• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Steph Hodges/BluePotionCo

58 posts in this topic

Posted

Yess! the thread is here! Great work Loppy!

the funniest thing is that BPCo used the Kenna excuse of "I thought these were my originals and I found them on my sketchbook"

Posted (edited)

Oh yay lol it finally got approved

She's such a terrible liar. You can trace/copy things on paper too, it's not limited to digital art only.

Editing to include her other phony apology. "I'm not a bad person" she says as she literally harasses, web squats and blacklists other artists.

EIlzARVXsAADLV7.thumb.jpg.3dddb55ba493ef

Edited by Lopunny
new info

Posted

Jfc she is a mess. 

And so many followers with so little engagement is a redflag if I've ever seen one. 

Posted

Finally she has a thread!

0204A49A-7518-480E-BFBA-79197564051C.thu

Posted

Oh yay lol it finally got approved

She's such a terrible liar. You can trace/copy things on paper too, it's not limited to digital art only.

Editing to include her other phony apology. "I'm not a bad person" she says as she literally harasses, web squats and blacklists other artists.

EIlzARVXsAADLV7.thumb.jpg.3dddb55ba493ef

why is she victimizing herself... "i'm allowed to block people who make me feel unhappy or unsafe" 
i don't know everything that's been said to her, but girl - no one would be criticizing you if you didn't trace to make a profit

Posted

Yeees! Thank you for making the thread! This woman is making me so angry. How petty can you be to buy other artists' domains to redirect their followers and supporters to your own work? Nobody does that... I mean who the hell would do that but a disney villian? Can't wait to see what sort of excuses she comes up with now that people found out about the domains she bought! it's gonna be a ride for sure...

Posted

Steph isn't saying anything, but she's still blocking people on Twitter. That block count has surpassed 22k by now.

Posted

Thank you for making this thread! It’s shocking to see that she is like this; unfortunately I have seen her at many conventions and bought from her... I’m going to be throwing everything away because I don’t want to be associated with a leech like her.

Its shocking that despite the constant scandals she hasn’t been banned from MCM (the major U.K. convention holder) as she’s pretty much always there, and she sells in the main dealer hall which is much more expensive to be in than artist alley.

Is there anyway to contact Nintendo and Square Enix about her tracing in game models? If they could get involved they could shut her down for good.

Posted

Thank you for making this thread! It’s shocking to see that she is like this; unfortunately I have seen her at many conventions and bought from her... I’m going to be throwing everything away because I don’t want to be associated with a leech like her.

Its shocking that despite the constant scandals she hasn’t been banned from MCM (the major U.K. convention holder) as she’s pretty much always there, and she sells in the main dealer hall which is much more expensive to be in than artist alley.

Is there anyway to contact Nintendo and Square Enix about her tracing in game models? If they could get involved they could shut her down for good.

Quick google search lead me to Nintendo's, but not Square/Sony

"To report illegal use of Nintendo trademarks, or for any other legal inquiry or concern, please e-mail us at [email protected]nintendo.com. For other concerns, you can also call 1-800-255-3700."

Posted

From what I've seen people say on twitter, it seems she has some sort of block chain. Any negative comments about her will end up with you getting blocked, but also just from following people she sees as competition like Ohayou Clothing and Elena Wing.

Posted

screencapture-twitter-BluePotionCo-statu

Hello Nintendo, yes this person right here, sue them please.

Posted

So hard to understand that some white girl from UK would willingly build her brand around bootleg-level traced and copied merchandise. I somewhat get that some people in less fortunate conditions take advantage of collectors by making bootleg products (and some people willingly buy them too because "it's good enough and I can't afford the real thing") but that this seemingly privileged girl seriously thinks running a business like this is legitimate and acceptable? That's some seriously bad judgement and taste.

Also lmao at her sketches as proof of not tracing/copying. Does she really think that because she sketches on physical paper, it must be 100% her work? Kids trace and copy things on paper all the time! Some art teachers teach you to do that but it doesn't mean it's fine to sell or claim as your own! How stupid are you!

Posted

So hard to understand that some white girl from UK would willingly build her brand around bootleg-level traced and copied merchandise. I somewhat get that some people in less fortunate conditions take advantage of collectors by making bootleg products (and some people willingly buy them too because "it's good enough and I can't afford the real thing") but that this seemingly privileged girl seriously thinks running a business like this is legitimate and acceptable? That's some seriously bad judgement and taste.

The first thing that comes to my mind is lazyness. She admitted that she traced the Cuphead design for example such a long time ago and to make something for a friend and to me it sounded like since she only made that for a friend that she wouldn't put much effort into it, and also thought nobody would notice because it was before the game blew up in popularity. Then once it had gotten popular she used the design to sell it knowing well that it was traced from the original art from the game. Instead of remaking it, she chose to keep the traced design in her store. If that isn't lazyness then I don't know what is. Nobody noticed for a long time so I feel like she just incooperated the lazyness into her business since to be honest tracing existing art is a way to create merch much faster than drawing original art. She sort of has in common with those people who create actual bootleg merch to sell on Aliexpress or so that she also wants to make much merch as fast as possible to make as much money as possible. It does seem as the act of creating art isn't in focus of what she's doing and that she is indeed as you said the same as some fishy bootleg seller who tries to make quick money.

Posted

domainsquattingisillegal.thumb.PNG.b091e

EInYoHcXUAE45h1.thumb.jpg.6a071851a60377

EInYoHbWwAA8aKp.thumb.jpg.cf6f7043416c1f

The urls are dead, they just lead to blank pages.