure G, N and C types and you'll be stoned lmao.

And ngl, I know that the whole concept of vertical line is a bit abstract and subjective (it's ultimately based on your perception and compared to other people and the overall average), so I get that it stirrs up confusion, but some people are just completely off! It mostly comes from the idea that all types are proportional all along, so if you have long limbs you automatically have a long vertical line, which isn't true: with Gamine and Natural types, the yin-yang balance is a bit more blurred and can manifest differently in different people even when it comes to the same type. SGs, for instance, have some yang in their skeleton, so they might have limbs that are more elongated, which makes them look a bit more lanky, though still short (think Eartha Kitt, for instance).

I know there's a Facebook group, but idk how good or how bad it is (frankly, I haven't had a Facebook page in almost ten years and I don't intend to go back).

Posted (edited)

I just found out about Kibbe body types a few weeks ago. I am a romantic type but I absolutely adore dramatic types. So hot

Edited by Indigo7