• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

katieaegi

3064 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm not gonna watch the video, and I don't remember details about Katie's history super specifically, but I highly, highly, highly doubt that the Korean police recommended she leave Korea. I'm sorry, but the Korean police are infamous for being pretty terrible at their jobs, especially when it comes to foreigners (and foreign women specifically). They constantly just want you to shrug things off and move on (oh, someone punched you in the face? Just apologize to each other, boom done. You got into an accident and the Korean person is now claiming you are 100% responsible? Eh, we can't be bothered to get CCTV or road cameras to check. C'mon, just accept the penalty fees and move on. Someone stalking you? Hey, what can be done? etc etc etc), and seem to view doing their jobs as a hassle. I just cannot believe they actively took an interest in Katie and wanted to help her out to the point where they were actively looking out for her well-being and advising her where to live. Not to mention most speak very little Korean and resist translators, so how was she even communicating with them? To me, the part about her ex bf and the police just screams bullshit, which makes me doubt a lot of her other answers.

(Also when I was in Korea people randomly took pictures of me, and I'm nothing special AT ALL so that doesn't really mean anything, sorry Katie.)

Posted (edited)

She apologized about one thing.. And didn’t even completely own up to it. She brought it upon herself that she can’t resume a social media presence. She didn’t mention a ton of things Katie has done that there’s evidence of (Homophobic comments, fat shaming, doxxing people, etc.) I posted proof on here just a few weeks ago that she had been stalking and harassing my friend under fake accounts and she had forgotten not to use one of them as her personal.  And yeah, no way did the police care that much about an undocumented girls boyfriend to tell her to leave the country for her safety or whatever. She probably just ran out of money.

Edited by excusemeimbaby

Posted (edited)

i noticed she tried to say like she is above this now and doesnt attack any more and lets people just have their opinions even mentioning that she wants to stray away from this as a whole but she was very bothered attacking others and now doing interviews like girl just get off the social media or some thing or just practice what you preach 

Edited by soldiboii

Posted

The interviewer mentions in a pinned comment that she didn't publish the parts where they discussed Katie harassing and bullying people online, to protect their identities. That's understandable but it's also the number one reason why she received so much backlash online so the interview feels very incomplete without it. 

Posted

I’m really late to this, I also promised myself to never visit one of these sites again, but fuck it. I’ve had this account on deck in case I wanted to tell my story, and the interview has made me want to come out. I apologize in advanced if this seems like I’m blogposting, but I really need to get this off my chest

I was one of the original members of the “Cyberbullies” group chat that harassed Katie. I was about 14 or 13 when the group got started, the oldest in the group was a 19 year old, the youngest was a middle schooler (I want to say 7th grade, but I could be wrong). It  started off with us just talking about her (some people joined and left), I can’t remember who started it. We made videos mocking her and some memes and sent them to it, talked about our personal lives, and a bunch of other shit.

I was a 9th grade shut-in with no friends, and doing this gave me what I thought was a family. I pushed my own insecurities on others, and, while I still despise the fetishization of Asians, I’m less likely to call out people about it. It created drama and I don’t feel like it’s my place to call them out. 

I’m happier now, I have friends, I’m out of highschool, and I’m pursuing something I love. It’s been literal years since I’ve last been involved in online drama... However, I digress.

We tried to catfish Katie (who, in return, catfished us) and mocked other koreaboos. I still, to this day, feel incredibly guilty about what we did. The 19 year old doxxed Katie (we never spread it around, but that girl posted some of Katie’s information) and Katie (unintentionally...I think?) doxxed one of the members. The youngest member told us stories about a guy she liked (we nicknamed him ‘Sophomore Boy’) and we confided in eachother about our problems. Katie knows/knew my full name because I was stupid and flaunted it. We reached out to her brother (who said white people were superior, but honestly we said shit too) and her dad. It was an entire mess, and I left soon after and deleted my account.

I still follow one other member, she’s moved on too. I don’t speak to her.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Posted

I’m really late to this, I also promised myself to never visit one of these sites again, but fuck it. I’ve had this account on deck in case I wanted to tell my story, and the interview has made me want to come out. I apologize in advanced if this seems like I’m blogposting, but I really need to get this off my chest

I was one of the original members of the “Cyberbullies” group chat that harassed Katie. I was about 14 or 13 when the group got started, the oldest in the group was a 19 year old, the youngest was a middle schooler (I want to say 7th grade, but I could be wrong). It  started off with us just talking about her (some people joined and left), I can’t remember who started it. We made videos mocking her and some memes and sent them to it, talked about our personal lives, and a bunch of other shit.

I was a 9th grade shut-in with no friends, and doing this gave me what I thought was a family. I pushed my own insecurities on others, and, while I still despise the fetishization of Asians, I’m less likely to call out people about it. It created drama and I don’t feel like it’s my place to call them out. 

I’m happier now, I have friends, I’m out of highschool, and I’m pursuing something I love. It’s been literal years since I’ve last been involved in online drama... However, I digress.

We tried to catfish Katie (who, in return, catfished us) and mocked other koreaboos. I still, to this day, feel incredibly guilty about what we did. The 19 year old doxxed Katie (we never spread it around, but that girl posted some of Katie’s information) and Katie (unintentionally...I think?) doxxed one of the members. The youngest member told us stories about a guy she liked (we nicknamed him ‘Sophomore Boy’) and we confided in eachother about our problems. Katie knows/knew my full name because I was stupid and flaunted it. We reached out to her brother (who said white people were superior, but honestly we said shit too) and her dad. It was an entire mess, and I left soon after and deleted my account.

I still follow one other member, she’s moved on too. I don’t speak to her.

i have one question: what mad y'all think any of this was ok?? like what motivated y'all to harass this person??

also did the group die or did you just leave

Posted (edited)

Well thats a bit random ?? i must say i remember one time someone posted that Katie also had one of those ‘bully’ group chats that exposed Koreaboos that didnt like her and she also got her mini  kboo friends in the group chats to expose girls who hated on her, making fake accounts and stuff....which is totally ironic...? Lol all this stuff was totally forever ago omg. !! Katie was not innocent and neither were you guys clearly...i didnt see Katie say sorry for that before or in the interview but its good you grew up from some of that @Ravenesque

Edited by soldiboii

Posted

Okay, main question: what was your goal for saying this? Just...to hear your side of the story? Because I don't think any of us were really that curious about the history of people who made fake accounts to harass someone (even if that someone is Katie). Like, why did you feel the ned to come on here and tell us all of this? Genuinely confused.

Also, it's good that you feel guilty about everything, but I hope you recognize that being "a shut in with no friends" does not excuse being a massive asshole and harassing someone and generally doing mean shit. If you had just made or joined a group bitching about Katie or other people you didn't like, perfectly fine (in fact, welcome to PULL lol) but to actively harass her, spend time making hate accounts, spread stuff about her....you took it too far and it kind of seems like you're making excuses for it by saying you were unhappy etc. Katie imho seems like a kind of shitty person who seemed to be making excuses for her old crappy behavior in the recent interview, but you also seem like kind of a shitty person who is making excuses for your old crappy behavior. What you did was messed up, no need to try to excuse it away.  

It's great that you're happy now, and great that you feel bad about what you did....I just hope when you start feeling unhappy again you don't spend all your time and energy being actively malicious and cruel toward some rando on the internet. Maybe a lot of people on this thread will disagree with me because Katie is pretty much universally loathed, but I just have a hard time thinking anyone deserves that level of hate, even Katie. I can't believe it, but your actions actually made me really pity the girl. :/ 

Posted

Okay, main question: what was your goal for saying this? Just...to hear your side of the story? Because I don't think any of us were really that curious about the history of people who made fake accounts to harass someone (even if that someone is Katie). Like, why did you feel the ned to come on here and tell us all of this? Genuinely confused.

Also, it's good that you feel guilty about everything, but I hope you recognize that being "a shut in with no friends" does not excuse being a massive asshole and harassing someone and generally doing mean shit. If you had just made or joined a group bitching about Katie or other people you didn't like, perfectly fine (in fact, welcome to PULL lol) but to actively harass her, spend time making hate accounts, spread stuff about her....you took it too far and it kind of seems like you're making excuses for it by saying you were unhappy etc. Katie imho seems like a kind of shitty person who seemed to be making excuses for her old crappy behavior in the recent interview, but you also seem like kind of a shitty person who is making excuses for your old crappy behavior. What you did was messed up, no need to try to excuse it away.  

It's great that you're happy now, and great that you feel bad about what you did....I just hope when you start feeling unhappy again you don't spend all your time and energy being actively malicious and cruel toward some rando on the internet. Maybe a lot of people on this thread will disagree with me because Katie is pretty much universally loathed, but I just have a hard time thinking anyone deserves that level of hate, even Katie. I can't believe it, but your actions actually made me really pity the girl. :/ 

I guess I posted here because I needed to vent about it. Honestly, you’re completely right. There’s no excuse for my past behaviour, and I’m sorry. I have held all this in for years and just needed a release, I’ve moved on from my past ways and have better outlets for my issues.

If Katie’s reading this, then I’m sorry, truly. 

Posted

Kinda reeks of a sock puppet

Posted

So found her new insta.....boring & still following all of her korean men ! How many accounts has she made ????? Update; sorry she keeps changing her pic and username over and over 

97FDAFCE-2741-44E9-AEF0-39EC8DD090EB.jpeg

I randomly found her around the same time you posted this and have been creeping her silently ever since and she hasn’t changed her username once? It was and still remains @yeonniek99 and her picture is still the same which is unlike her as we know so even I am surprised she has kept both the same and isn’t private. Seems like she’s maturing and wants to have a voice after hiding away for so long or just doesn’t gaf anymore? Idk.  

I think the interview did her some good, more information and topics could and should of been mentioned though.

Posted

Kinda reeks of a sock puppet

As a few others said, there would be no goal in posting that? Also, I find it really convenient that this person decides to air out their dirty laundry right after that awful interview where she genuinely doesn't own up to her actions especially ones about bullying and harassment. Even with proof that she is still doing that recently. Then all of a sudden this person shows up? It's kind of sus. 

Plus it's been a thing that sockpuppets have been messaging members here recently (enough to bring it up) so I wouldn't be surprised if it is one: 

1.thumb.JPG.b1aabd3ad0caa7e3735818fe23e5

Posted

when she was asked about her scripted videos and how people corrected her on her Korean....chiiild the explanation was so dumb. "You can pronounce the same word differently" what? WHEN? Everytime I learned a new language we always followed the same pronunciation, and i always heard it being spoken the SAME way. Stop being so stupid and admit YOUR.KOREAN.SUCKS.

Posted (edited)

I honestly don’t understand why she had to justify her bad pronunciation amongst other things? Like honestly if you’re so used to speaking a certain language, you will more likely than not pronounce a new one wrong, I’m relatively used to non-koreans pronouncing words wrong but are still understandable on shows, or foreigners on chinese programmes literally being hyped for how good their mandarin is who are still slightly off in pronunciation? Imo, it’s not something that needs justification but it’s either the kboo crackdown or her taking it as a call out that she’s “not korean enough” (and will never be??) or both

Edited by watermelonns