• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

PeachMilkyTea

496 posts in this topic

Posted

Taping her face to look "more asian"

:alpacaworry: It seems a little unfair to assume it has something to do with race imho. I think she's clearly just doing it in order to look more like Lightning. Is there proof she owns that page btw? I was gone for a while so I didn't notice if that was discussed somewhere. Just seems a little far fetched, that's all.

Posted (edited)

:alpacaworry: It seems a little unfair to assume it has something to do with race imho. I think she's clearly just doing it in order to look more like Lightning. Is there proof she owns that page btw? I was gone for a while so I didn't notice if that was discussed somewhere. Just seems a little far fetched, that's all.

90% her pictures
Posting realtime as her videos go up
her in the cover

Also:
https://www.facebook.com/HumanDollsAnimeLookAlikes/info?tab=page_owners
People owning the page: incative people and her

milky3.jpg

Also does anyone still have screenshots of jrcachs old page where she and ToxicTears slandered all these girls in the reblogs/comments?
She still tweets him, but it doesn't look like kawaii moderu career is working out with that guy lol

milky4.jpg

Edited by Mamamamia

Posted (edited)

Why does she even think she looks like a doll? She doesn't, she looks like a normal girl/woman with circle lenses, same for most of the other people posted on that page/ who claim to look like dolls. 

To the face-tape thing, most Asians (or the group of people many only think of when hearing the term ''Asian'' aka Japanese (especially), Chinese, Korean etc.) are known for having round and wider faces than most white people have. Sophie has such a face naturally and what she was trying to make her face look like wasn't an ''Asian face shape''. Maybe it's a face shape that's the ideal of many Asian people, but beauty ideals aren't owned by a race, rather by an individual. Just because she's white doesn't mean she has to follow ''typical white beauty standarts''. 

Short: Her natural face shape is closer to the one most Asians have, if she wanted to fake an asian face shape, she didn't need to modify it, or at least not the way she did it. She tried to look more like a character of a game that's based on beauty ideals that Japan is known for (actually, not many japanese people want to look like game/anime/manga characters but white people like to think this way). So it's pretty stupid to say it has to do something with race.

In general there's a difference when people try to look like an actual japanese person or like japanese beauty ideals. However, many people combine both things and with this they're in fact racist and yellow facing. But she isn't, I never got the impression she wanted to look like another race. She applies make up that compliments her natural features and still makes her look ''white''.

Edited by Kuroneko

Posted

Also does anyone still have screenshots of jrcachs old page where she and ToxicTears slandered all these girls in the reblogs/comments?
She still tweets him, but it doesn't look like kawaii moderu career is working out with that guy lol

They did that? What did they say?

Posted

Or her other fanpage she made, trying to get likes on her own stuff:

http://www.facebook.com/HumanDollsAnimeLookAlikes

Taping her face to look "more asian"

milky2.jpg

Actually, she got the taping idea from a cosplay tutorial video at Kawaii Pateen's channel:

And PeachMilkyTea commented:

E5rtWNO.jpg

Soo yeah I don't think she's trying to look Asian?? :alpacawink:

Posted

Ooooo she's showing more personality in her videos now, even when her bf isn't around. Nice, it's much easier and entertaining to watch her videos this way^_^

Posted

Kotori- what video of theirs was it?

And I agree i don't think that her taping her face to look slimmer has anything to do with race.

Posted

I hate lovelive but this kotori figure:alpacalove:

it's her christmas version card, don't know if ther's even a music video for it.

Posted

Kotori- what video of theirs was it?

And I agree i don't think that her taping her face to look slimmer has anything to do with race.

It's under the spoiler, but i'll post it again if it isnt working for you:

Posted

Thank you! I'm not sure why it wasn't working for me before...

Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6kmQQTvGmk 

apparently she and her boyfreind is no more :( i kind of feel bad for her since the relationship ended without being mutual.

but at least she was honest on what was going on. 

Posted

She has a new boyfriend now - @hedge_luke they seem happy together which is good. I've been a fan of hers for a while and seem to remember her reposting some of those emo "tfw someone betrays you" posts on tumblr so I'm glad she's happy with someone else now.

Posted

I honestly adore Sophie, and I think she hasn't done anything super scandalous. She seems very genuine on camera and is very open about being a nerd with all of the videos she has posted especially her gameplays. I like that when she doesn't know a figure she is honest about it and opens up to say "I don't know I just got it because the character is pretty." I've done that before to find the figures are from some obscure game that I can't easily get a hold of and don't fancy playing anyway.

Her makeup tutorials are bland but nothing is wrong with them.

She does a good job reviewing sponsored items too, and those seem honest as well. 

The only thing that bugs me is she sometimes is quite posy in videos. It's one stiff pose after another in camera when modeling clothes, but maybe that is the nitpicky dancer in me, haha. 

I wish she showed more of her personality too!! Perhaps she is still a bit shy in front of the camera? She is doing a lot better as she puts out more videos. I really hope she continues Youtube because she has a lot of promise. 

She tags everything to death as hime gyaru / hime gal, but she seems to dress more hime kaji or roma gyaru if anything - which isn't bad, as she is honestly one of the better dressed girls using the tag. It's just me being picky about the gyaru comm. 

I will stay subscribed, continue watching her videos, and supporting her.

Posted

I think she's really cute and I love her clothes and accent but she doesn't have much of a personality which makes her appear kinda boring.