• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Any tips on lightening dark areas of skin?

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Sorry if this is TMI, but I recently had a chafing(?) (I put question mark here because I'm not sure how this occurred from but the area that it's in seems like it's a common place for it based on what I looked up) abrasion/blister in my inner thigh and while the bump is now gone, it's left this undesirable patch of darkened skin that is SUPER noticeable. It's roughly about the size of a nickel. I've had this for a little over a week now, and while I'm being a bit patient and waiting to see if the area will go away, I'm afraid that it's going to stay there and want to reduce the appearance as much as possible. Is there any recommended products/methods/tips on how to lighten up skin? 

Posted

Exfoliation I think, Aha could work and it's cheap, also put suncream :)

Posted

Sorry if this is TMI, but I recently had a chafing(?) (I put question mark here because I'm not sure how this occurred from but the area that it's in seems like it's a common place for it based on what I looked up) abrasion/blister in my inner thigh and while the bump is now gone, it's left this undesirable patch of darkened skin that is SUPER noticeable. It's roughly about the size of a nickel. I've had this for a little over a week now, and while I'm being a bit patient and waiting to see if the area will go away, I'm afraid that it's going to stay there and want to reduce the appearance as much as possible. Is there any recommended products/methods/tips on how to lighten up skin? 

Quoting so you can see :alpacaheadshake:

I have hyperpigmentation left from a skin condition. My dermatologist recommended me to stop harshly exfoliating since that can cause it to become darker and bigger. Especially since it was caused by chafing. 

Try vitamin e oil or cream from your local beauty supply or Walmart. It averages about 5 dollars so you won't have to break the bank. Shea butter can also help even out a skin tone. You can mix them together and apply it.  Vitamin e oil, in general, is good for evening out the skin tone so look for products with that ingredient. 

Posted

Quoting so you can see :alpacaheadshake:

I have hyperpigmentation left from a skin condition. My dermatologist recommended me to stop harshly exfoliating since that can cause it to become darker and bigger. Especially since it was caused by chafing. 

Try vitamin e oil or cream from your local beauty supply or Walmart. It averages about 5 dollars so you won't have to break the bank. Shea butter can also help even out a skin tone. You can mix them together and apply it.  Vitamin e oil, in general, is good for evening out the skin tone so look for products with that ingredient. 

Oh man, I've been using some different exfoliators to try to solve it. I'll definitely give that a go :D