• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

Angelika Oles

281 posts in this topic

Posted

Schermafbeelding_2020-02-22_om_14.07.05.

Youtube (Angelika Oles)  // Instagram @itsangelaa_xo // Twitter @itsangelaa_xo

Basic info

Angelika Oles is a 19 year old drama youtuber. On her youtube channel she has 490k subscribers, she has 63,9k followers on instagram and 66,5k followers on twitter. From what I could find online about her she seems to be born in Poland but was raised in England where she still lives right now. She's also in school studying law and her Youtube channel is basically her job. I assume she's still living at home with her family, but I'm not sure and tbh not really relevant either. But correct me if you see any misinfo and please share anything you feel should be added 😁

Her youtube channel

At the beginning of Angelika's youtube career she made reaction videos. She soon switched to more commentary style videos. Two of her most popular videos are the "Zoella the scammer" and "Scamella strikes again" videos which both had over 1m views which greatly boosted her channel growth. After this she started making more of these types of videos on drama involving various online personalities like Jeffree Star, James Charles, Gabbie Hanna, Tana Mongeau, Danielle Cohn, etc. etc. basically turning her youtube channel into a drama channel. She now posts videos 2 times a week where she talks about multiple trending controversies in each video.

Now why do I think she's worthy of her own pull topic?

No matter how hard Angelika tries to play to neutral unbiased "reporter" role, her bias is clearly showing. Especially when it comes to Gabbie Hanna. Now I personally don't like Gabbie Hanna as much as the next person but somehow Angelika manages to talk about Gabbie Hanna in almost every one of her videos lately. It seems every breath Gabbie takes has to be reported on and ranted about. 

Biggest problem I have with her is her hypocrisy. Angelika likes to preach about various things like the importance of transparency and constructive criticism. Angelika's dislike for Gabbie Hanna seems to stem from Gabbie Hanna's reactions to criticism in the past. For more info on that open the spoiler below,

Particularly the Kenza cosmetics scandal, in which Gabbie Hanna promoted make up brushes that were basically a scam. When called out for this Gabbie Hanna responded saying "manage your expectations" in regards to her unhappy fans receiving the cheap brushes (or no at all) which were advertised as expensive. As a ongoing joke on Angelika's channel she uses this quote as a playful jab (nothing wrong there).

But of course some of her viewers are kind of tired of Angelika's excessive talking about Gabbie Hanna. In reaction to this small amount of commenters she included this rant in one of her videos, which I feel like perfectly highlights her hypocrisy regarding criticism and her greed. Just because there were only a few who complained doesn't make their criticism any less valid. It seems that exactly because there were only a few, she doesn't value their opinion. To her it's about what the numbers are telling her because she's more interested in gaining views aka money. She's well within her right to continue using Gabbie Hanna for views but she could've easily just ignored the handful of people complaining. 

Recently Gabbie Hanna was involved in a controversy once again. This video explains the situation quite well in a short format. Of course Angelika talked about this as well and even defended Gabbie initially. But just because of a few tags she flips her opinion around? Does it even matter what she has to say at this point if she's so easily displeased? She constantly flip flops in her opinions and thus constantly contradicting herself.

Angelika Oles has become a prime example of toxic drama channels. 

• Giant hypocrite and her opinions constantly change and contradict each other
  • Nitpicking and reaching just for the sake of stretching the video time and putting a big name in the title/thumbnail
  • Dishing out a lot of criticism but she doesn't even follow it herself

More and more people have come to dislike Angelika for her behaviour and I think it's time to create a space where people can discuss her freely.

Posted

Lol I was thinking someone would make a thread about her here.

Imo she's probably one of the more measured drama channels, but maybe that's because I judge everyone by the Keemstar standard who admittedly isn't very measured, so that might not be saying much.

The thing that I think isn't great about what she's doing is that she's studying law while doing this channel. As much as I think she's measured in comparison to other drama channels, her channel and her demeanour aren't appropriate if she wants to go into a professional career. Maybe she'll do YT full time after graduating so it won't matter but if she's aiming to get a job in law imo she doesn't conduct herself professionally enough in her videos.

Posted (edited)

Moments that highlight her hypocrisy and money being her only motivation:

*Hops onto James Charles hating bandwagon 

*Nvm, let's hate on Tati

*Nvm who the fuck cares I made money

Her opinion is very flexible considering that she called herself a commentary channel before (forgot to mention that in my previous post). She also shows how money is the most important and people still stan and support her while her only motivation are numbers. Why do people support someone who openly doesn't give a fuck about you?

20200222_210820.thumb.jpg.0c35f3344fed668145d04ac6a6920713.jpg

20200222_210833.jpg.5a7e636cc02da2e7444e8b8bf8098b15.jpg

20200222_210753.jpg.1ae5ded894c3308d81039b8f726fc9c1.jpg

Edited by shady

Posted

there's one petty thing i don't like about her. she says she wanted to get monetized and sponsored so bad in order to have a cartier bracelet. i mean its a little thing and she's self aware but still...

Posted

Moments that highlight her hypocrisy and money being her only motivation:

*Hops onto James Charles hating bandwagon 

*Nvm, let's hate on Tati

*Nvm who the fuck cares I made money

Her opinion is very flexible considering that she called herself a commentary channel before (forgot to mention that in my previous post). She also shows how money is the most important and people still stan and support her while her only motivation are numbers. Why do people support someone who openly doesn't give a fuck about you?

20200222_210820.thumb.jpg.0c35f3344fed668145d04ac6a6920713.jpg

20200222_210833.jpg.5a7e636cc02da2e7444e8b8bf8098b15.jpg

20200222_210753.jpg.1ae5ded894c3308d81039b8f726fc9c1.jpg

Oof that last tweet is just plain fucking gross. Nice thread @pastei :alpacacrush:

Posted

I used to really enjoy her videos because it was really obvious that she did her research thoroughly and cover both sides of the stories quite well ( and also she didn't ramble on about pointless stuff). But now? She's so annoying and her constant 3 mins rambling on the start of each videos about her personal life just irks me because thats why I subscribed to her in the first place- because she gets straight to the point. 

She also doesn't do her research as well as before. For an example during the Gabbie Hannah and Jessi Smiles drama where she inserted a FB post by one of their friend and she just said its a random viner when most drama channel said it was their mutual friend or smth. Idk its quite disapointing to see her content go quite downhill, esp with the constant "mini-teas" vids cause it seems like shes just uploading for the sake of uploading and to show that she sticks to a schedule lol.   

Also quite unrelated but when she mentioned in one of her vid that she considered wanting to drop out off uni to focus on yt full time, thats when I unsub cause shes slowly becoming like the people she criticize.

Posted

Idk its quite disapointing to see her content go quite downhill, esp with the constant "mini-teas" vids cause it seems like shes just uploading for the sake of uploading and to show that she sticks to a schedule lol.   

Also quite unrelated but when she mentioned in one of her vid that she considered wanting to drop out off uni to focus on yt full time, thats when I unsub cause shes slowly becoming like the people she criticize.

Her mini-tea is nitpicking and irrelevant news. She has click bait titles that will bring her money, ahe couldn't care less about the quality lol. We all said or did something mini-tea worthy since we used the internet so did she. I mean, her tweets I gathered from summer of 2019 till now is more or less mini-tea material. It just encourages this toxic mentality of canceling and attacking people for smallest inconveniences they've said. I never did that nor supported but I think it's okay in Angelica's case since she likes to point out people's wrongdoings the same way. 

Also, people dropping out of college, focusing full-time on yt and spending all of their money on useless material things like Cartier as if they will be earning the same for the rest of their life. I just can't understand people that dumb that don't think what would they do if their YouTube career is over. If she was smart, she would've save that money and invest it and if that doesn't work she would still have her law degree. 

Posted

I used to really enjoy her videos because it was really obvious that she did her research thoroughly and cover both sides of the stories quite well ( and also she didn't ramble on about pointless stuff). But now? She's so annoying and her constant 3 mins rambling on the start of each videos about her personal life just irks me because thats why I subscribed to her in the first place- because she gets straight to the point. 

She also doesn't do her research as well as before. For an example during the Gabbie Hannah and Jessi Smiles drama where she inserted a FB post by one of their friend and she just said its a random viner when most drama channel said it was their mutual friend or smth. Idk its quite disapointing to see her content go quite downhill, esp with the constant "mini-teas" vids cause it seems like shes just uploading for the sake of uploading and to show that she sticks to a schedule lol.   

Yea she's not putting in any effort anymore. She's only putting effort in reaching and nitpicking to talk about as many big names as she can in each video. I used to watch her a lot as well but her videos has really gone to shit and her attitude has really changed or maybe she's just more comfortable showing her real self Idk. 

Posted

Ugh this girl. I subbed a while back because she seemed quite intelligent and put effort into her videos. I liked that she was studying law and (presumably) planning to become a lawyer. Now her videos are not only lazy, but they're also cash grabs. She seems so incredibly money-hungry, and she censors her videos SO MUCH just to get adsense. Hell, in a recent video she whined in the beginning about getting demonetized and joked about censoring her videos even further. It's annoying as all hell.

She used to be pretty cool and hard working. Now she's just a greedy nitpicker.

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by cluelessmai

Posted (edited)

A little more material:

Isn't that what she encourages her fans to send her and then giver her one dimensional opinion everyone wants to hear on her channel (wasn't she a commentary channel) ? Like I said, I don't support this this behavior, but since she does this but acts like it's wrong unless it benefits her, than I find it okay in her case. 

Exposing someone as abusive, pedophile or rapist is completely different than finding someone that commented some dumb racist stereotypes that probably didn't have the guts to actually say it in someone's face. It can be offensive especially to a group it was aimed at but these things shouldn't be put into the same category.

20200222_211001.jpg.870bdaeb72ec179140d231332519782f.jpg

20200222_211032.thumb.jpg.3442ce530f79cfe5edf198f2f2815a52.jpg

I remember when some male mua was sucking up to Nikita Dragun on Twitter and Angelika exposed him for tweeting years ago the same as JK Rowling said about trans. Like, this dude was unknown and she really wanted to ruin his career and make him be remembered for some tweet from a couple of years ago that wasn't even hate speech. Yes, it was dumb to suck up to a trans woman after saying something that will hurt them but that was just mean of both of them. It wouldn't surprise me if Angelika actually agreed with him lol. 

Edited by shady

Posted

Never gotten through her video's she's just very boring to me.

Posted

I went back and watched some of her older videos and I realised how much her quality has dropped. When she made more commentary style videos where she talked about 1 topic, she actually gave her opinion and did research on something she herself wanted to speak about. Now it seems like she just gets tweets from her followers in order to chase the most up to date or the hottest drama happening in order to pump out as many videos a week.

She honestly should've stayed with the old style of videos because her channel is just her and an editor, it's not like she has a small team where it's feasible for her to chase the most up to date drama.

I do think that the YT monetization rules are so scummy and it's moronic that people like Jay Station and Onision still have channels on this site and presumably have monetized content when regular channels can't even say the word 'dead' without getting their adsense taken away or restricted. There are content creators where their sole income is via adsense/ YT, so I get the issues she as with the platform, but her constant talking about getting demonetized is rubbing me the wrong way as well.

Posted

Her attitude is really off-putting, plus I can't stand how she says "sis" every 5 minutes. She comes off as really condescending. There's plenty of other dramatic channels that are run by likeable people, like Spill Sesh. Watching one of her vids feels like just talking to a friend. Meanwhile I feel like I'm being judged and talked down to when I watch Angelika's videos, somehow.