• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Alyssa D. Silos (Alythuh)

909 posts in this topic

Posted

Omg guys this girl is honestly so disingenuous. somebody tagged her on a few instaposts about using her platform to spread awareness about black people and racism, and of course like clock work she posts these tweets on her Twitter like almost immediately after. You just can't make this up. Like wow. This girl is so fake.

Screenshot_20200528-184947_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200528-182629_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20200528-182613_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20200528-182603_Twitter.jpg

The only reason she tweeted about this was because she was called out and because she wanted the clout and the praise which is exactly what she got. I mean I'm still glad she did it because she does have a big platform now but her reasons for it make me sick. Can someone on youtube like readytoglare anyone with a following expose this girl because this is getting gross. 

Screenshot_20200528-190141_Twitter.jpg

20200528_190202.jpg

20200528_190219.jpg

been 3+ days and only NOW dows she start doing something. Also I find it funny she hasn't mention her donating any of her sUCcesSFUL aRT MOney that she apparently has so much of since she's now successful in art, to the causes at hand. I mean now that I post this, she'll probably make a post saying she donated

Posted (edited)

Have been lurking this thread for a bit and just took a screencap of this tweet as it is interesting that PULL are not only seeing it. Even if it is a few, but still it can be telling that there are some people feeling suspicious. I am all for representation in art but after lurking I still feel she is using it as an aesthetic and for her picture perfect social media image.

Also as I was writing this on my phone I kept going back to Twitter so I do not miss anything and she tweeted this like about a half hour after. (Sorry for the inconsistent times, but just wanted to make sure the original and Alyssa’s both have time stamps because  she is obviously looking up her name on Twitter). My theory is that she made an original tweet about being a black ally after reading those tweets. Also the tweets before her original tweet were like only 2 BLM tweets she has retweeted so far.

Sorry for being on mobile. I probably would edit this post once I get on the computer to format it.

1EAB36A4-E10C-44C8-AA09-1600AE859924.jpeg

69948705-7CDD-46B7-A5B2-F66C4E4D33B4.jpeg

A0304D82-1D89-46C2-BCD3-B47FEF0C43A9.jpeg

CFD1248A-25A5-4084-9455-5E0D91FA1CD0.jpeg

No surprises. Part of her daily routine goes to searching her username on Twitter, googling herself, lurking on PULL, bookmarking tweets making fun of her to blast them later, and then making little time for the art she makes. 9_9

Edited by TeeAviwecht

Posted

3C8A61AC-9FF3-4C5E-8148-CBE5321A3A68.png

Art graduate and professional here. From the art student’s perspective: it’s a small canvas. You use thing like that at the beginning of the art school, not even the academy. 
I didn’t know she existed until I’ve found this thread and I’m always interested in amateur artist, so let me comment based on what I’ve seen here.

First of all - her canvases are always tiny and it shocked me when somebody mentioned she is a professional. Part of the answer why high schoolers start with small canvases is because they don’t have the skill to properly compose or paint on the bigger ones. 
She isn’t a fine artist by any mean, rather a good commercial illustrator. Her heavily stylized anatomy or crazy colours aren’t anything bad. To be honest being a hyper realist is of course way more demanding in terms of skill, but also artistically boring as hell. The thing is her style is the most obvious, non sophisticated, cartoonish and plain. I can link here a lot of great examples of stylised illustrations that show the skill, the sophistication, the idea and the knowledge of the artist. She doesn’t even try to design any background for any of her drawings, has hardly any variations to her repetitive cute faces and it all lacks of any innovative sense of composition, colours or shapes. She doesn’t even have a nice stylised line. 
She creates some average young-girl illustrations that pander to the people who never received any background in art and have well... mediocre and kitschy taste. If it works - it works. It’s still better to buy prints from a random person rather that Amazon and I wish her development.

It’s just ungodly boring, repetitive and shows barely any skill or knowledge, but mostly - any interesting artistic taste of hers.

Posted

Art graduate and professional here. From the art student’s perspective: it’s a small canvas. You use thing like that at the beginning of the art school, not even the academy. 
I didn’t know she existed until I’ve found this thread and I’m always interested in amateur artist, so let me comment based on what I’ve seen here.

First of all - her canvases are always tiny and it shocked me when somebody mentioned she is a professional. Part of the answer why high schoolers start with small canvases is because they don’t have the skill to properly compose or paint on the bigger ones. 
She isn’t a fine artist by any mean, rather a good commercial illustrator. Her heavily stylized anatomy or crazy colours aren’t anything bad. To be honest being a hyper realist is of course way more demanding in terms of skill, but also artistically boring as hell. The thing is her style is the most obvious, non sophisticated, cartoonish and plain. I can link here a lot of great examples of stylised illustrations that show the skill, the sophistication, the idea and the knowledge of the artist. She doesn’t even try to design any background for any of her drawings, has hardly any variations to her repetitive cute faces and it all lacks of any innovative sense of composition, colours or shapes. She doesn’t even have a nice stylised line. 
She creates some average young-girl illustrations that pander to the people who never received any background in art and have well... mediocre and kitschy taste. If it works - it works. It’s still better to buy prints from a random person rather that Amazon and I wish her development.

It’s just ungodly boring, repetitive and shows barely any skill or knowledge, but mostly - any interesting artistic taste of hers.

Hi, please link some of the artists mentioned! I always love searching for new talents!

Posted (edited)

Omg guys this girl is honestly so disingenuous. somebody tagged her on a few instaposts about using her platform to spread awareness about black people and racism, and of course like clock work she posts these tweets on her Twitter like almost immediately after. You just can't make this up. Like wow. This girl is so fake.

Screenshot_20200528-184947_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200528-182629_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20200528-182613_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20200528-182603_Twitter.jpg

The only reason she tweeted about this was because she was called out and because she wanted the clout and the praise which is exactly what she got. I mean I'm still glad she did it because she does have a big platform now but her reasons for it make me sick. Can someone on youtube like readytoglare anyone with a following expose this girl because this is getting gross. 

Screenshot_20200528-190141_Twitter.jpg

20200528_190202.jpg

20200528_190219.jpg

Why are ppl praising her for speaking up about this? The bar is so low. Her tweets don't even sound genuine, they're sooo scripted and performative. Lol. She doesn't even sound angry or actually affected by it. The way she worded her tweets + the retweets are her way of saying "There I spoke up and retweeted about BLM, y'all happy now?" But maybe that's just me. Lol.

Edited by Ube

Posted

Why are ppl praising her for speaking up about this? The bar is so low. Her tweets don't even sound genuine, they're sooo scripted and performative. Lol. She doesn't even sound angry or actually affected by it. The way she worded her tweets + the retweets are her way of saying "There I spoke up and retweeted about BLM, y'all happy now?" But maybe that's just me. Lol.

that's only because somebody called her out on it on insta, and she's  trying her best to come off genuine. Being genuine doesn't  seem to come naturally to her. Everything she does is very calculated. this girl doesn't  do anything if she can't benefit from it alyssa only cares about alyssa.

Posted

She doesn't have enough value/tone variation in her art either. As a professional you know stylized anatomy isn't bad but when one knows nothing about anatomy, the stylization just makes the painting look childish rather than balanced. 

if we compare her to the following: Stella Holtburg, Ito chieko, Junko Mizuno, Angela Ho. All have stylized women, but even the wildest stylization (with Angela Ho, who does pop surrealism) has purpose and shows knowledge of the fundamentals because its used to exaggerate perspective or create different effects within the canvas in a way that is cohesive and balanced. Alyssa can't claim this because it does nothing. Her style is also ALL over the place especially recently. 

I'm saying I agree on most points but I don't consider her a good commercial illustrator, rather she's good at marketing and selling herself to sell her work. The issue is...if you saw her work and had no idea who she was, would you still buy it??? With no art background maybe...but i believe if her paintings were side by side by legitimate artists she'd be passed over in favor for the better work. 

Posted

She posted donation links on twitter and people are replying and telling her to post her donation receipt/how much she donated lmaoo wonder if she's gonna ignore them like she does every other time people try to call her out

Posted

She doesn't have enough value/tone variation in her art either. As a professional you know stylized anatomy isn't bad but when one knows nothing about anatomy, the stylization just makes the painting look childish rather than balanced. 

if we compare her to the following: Stella Holtburg, Ito chieko, Junko Mizuno, Angela Ho. All have stylized women, but even the wildest stylization (with Angela Ho, who does pop surrealism) has purpose and shows knowledge of the fundamentals because its used to exaggerate perspective or create different effects within the canvas in a way that is cohesive and balanced. Alyssa can't claim this because it does nothing. Her style is also ALL over the place especially recently. 

I'm saying I agree on most points but I don't consider her a good commercial illustrator, rather she's good at marketing and selling herself to sell her work. The issue is...if you saw her work and had no idea who she was, would you still buy it??? With no art background maybe...but i believe if her paintings were side by side by legitimate artists she'd be passed over in favor for the better work. 

exactly!! stylized anatomy still usually follows some sort of anatomy or at least some sort of perspective rules (which, although I'm not very knowledgeable in the art field, I've only seen broken by artists for abstract portraits) which she doesn't follow. those incoherences between facial features don't really seem like "style choices" as much as they seem like typical errors from people who can't draw anatomy/perspective without a model (which she didn't seem to have for most of her paintings). for example, junko mizuno messes with the proportions when it comes to sizes and even head shape, but she still follows perspective and there is coherence between the angles of the facial features and the head. I'm sorry, I can't really put into words what I think tbh but I hope I got the idea across :/

tl;dr: imo the proportions of the women Alyssa draws seem completely off, uncanny and accidental imo. I'm comparing below the line art someone earlier outlined as the base line art for one of her paintings and one of junko's stylized girls to show the difference I find between purposely messing with proportions and mistakes in the proportions between facial features' angles and the angle of the head

1561425781124.thumb.jpg.488e5b0cc72519275ed1636fa2840_Capture_dcran_2020-05-29__