• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Belle Delphine - copy cats

802 posts in this topic

Posted

@Lealolly use to take inspiration from Belle

Screenshot_20191230-230837_Instagram.jpg

Posted

What interests me more about these copycats is their future. Are they going to keep trying to copy belle or will they try to go for something original.

Posted

What interests me more about these copycats is their future. Are they going to keep trying to copy belle or will they try to go for something original.

Eventually when more people get over Belle (she's definitely not making a comeback) I think they'd have to, unless there's another "kawaii uwu no top lip blurred nose" cosplayer that comes along and takes the spotlight for them to leech off of, I don't see them continuing their copycat route. It's already gotten to the point of repetitive and boring, they're going to have to find a way to bring in new followers with more original content 

An example of a drastic aesthetic difference would be Mercurial Mouse, she adores Belle scarily enough 

InShot_20191231_131850028.thumb.jpg.00a8

And not necessarily a copycat but thought I could point it out, Amouranth did an asmr pretending to be Belle with her octopus, thankfully it was a toy and not a real dead one 

Posted

I don't understand why anyone would want to copy belles looks..? To me there isn't anything striking about her that makes me think ''OH I WANT TO BE LIKE HER! SHE'S GOT____'' or ''WOW HER AESTHETIC IS SO AMAZING UWU I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT!!'' I literally can see girls who look like Belle if i go to a a local urban outfitters just a different aesthetic but same looks. Hell you could go in Hot topic and find a girl who is similar or looks like belle. I can't understand why there would be so many copy cats of her, i literally can't understand it. I'm being very serious, can someone PLEASE tell me why so many people want to look like her and act like her? Is there something i'm missing?

Posted

I don't understand why anyone would want to copy belles looks..? To me there isn't anything striking about her that makes me think ''OH I WANT TO BE LIKE HER! SHE'S GOT____'' or ''WOW HER AESTHETIC IS SO AMAZING UWU I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT!!'' I literally can see girls who look like Belle if i go to a a local urban outfitters just a different aesthetic but same looks. Hell you could go in Hot topic and find a girl who is similar or looks like belle. I can't understand why there would be so many copy cats of her, i literally can't understand it. I'm being very serious, can someone PLEASE tell me why so many people want to look like her and act like her? Is there something i'm missing?

its the attention. clout is one hell of a drug. 

she went viral by looking like that and got all these weirdos throwing her money and thirsting after her because of how she looks. so all the copycats think they have to look and act exactly like her to get the same attention and money.

Posted

she went viral by looking like that and got all these weirdos throwing her money and thirsting after her because of how she looks. so all the copycats think they have to look and act exactly like her to get the same attention and money.

Thank you for explaining, that makes a lot more sense then what i was thinking. :alpacashocked:

Posted

I think it's so strange people "cosplay" belle..

20191231_053644.jpg

Posted (edited)

lol it’s like Belle became an anime character herself since so many e-girls/e-thots copy or “cosplay” her exact outfits & looks

Edited by lulubz

Posted

i think this whole "trying" to look like belle is cringy. Taking inspiration is imo ok but they literally (few) try to look like her not in copycat way but literally facewise, while NONE have exact features and its just photoshop and filter spams like that retard kittenfangz to look like her. I think a girl could maybe get " big" if she gets known as belles literal doppelganger not like these walmart copycats posted here who only do some makeup style, wig&outfit like belle.But then again to incels ANYONE with pink wig looks like belle so.. :alpacabored:

Posted

also belle's looks are really easy to copy, its just a pink wig, cat ears and do an ahegao face. It speaks volumes that copycats despite being dull and uninspired, manage to look similar to belle

Posted (edited)

Lol

Edited by The Mouse

Posted

"xsalacia" on Instagram

20200101_230327.thumb.png.7156e1f9a6efe3

Posted

Adding to that I guess there are also girls who see her and get jealous because she makes money easily and immediately go: 'I bet I could do it better than her!' I don't wanna say that Belle is someone who is worth to be jealous of because she's mostly just a creation of photoshop. But I bet lots of girls think she really looks like that and get put under pressure because of Belle. I think that's generally how it is with young girls who see lots of snowflakes getting fame and money from the way they art and the impression often is 'I have to be like that too!' even if it's sad to see, I guess a lot of young girls might truly think she's cool and want to be like her because she's an influence to them.

Eventually when more people get over Belle (she's definitely not making a comeback) I think they'd have to, unless there's another "kawaii uwu no top lip blurred nose" cosplayer that comes along and takes the spotlight for them to leech off of, I don't see them continuing their copycat route. It's already gotten to the point of repetitive and boring, they're going to have to find a way to bring in new followers with more original content 

An example of a drastic aesthetic difference would be Mercurial Mouse, she adores Belle scarily enough 

InShot_20191231_131850028.thumb.jpg.00a8

And not necessarily a copycat but thought I could point it out, Amouranth did an asmr pretending to be Belle with her octopus, thankfully it was a toy and not a real dead one 

She looks so cute in the left pic.

I think it's so strange people "cosplay" belle..

20191231_053644.jpg

At least most of the cosplayers do it in an ironic way. It still could be for attention too so it's not really that much different from those who straight up copy her. But at least the cosplayers are more real about doing it not because they actually think she's cool but to make fun of her.

M.Mouse here. 

Look I understand why you guys might have issue with my “drastic aesthetic change”, and it might appear I’m looking to ride a bandwagon. I’ll be honest, I have been a nerd my whole life. I’ve been bullied about it my whole life. Effectively I’ve always been taught by the world around me that I need to conceal that side of me. 

I have been gaming since I can remember. My first game, was legend of Zelda ocarina of time, on the n64. I have always enjoyed cosplaying, and for the past 10 years, have been making a lot of my own. I was coding (very very basic stuff) when I was in primary school. I moved around a lot as a kid, maintaining friendships wasn’t an option, so I immersed myself into games. I hit high school and was bullied even worse. I would eat lunch in the library by myself. 

When I left school, I tried so hard to be someone else. I wanted to be accepted. I tried for so long to do the “mainstream influencer” thing, but it wasn’t my authentic self. It wasn’t a creative outlet and I couldn’t express myself, and my passions.

Then Belle comes along. This adorable, quirky, cute girl, that makes everything I’ve been bullied about in my life, seem popular all of a sudden. I can’t speak for her actions, because I’ve read stuff in this thread that may or may not be true, that I wasn’t aware of. But to me, she helped give me the strength, and paved the way for people like me to express ourselves in ways we couldn’t really before, or otherwise didn’t have the confidence to.

I try to give it my own flair by being a gaming streamer, (something belle doesn’t do), a cosplay builder (I hand crafted my full armour lady loki cosplay by myself, and have plans for another full armour piece soon), I attend conventions as a cosplayer, I work with an Australian gaming team with other streamers now, I make cosplay build tutorials.. 

Wether you like belle or not, I do. And as stupid as it seems, when I put on that pink wig, I feel more confident. 

The pink wig is a safety blanket, and after reading this thread, I’ll try find the confidence to explore new things. It was always my intention anyway, but I’ve taken into account what’s been said, and although it hurts, Im taking it as constructive criticism. 

but please understand, it was never my intention to hurt anyone, and I’m not fake wholesome or fake nice.. I’m genuinely sorry and I’ll try do better.

I'm supporting your idea of exploring new things! Your older posts look very unique while your newer pics really show that you have been influenced by her. I hope you can get back on track with being your own person and tbh I would keep the pink wig since it's cute and if it gives you confidence then that's great. Just try to move away from her aesthetic with subtle steps, even if making slight changes or unique changes to the 'Belle aesthetic'. It's always best to be your own person.

Posted (edited)

Sorry but you deffinetely can go another style instead of copying some pedophile supporter. YOU are copying her in whole not as in inspiration. That two are different topics dear. No one really in pull is interested in snowflakes justifyings. You simply support a trashy person with advertising her on your follower platform via her styles and marketing signs etc.

Get your own ideas girl your aesthetic choice is yours yes but don't come here and bullshit why such person is an inspiration. Ahegao faces has NOTHING to do with cosplays or gamer girl personas.

Edited by Guruofthots

Posted (edited)

:hoplz:

Edited by Purinpuff