• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R - videos #3

232 posts in this topic

Posted

The criticism has been about Tom's business not the fact that he is rich. If Taylor thinks people dislike Tom because of his wealth and not his shady dealings it really shows how privileged and entitled she is.

Posted

Not really about the Tom being rich but the fact he has a shady business, Taylor lied about buying her way by being a model with no help, had an attractiveness to lolis at one point. 

this and also, we all dragged her for being willing to look the other way regarding his questionable taste towards younger girls (dare i say kids, cause some were minors, and tay looking younger too) all because he's rich and provides her with a nice comfortable life. is he was a decent person with money i bet no one here could care less lol. 

But hey, exploiting kids is fine as long as she can pump her face with plastic and mope around her huge ass apartment in HK all day pretending her life is super hard because she can't find friends and a damn therapist.

Posted

lmao above all so true

I remember way back; everyone was scratching their heads about how on earth she could live an over and beyond comfortable lifestyle (nice apartment, taking taxis everywhere, expensive decorations, etc) in Japan while seemly not doing many modeling jobs - let alone not even being a successful model. The only reasonable answer was that she was a trust fundie, but no one saw it coming that she was dating her older ceo boss lmaooooo. Everything just clicked in that second.

Obviously just wished she was more transparent about it. I feel like Tom is a shady lost cause, but I think Taylor could be a more successful youtuber if she can figure out how to show an interesting lifestyle in a balanced humble way. She has all the time and money in the world to show some really cool stuff about Hong Kong or/and Japan imo

Posted

I really wish Taylor would incorporate learning Chinese in her videos. Like maybe doing some kind of mini-series or something on it.
She tries to use it sometimes very briefly in some videos, but I feel like she still hasn't learned much, which is such a shame for living in HK for as long as she has.

Posted

I really wish Taylor would incorporate learning Chinese in her videos. Like maybe doing some kind of mini-series or something on it.
She tries to use it sometimes very briefly in some videos, but I feel like she still hasn't learned much, which is such a shame for living in HK for as long as she has.

Yeah I feel like it would be the same as " how I learned japanese" as she never did 😂😅

lmao above all so true

I remember way back; everyone was scratching their heads about how on earth she could live an over and beyond comfortable lifestyle (nice apartment, taking taxis everywhere, expensive decorations, etc) in Japan while seemly not doing many modeling jobs - let alone not even being a successful model. The only reasonable answer was that she was a trust fundie, but no one saw it coming that she was dating her older ceo boss lmaooooo. Everything just clicked in that second.

Obviously just wished she was more transparent about it. I feel like Tom is a shady lost cause, but I think Taylor could be a more successful youtuber if she can figure out how to show an interesting lifestyle in a balanced humble way. She has all the time and money in the world to show some really cool stuff about Hong Kong or/and Japan imo

Also I thought her dad was sending her money as well. Good for her but don't tell 13 year olds in proverty "hey be a model and you can have an apartment like this and Starbucks everyday" alot of models in low income do go into debt.

Posted

She's always had an insecurity regarding her economic background, even before she starting dating Tom for long.

It's pretty clear she came from a middle to upper-middle class background from what we know of her family, and I think she even mentioned she had appointments with a dietitian or a personal trainer when she was younger (during her overweight phase) and that's really not something a low income family can afford. She dropped out of a degree with seemingly no financial repercussions, and her father had a car dealership that seemed to be doing relatively well.

She's been incredibly defensive about money since the beginning, since she once claimed (a long time ago now) that she had been self sufficient except for education since she was 14 when someone commented that she was fairly wealthy. Whether that's true or not, she's always been like this regarding money. I think she desperately wants to seem relatable, so she does the #girlboss nonsense and tried to create an image that she's only where she is because of hard work, not also the fact that she came from money and married into money.

It would be better if she just never talked about money and how working hard was the thing that got her to where she is. I'm not saying she doesn't work, but the money that both her family and Tom have indisputably helped her get to where she is now. No catalogue model could have a several million USD dollar house in one of the most expensive cities on this planet unless they hit supermodel level or they married someone rich. No Youtuber could be swanning around major cities of the world, flying business class to and from places, and going for various beauty treatments on just their YT salary. It's 100% fine that she has this lifestyle, it's just irresponsible of her to pretend like she worked for all of it.

Posted

i wrote a summary in the general kboo thread, about that girl who modeled for the korean brand chuu, she talks about her experience, and i am honestly inclined to believe that such experiences are way more common for western models in asia than anything else. also i will never understand why rich people have the need to do the whole "woe is me" like, just enjoy your money, if you wanna flaunt it, flaunt it, but don't act like you went through hell and back for that cause none of you did (the whole big corps starting in garages thing for example? fake af just like these smaller fish lol)

so yeah, i think most of us wouldn't mind it so much if Taylor too would have just been comfortable with her money from the beginning. This way it just comes off as sad and funny at the same time.

Posted (edited)

This^

Taylor R pretending criticism is just about her husband being wealthy is such a strawman

like we all forgot she is married to a man that literally exploits little girls for a living. Right Taylor, You are the victim here /s

Yep, his site still has ridiculously underage girls featured on it. 

Also, here's an article where the author openly speculates about the age of legal consent and all the sex an 18yo has had before turning 18:

https://menclub.hk/mobile/article/article.php?cat=girls&aid=23281

So, no. Nothing has changed. 

Edited by bountyhunter

Posted

Yeah I feel like it would be the same as " how I learned japanese" as she never did 😂😅

oh man I forgot she even did that lmao

I would hope if she DID decide to do a series on learning Chinese, it would be taken more seriously. Maybe Tom could feature in it, or I'm sure she could find someone to do it. She has the money to pay a tutor (although I know this is a pipe dream given the current situation - but again, Tom is a realistic option). She probably doesn't have a genuine interest in learning it though, which makes me sad. :(
Reminds me of that one dude who lived in Japan for like 20+ years and never learned a lick of Japanese. Just made his wife do everything.

Posted

oh man I forgot she even did that lmao
I would hope if she DID decide to do a series on learning Chinese, it would be taken more seriously. Maybe Tom could feature in it, or I'm sure she could find someone to do it. She has the money to pay a tutor (although I know this is a pipe dream given the current situation - but again, Tom is a realistic option). She probably doesn't have a genuine interest in learning it though, which makes me sad. :(
Reminds me of that one dude who lived in Japan for like 20+ years and never learned a lick of Japanese. Just made his wife do everything.

I do agree that Taylor can be pretty lazy but I think her language situation is more complicated than that. She doesn't live in mainland China, but HK - where English is one of 2 official languages (everything has English version). As far as I could tell, you can get anything done in HK knowing only English, it's completely different world to Japan, where English level is still pretty low. Moreover, Chinese variant spoken in HK is Cantonese, not Mandarin. But Mandarin is more popular and useful in general so which one should she pick up?

One could argue that in the current political situation, English might soon be pushed out of HK and Mandarin will take over. But that's just speculation and we also don't know whether Taylor is even going to stay in HK long enough to see that.

Posted

Really , I can not understand who can you be in a country for so many years, work there and NOT learn the countries language 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️💁🏻💁🏻💁🏻 Really now..... how ?🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ She won't learn Cantonese either probably send her "hubby" and manager for chores

Posted

I do agree that Taylor can be pretty lazy but I think her language situation is more complicated than that. She doesn't live in mainland China, but HK - where English is one of 2 official languages (everything has English version). As far as I could tell, you can get anything done in HK knowing only English, it's completely different world to Japan, where English level is still pretty low. Moreover, Chinese variant spoken in HK is Cantonese, not Mandarin. But Mandarin is more popular and useful in general so which one should she pick up?

One could argue that in the current political situation, English might soon be pushed out of HK and Mandarin will take over. But that's just speculation and we also don't know whether Taylor is even going to stay in HK long enough to see that.

She could try learning both? Obviously I'm not expecting her to suddenly become fluent, but it would be cool to see her showing more interest in the country she lives in and the culture of her husband. I could be wrong, but I don't remember her really delving into Chinese culture/traditions besides talking about her wedding and picking out her wedding dress where she talked about the importance of colors and such. Oh, and also her palm reading.
Even just a weekly video on some specific snippet having to do with culture or customs would be interesting, or making traditional dishes.

I just feel like she lives in an area rich with culture, and considering her main viewer base is not from Hong Kong but seem to be more Westernized, it would be awesome for her to do something showcasing that, at least more often than not. Especially if she intends to return to Canada sometime on a more permanent basis; not only would she have given her audience interesting content, but she could look back on them for memory-sake and even share them with her child(ren) someday.

Could take other J/KVloggers for example that actually roam about the country, doing things with food/culture. Maybe it's just because I haven't gotten into that part of YouTube, but I feel like we don't really see any Western HK vloggers showcasing HK. And a lot of that stuff she could still do from the comfort of her home given quarantine.

I'm not like, dogging on her as a person or her content or anything. I just feel like she has a lot of potential and could do more, even if it was just a weekly thing.

Posted

Posted

Personally, I don't think she did a bad job on this bang. It will go to the side because that's how she used to place them.

After wash that hair, and blow dry, I think it'll just be in place. She's kinda annoying when she said this haircut was a disaster. I don't think it looks bad at all tbh. This whole video makes me feel that she just wants to receive compliment from her audiences. 

PS: as someone who is experiencing hair-loss issue, when I heard elbow san said she looks like she's balding...... I rolled my eyes so hard that they won't come back! 

Posted

The newest video is almost at the same views as the turning herself into a baby one, and it's been out for less than a day. I think she should take that as a message...