• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

DissociaDID / Dissociative Identity Disorder youtubers

143 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I kinda want to talk about this person. I think her name is Chloe and she claims she has 22 alters including non human ones

She says she has DID or dissociative identity disorder, a mental disorder that's very controversial as many psychiatrists say it doesn't exist. Dissociative identity disorder (DID), previously known as multiple personality disorder (MPD), is a mental disorder characterized by the maintenance of at least two distinct and relatively enduring personality states. People with DID say they have "alters", other personalities, that coexist in their head. They can be a different age than of the "host" and some people even claim their alters are non human (demon, animal), famous people (Rose from the Titanic) or that some of their alters are autistic while some aren't (I call bullshit and fetishization on this one)

Link to the DissociaDID channel

I wanted to start a thread about her because she seems very fake to me. Some people have been acting DID on youtube before. There are other youtubers on this subject like Team Pinata and Multiplicityandme but I don't think there's enough drama to start an individual thread on each of them because they're all mainly being accused of the same thing : lying and acting their disorder.

What do you think about this subject?

Edited by Nakimae

Posted

"if they lie, they die!"

just as any disorder, faking it is just entitled. 

Posted

i used to subscribe to that chloe girl's channel before but forgot that i actually subscribed and when she pops up on my recommendation a few months ago i checked her again then unsubcribe bc i just smell bs-ness from her.

Posted

Yeah that's why I opened this topic, there used to be a person named Autumn who did very cringey meet my alters videos. Also they all seem to wear different makeup when it's another personality? In France a youtuber did similar videos and she got debunked. They're just so fishy

Posted (edited)

Yeah that's why I opened this topic, there used to be a person named Autumn who did very cringey meet my alters videos. Also they all seem to wear different makeup when it's another personality? In France a youtuber did similar videos and she got debunked. They're just so fishy

theres a lolcow topic specifically on did youtubers, one has said autumn admitted at one point of being fake, and there have been more who have eventually been exposed as fakers. I think a lot of people are hesitant calling out people with mental health disorders.

but theres somethining off about Chloe,  I dont know what it is....but dont say it in her video comments though cause how dare you attack the mentally ill!

Overall her bubbly personality is one thing that seems to overlap in all her so called alters as well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L3lm2HXD1T8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UxqKEBoqybA

I  cringed so hard at this...I found all the alters feel more like fictional made stereotypical characters rather than actual different people... and then found myself shocked how everyone fell right into it....

Edited by Kiko

Posted

I'll give her this, she's very creative. But I think it's all bs.

Posted (edited)

I just found this

https://www.reddit.com/r/DID/comments/bh1h1u/why_i_despise_most_youtubers_who_claim_to_have/

Apparently there ARE more people than I thought

Some quotes 

"You may not know Nan. I do. I know every little slimy crevice of that rock they climbed out under. They are absolutely a malingerer. As a couple there ain't much you don't know about each other. You know where the bodies are buried cause you still have the shovel in your trunk. So let me be perfectly frank: Chloe lied to you. They lied to you the way Nan lied to me. For sixteen months, every day, to my face. Cause that's what con artists do. Of which they are 100%."

"I've just found this channel and she is literally the worst actress I have ever seen. It's so cringe. Your story is absolutely heartbreaking and you are completely validated in how you feel. I don't know why everyone else on this thread can't see the blatant acting lol...."

"

DissociaDID is full of shit. "This music triggers me to switch lol!" ...no, that's called having fucking moods and emotions.

She can't even be bothered to edit her videos to keep her stupid stories straight. "When I switch, I can't remember what I was just doing."

Then she switches "on camera" and continues the conversation she was having previously."

These are all comments written within the past year. Seems like yo me more people are having their doubts then....

However the fast majority still defends her.

Edited by Kiko

Posted

I'm no psychiatrist or psychologist, but this girl really rubs me off the wrong way.

Idk, she seems to fetishize having DID to a certain extent (I won't even bother to discuss whether she actually has it or not), like all of these videos where we meet her alters, switching on camera... What's the purpose of that? Does her audience really wants to understand DID, how it is to live with a disorder like that, or is it just for the show, like some sort of Hollywood gimmick? A lot of times, I'm inclined to think it's the latter. If she does have DID, she is playing it up for attention.

Shifting is an exhausting process triggered by a stressfull event, yet she shifts five times a video out of nowhere and seems completely fine? Then she says "oh, I'm Native American" or shit like that, knowing she's white and we supposed to not be uncomfortable (and though I do know some alters might have a different gender/ethnicity/sexuality, shouldn't the host, who edits the videos and owns the channel, take responsibility to make a disclaimer about that)? Not to mention how all of her alters seem knowledgable on everything the host is...

Besides, it seems really wrong to be capitalizing on a mental disorder like she is, her channel is barely educational and more of a flashy "look! Aren't I special?" thing. It bothers me that she's taking gifts and Patreon money too (having a Patreon is fine, but all of the gifts, idk... Seems fishy and attention-seeking).

Personally, I think it's a lot more likely that she has either complex PTSD or DDNOS, but not DID. Her story is too inconsistent to be sure of it, but the symptoms don't quite match the criteria for DID, but that's just speculation on my part.

Posted

The one problem is that at the same time she claims she has all of the kinds of alters you possibly can, they of course are really different from each other and it’s a ton of them, but there’s no background to her story. I mean situation like this is very rare and highly complicated (usually people have way less personas and they don’t switch that rapidly). People with “common” depression have to meet their psychiatrist and therapist very often to keep their life together and balance everything out. But here we do have not only very uncommon disorder, but also an extreme example of it which makes it also highly dangerous in everyday life. (You can physically hurt yourself, get lost, behave in a risky way, everything). So it really require a lot of professional help to diagnose and keep track of it. But she doesn’t really tell anything about her diagnosis, her story, her way of living with disorder, just a lot of things linked to stuff like shared passion for makeup etc. I mean... in a such serious case her getting medical help would probably be much more common situation than making videos about clothes and makeups for her alters. It seems shady.

Posted

I just found this

https://www.reddit.com/r/DID/comments/bh1h1u/why_i_despise_most_youtubers_who_claim_to_have/

Apparently there ARE more people than I thought

Some quotes 

"You may not know Nan. I do. I know every little slimy crevice of that rock they climbed out under. They are absolutely a malingerer. As a couple there ain't much you don't know about each other. You know where the bodies are buried cause you still have the shovel in your trunk. So let me be perfectly frank: Chloe lied to you. They lied to you the way Nan lied to me. For sixteen months, every day, to my face. Cause that's what con artists do. Of which they are 100%."

"I've just found this channel and she is literally the worst actress I have ever seen. It's so cringe. Your story is absolutely heartbreaking and you are completely validated in how you feel. I don't know why everyone else on this thread can't see the blatant acting lol...."

"

DissociaDID is full of shit. "This music triggers me to switch lol!" ...no, that's called having fucking moods and emotions.

She can't even be bothered to edit her videos to keep her stupid stories straight. "When I switch, I can't remember what I was just doing."

Then she switches "on camera" and continues the conversation she was having previously."

These are all comments written within the past year. Seems like yo me more people are having their doubts then....

However the fast majority still defends her.

To add to that, I’ve seen a suspicion somewhere that Chloe sock puppets on Reddit.

There are several threads on her and whenever a negative comment is made, a number of accounts with no history leap to her defence.

The user who claims to have known Nan personally was labelled an abuser and attacked quite personally by one account.

I’ve seen mention in general that Chloe is very defensive and deletes any and all negative comments from her social media.

Posted

To add to that, I’ve seen a suspicion somewhere that Chloe sock puppets on Reddit.

There are several threads on her and whenever a negative comment is made, a number of accounts with no history leap to her defence.

The user who claims to have known Nan personally was labelled an abuser and attacked quite personally by one account.

I’ve seen mention in general that Chloe is very defensive and deletes any and all negative comments from her social media.

it wouldn't surprise me! I've noticed She has deleted my comments as well, she refuses to respond to any sort of criticism indeed.

Yet also has almost 600,000 YouTube subscribers too. Cant believe it tbh...her followers are so blind. And the patreon and gifts receiving is even more maddening .

I also love how she lectures the media on sensationalising DID..

yet she herself makes a ton if clickbaity title with "SWITCH CAUGH ON CAMERA!!!"

Posted

Yeah I have a psychiatry student friend and she told me that dissociative disorders exist but they're really not as spectacular as like 8 alters that look like fanfiction boys 

Posted

it wouldn't surprise me! I've noticed She has deleted my comments as well, she refuses to respond to any sort of criticism indeed.

Yet also has almost 600,000 YouTube subscribers too. Cant believe it tbh...her followers are so blind. And the patreon and gifts receiving is even more maddening .

I also love how she lectures the media on sensationalising DID..

yet she herself makes a ton if clickbaity title with "SWITCH CAUGH ON CAMERA!!!"

But it’s EDUMACATIONAL!

Posted

I watched a few videos of her and now she keeps popping up in my recommended. She has a ghost alter and just saying that seems like its completely fake. I believe DID exists but this girl is playing stereotypes. The sexual girl, the adhd 17 year old, the butch lesbian. Those are not real personalities.