• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

Alyssa D. Silos (Alythuh)

1072 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok, I started wondering how hard it is to learn creating ugly arts of pretty girls. As a person who isn’t a professional illustrator nor painter (I work in design and animation field), has never drawn anything cartoonish, more or less knows Instagram trends and likes stupid challenges I decided to use one brush, no references besides the purple haired drawing of Alyssa and that’s the first attempt. Crappy? Yes. Is it possible to outshine Alyssa in a week of consistent work? Yes. 

1996D83F-ECB7-4D39-8520-524B86E0E5AC.jpeg

This is the first post of this piece of art that made me realize the original isn't winking. I literally thought, for like, months now, that this girl was like, cutesy with one eye closed. But no, that second eye is just so disproportionate and bizarre that didn't register as an open eyeball for me. Jesus.

Posted

I’m happy she donated, I’m sure she actually did. I’m sure she cares about racial issues, she just never addresses them properly. I also don’t think people should be commending her for something she SHOULD be doing. When I read her say “Asian Americans shouldn’t be comfortable and should address anti blackness” I agree, and hope she realizes how much she does to steal the brown/black is beautiful trend by pretending to be darker than what she is, and how she makes Eurocentric art of black women. So happy she’s donating and using her platform, but yeah... reflect on what you’re doing too and the spaces you yourself are invading.

Posted

I’m happy she donated, I’m sure she actually did. I’m sure she cares about racial issues, she just never addresses them properly. I also don’t think people should be commending her for something she SHOULD be doing. When I read her say “Asian Americans shouldn’t be comfortable and should address anti blackness” I agree, and hope she realizes how much she does to steal the brown/black is beautiful trend by pretending to be darker than what she is, and how she makes Eurocentric art of black women. So happy she’s donating and using her platform, but yeah... reflect on what you’re doing too and the spaces you yourself are invading.

exactly. people talk about being performative to seem like a good person to her followers... its this - after donating, screenshotting it, and posting it for her followers to see, she turns around and continues to colour herself darker and work on the same kind of art that does not accurately represent women, period. 
supporting the black community is deeper than throwing your cash at them. its a complete rethinking/overhaul of how you act, even if you might not think you're being blatantly racist. i hope her art drastically changes.

Posted (edited)

Ding ding ding! And not to mention that the sentiment "we need to address anti-black sentiments in Asian-American communityyy" is pretty common recently... but many of the sayings just stuck on that. Is this really the extent of 'tackling anti-blackness in Asian community'? Something bothers me abt it tbh

What bothers me is she tweeted something like “if you’re not black don’t start drama about this tweet! This isn’t about you” She shouldn’t have to tweet that if she was fully genuine. She should’ve just stopped at the link and headed to the donation.

By the tweet of that she sounds like she is making it about her by protecting herself from the possible backlash from us here and the people on Twitter who see through her. She knows that people have not been okay with how she’s using black women’s beauty for her art. She knows that more people are watching her and know that she’ll blast and dogpile with her fans on anyone trying to call her out. If she does that again—to the point of asking her followers to mass report—that will be another one among the many, many people she and/or her fans have harassed. With that tweet, she indeed made it about her.

Edited by TeeAviwecht

Posted

I’m not gonna praise her for doing something she should be doing. She still profits off of black people, women specifically. I hope she keeps this energy even after this passes over.

Saw this on ac twit regarding in-game characters but I felt like it applies to Alyssa as well, considering she enjoys painting herself darker than she really is. When she’s just a tan South East Asian woman.

EE1F290B-F147-4626-9BFB-498F55594231.jpeg

Posted

I’m not gonna praise her for doing something she should be doing. She still profits off of black people, women specifically. I hope she keeps this energy even after this passes over.

Saw this on ac twit regarding in-game characters but I felt like it applies to Alyssa as well, considering she enjoys painting herself darker than she really is. When she’s just a tan South East Asian woman.

EE1F290B-F147-4626-9BFB-498F55594231.jpeg

100% agree with you. She won’t face any of the discrimination actual brown and black skin women do. 

honestly calling her tan even is too much. She barely has brown skin. She is a light.. olive colour. So.. not brown, tan, or dark skin. When she went to the Philippians she waited until she got a sun tan to post about being darker than other Asians when this is her skin without sun. 

14A906E6-FA4F-4859-8793-AE13AD074327.jpeg

Posted

T h i s.

I've seen a few artists doing donation commissions. In which they draw what you request as long as you donate to a list of BLM-relates associations the artists asks for and prove it. 

Sure, she isn't in the commish side. But as an artist profiting off poc she could do the same with her many prints piling dust from her flex photos. And it's even more relevant seeing as how she only draws dark people (or women, in her case). I mean, you donate the money to the foundation, email her the proof with your delivery info and you get a print!

Ofc, that wouldn't be as profitable, right Alyssa?

But honestly, what am I doing giving her more ideas so she can feed her followers more of this "woke" gorl fashion /shrug

OffT: As a big fan of One Piece, it irks me that this post is titled as "Alyssa D. Sylos". That D. isn't part of her full name but a reference to the "Will of D." from One Piece (because ugüuuuuu guyyyyszzz I've seen OP and Anime, I am hot nerd uwuwuwuwu). And it carries a lot of meaning in the series, and it has some distinctive traits. Traits that she doesn't have lmao. But honestly who am I to ask for it to be removed? /s

Posted

T h i s.

I've seen a few artists doing donation commissions. In which they draw what you request as long as you donate to a list of BLM-relates associations the artists asks for and prove it. 

Sure, she isn't in the commish side. But as an artist profiting off poc she could do the same with her many prints piling dust from her flex photos. And it's even more relevant seeing as how she only draws dark people (or women, in her case). I mean, you donate the money to the foundation, email her the proof with your delivery info and you get a print!

Ofc, that wouldn't be as profitable, right Alyssa?

But honestly, what am I doing giving her more ideas so she can feed her followers more of this "woke" gorl fashion /shrug

OffT: As a big fan of One Piece, it irks me that this post is titled as "Alyssa D. Sylos". That D. isn't part of her full name but a reference to the "Will of D." from One Piece (because ugüuuuuu guyyyyszzz I've seen OP and Anime, I am hot nerd uwuwuwuwu). And it carries a lot of meaning in the series, and it has some distinctive traits. Traits that she doesn't have lmao. But honestly who am I to ask for it to be removed? /s

Whoa that last part came off a lil passive aggressive, but if it wasn’t then my apologies. I don’t follow One Piece (honestly she completely ruined the series for me), and always thought Dawn was her middle name. I can change it if needed. I do need to change my initial first post that started this thread anyways, but I’m almost always on mobile and I’m still not savvy with post editing even though I’ve been here for awhile lol 😬. I do agree with everything you said though. Who knows if she’ll start doing that, but we do know she heavily lurks here lol

Posted

Whoa that last part came off a lil passive aggressive, but if it wasn’t then my apologies. I don’t follow One Piece (honestly she completely ruined the series for me), and always thought Dawn was her middle name. I can change it if needed. I do need to change my initial first post that started this thread anyways, but I’m almost always on mobile and I’m still not savvy with post editing even though I’ve been here for awhile lol 😬. I do agree with everything you said though. Who knows if she’ll start doing that, but we do know she heavily lurks here lol

I’m pretty sure that is her middle name though. She had that as her name on twitter way before she made one piece her entire personality

Posted

Oops, sorry. I didn't mean to come off as aggressive :/ sure, it irks me the fact that she makes a good series her whole personality with barely common knowledge or whatsoever. But I wouldn't rage her!

I'm sorry, I'm not good at expressing myself, English isn't my first, nor second language... :alpacadone:

About the whole middle name, I didn't know about that honestly! I'm a pretty recent user here, and just started lurking/posting when she seemed sketchy and because I was fed up of seeing her being in my feed because of others artists I follow. The more you know, I guess!

Posted

Oops, sorry. I didn't mean to come off as aggressive :/ sure, it irks me the fact that she makes a good series her whole personality with barely common knowledge or whatsoever. But I wouldn't rage her!

I'm sorry, I'm not good at expressing myself, English isn't my first, nor second language... :alpacadone:

About the whole middle name, I didn't know about that honestly! I'm a pretty recent user here, and just started lurking/posting when she seemed sketchy and because I was fed up of seeing her being in my feed because of others artists I follow. The more you know, I guess!

Not raging her lol and no need to apologize for your English. It’s okay if you didn’t know either, that’s why this thread was created. I wonder if she really is as knowledgeable about One Piece like she puts herself out to be, or is it just commonly googled crap

Posted

took me a while to catch up but i reached the end. I desperately wish OP who posted this thread would include the summaries that have been posted here on her first post.

n e ways

I used to follow her but she left a bad taste in my mouth. I felt guilty because you know, women should support women and I was amazed that someone could be so confident with herself and her body to keep posting about herself. However, she kept retweeting "oh to marry this woman (her, in this case)...." and "oh i wish i could... (insert praise about her)" and I got so tired of it. I mean, be confident, praise yourself into heaven, do it! But it just got annoying to me when she did it 24/7 and kept retweeting anyone who did the same.

About her donating - I feel a bit off... For someone that shows of her self made wealth and basically makes money from drawing black woman, it seemed like the least she could do was donate 500 dollars.. And meh idk but knowing that she had to be called out first really didn't do it for me.

Posted

Screenshot_2020-06-01-16-10-37.thumb.pngpress [x] for doubt

If she's really been going to the protests I respect her but seriously doubt it until i see some proof

Posted

Screenshot_2020-06-01-16-10-37.thumb.pngpress [x] for doubt

If she's really been going to the protests I respect her but seriously doubt it until i see some proof

a lot of people are advising people not to post that they’re going to or are at protests in case it’s used against them. I’ve been seeing tweets about people being arrested for tweeting “too radically”. I can respect her not posting about it, but I would like to see her make a significant contribution.

Posted (edited)

So she deleted a tweet expressing anti-Trump sentiments because according to her, anyone tweeting protest statements with anti-Trump sentiments could be taken to a psych ward. Could anyone verify this? I tried searching for any truth about this but nothing came up. However the closest information I could find about Minnesota officials using contact tracing for tracking protestors instead of COVID-19 suspect people.  Someone else in her replies debunked the news of the government sending protesters to psych wards and said it was a fear mongering rumor.

Is there actually a reputable source claiming this? Because if it’s not true, then Alyssa just misinformed her 568K followers which is so irresponsible. One of them even quoted her saying “If you get a 51/50 you can’t vote in the next election.”

F55ECBF2-D51A-43D7-8CC9-7D7689F9AF4A.thuDD8D1445-F530-4732-8539-7B3C33D1CFED.thu483A03F4-A089-4EDE-9D5D-86895459933E.thu

A87B96AD-D0F4-4B0D-B0D5-9771523C983F.thu

Edited by TeeAviwecht