• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

Alyssa D. Silos (Alythuh)

1072 posts in this topic

Posted

Her coloring has really improved but I refuse to believe in the amount of time that she’s not been producing art that she now understand proportions and perspective so suddenly. 

again, as others have mentioned here, I think the focus is less on the art and more on the lifestyle. I do believe if she had integrity about being an artist she wouldn’t so blatantly trace or transfer. It’s obvious to people who do art that the jump from her more recent pieces to these proportionally-sound ones that it’s unnatural. 

3C8A61AC-9FF3-4C5E-8148-CBE5321A3A68.png

I agree with this post. Its hard to believe imporve this much over night. But with that said, I found drawing on a bigger scaled canvas always easier to draw on. As it provides more freedom. But do I think she's posting these to show off that she's infact *creating* proportionate art as a get back to this thread? Possibly. But she's no way that she's a full blown artist if she only post about her art once every blue moon.

Posted

20200527_102249.thumb.jpg.a4586a2f54ab96

Hey remember when she wore the badge that she couldnt cook proudly and we all said "hey thats sad that you're an adult who cant take care of yourself through basic cooking"?

Well she's finally recognizing it as a character flaw.

Must be nice not having to learn how to fend for yourself at a young age...really pokes holes in the rags to riches story lmao.

Also its sad that shes literally an adult who can't take care of herself since she allegedly has all this money for a condo. Order delivery...many restaurants and food chains are still very much open even with Covid and offer free delivery. If you're going to pretend to be a responsible adult online by flexing a house and business, then at least act like you know how to survive like one??? And not a 4 year old who's been handed everything so long that you never learned basic survival skills anyone in the lower class did????

IDK how she never understood how embarrassing it is to be literally BRAGGING about not knowing how to cook even basic dishes... I guess she tried to make herself seem a 'uwu cute, helpless moe hottie!', but man... Imagine living with a person who can't even take care of themselves. It's pathetic.

The lame part is that she obviously ''recognizes it as a flaw'' only because she reads multiple forums daily, which I think its not sincere. She is trying to pander to PULL only just so everyone could gently 'fuck off' and stop calling her out for her toxicity.

As about her fast art improvement... I call it bs! Art is a really difficult skill to learn, and there's no way u can magically make everything 'look perfect', considering the fact that she actually traced so much on her previous art.

Posted (edited)

I would hope that she's trying to improve her art instead of staying stagnant but those digital pieces don't even look like they were made by the same artist. I wouldn't be surprised if she hired someone to make them for her. That's my negative speculation though. If she DID make those, then damn, she should become a digital artist instead. Traditional art isn't for everyone. Personally I'm a lot stronger with digital tools than I am with traditional and it's not uncommon for a lot of artists to have stronger art digitally than traditionally as well as vice versa.

Screenshot_20200527-111404_Gallery.thumbScreenshot_20200527-111440_Gallery.thumbScreenshot_20200527-111533_Gallery.thumbThese are actually her digital art when she first got her ipad. I'm sure during the time from of when shd first got her ipad to now... she was able to improve a bit..

but not this dramatic...

20200527_111925.thumb.jpg.3a952531651b86

where she knows proportions and perspective this well for the amount of work she puts into her art... which is very minimal. I think she's just trying to "flex". When all she did was trace. It's not hard to trace in procrate. digital art makes it incredibly easy for "artists" to trace and put it as their own art they drew on their own. I wish she showed references of the things in her digital art to prove thay she is referencing something instead of jusf saying i "i need models for reference" "im sick of referencing myself". Like girl... it's not like you can't change the way you look by drawing it differently... but oh wait... she's just tracing. That's why it ends up looking exactly like her. I also feel like she wants to sell these to people to buy with her face on it too in a way. 'cause why else would her whole theme be about famme fatal portraying herself. She has an image of herself that she thinks she's the baddest bitch in town.

Anyways i wish she showed her process... and the things she referenced on. It takes the fun away when it just posted without any WIP. 

Also digital art is not easy art. It's easy in terms of tracing. But when you're actually referencing off objecgs and people, and drawing things layer by layer it's not easy to master. Knowing how to properly layer took a while too Haha.

Edited by Turtlee

Posted

her body is "quirky" starvation for internet brownie points from girls who struggle with self image and want to believe that these are valid ways to stay thin and photoshop (or whatever else editing app). girl is so fucking hypocritical and disguises her bodychecks as ~femme fatale~ "watch me paint in lingerie"- photos as someone recovering from an ed it's honestly disgusting and just so fucking stupid like shut the fuck up alyssa

Posted

Even if you're a terrible cook, that doesn't explain not making even the most basic of meals. Get a rice cooker and shut up, jesus christ. You can't even make an excuse about carbs being fattening if you're eating ramen noodles and nothing else. You clearly aren't putting that much effort into healthy eating, so there's no issue, right?

Oh, yeah! The issue is that if she acted like an adult for even 3 seconds and did this, she wouldn't have an excuse to tell her followers how little she eats every 3 weeks. Pathetic.

Posted

Lmao maybe this is why her ex fucking left her ass HAHA I would too. She’s 20something years old and can’t take care of herself

Posted

20200527_102249.thumb.jpg.a4586a2f54ab96

Hey remember when she wore the badge that she couldnt cook proudly and we all said "hey thats sad that you're an adult who cant take care of yourself through basic cooking"?

Well she's finally recognizing it as a character flaw.

Must be nice not having to learn how to fend for yourself at a young age...really pokes holes in the rags to riches story lmao.

Also its sad that shes literally an adult who can't take care of herself since she allegedly has all this money for a condo. Order delivery...many restaurants and food chains are still very much open even with Covid and offer free delivery. If you're going to pretend to be a responsible adult online by flexing a house and business, then at least act like you know how to survive like one??? And not a 4 year old who's been handed everything so long that you never learned basic survival skills anyone in the lower class did????

Why is she calling it "character flaw" like she's some anime character? LMFAOOO.

Even if you're a terrible cook, that doesn't explain not making even the most basic of meals. Get a rice cooker and shut up, jesus christ. You can't even make an excuse about carbs being fattening if you're eating ramen noodles and nothing else. You clearly aren't putting that much effort into healthy eating, so there's no issue, right?

Oh, yeah! The issue is that if she acted like an adult for even 3 seconds and did this, she wouldn't have an excuse to tell her followers how little she eats every 3 weeks. Pathetic.

I'm surprised she's not talking about how as a Filipino, she loves to eat rice and other Filipino food? A lot of Fil-Am influencers tend to talk so much about it, they think liking rice and adobo is a personality.

Posted

Have been lurking this thread for a bit and just took a screencap of this tweet as it is interesting that PULL are not only seeing it. Even if it is a few, but still it can be telling that there are some people feeling suspicious. I am all for representation in art but after lurking I still feel she is using it as an aesthetic and for her picture perfect social media image.

Also as I was writing this on my phone I kept going back to Twitter so I do not miss anything and she tweeted this like about a half hour after. (Sorry for the inconsistent times, but just wanted to make sure the original and Alyssa’s both have time stamps because  she is obviously looking up her name on Twitter). My theory is that she made an original tweet about being a black ally after reading those tweets. Also the tweets before her original tweet were like only 2 BLM tweets she has retweeted so far.

Sorry for being on mobile. I probably would edit this post once I get on the computer to format it.

1EAB36A4-E10C-44C8-AA09-1600AE859924.jpeg

69948705-7CDD-46B7-A5B2-F66C4E4D33B4.jpeg

A0304D82-1D89-46C2-BCD3-B47FEF0C43A9.jpeg

CFD1248A-25A5-4084-9455-5E0D91FA1CD0.jpeg

Posted

Omg guys this girl is honestly so disingenuous. somebody tagged her on a few instaposts about using her platform to spread awareness about black people and racism, and of course like clock work she posts these tweets on her Twitter like almost immediately after. You just can't make this up. Like wow. This girl is so fake.

Screenshot_20200528-184947_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200528-182629_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20200528-182613_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20200528-182603_Twitter.jpg

The only reason she tweeted about this was because she was called out and because she wanted the clout and the praise which is exactly what she got. I mean I'm still glad she did it because she does have a big platform now but her reasons for it make me sick. Can someone on youtube like readytoglare anyone with a following expose this girl because this is getting gross. 

Screenshot_20200528-190141_Twitter.jpg

20200528_190202.jpg

20200528_190219.jpg

Posted

3C8A61AC-9FF3-4C5E-8148-CBE5321A3A68.png

i'm sorry but is she painting herself as black skinned ?

Posted

Omg now that you mentioned this.... the drastic difference between her foot/ankle compared to her skintone in that painting of hers 😭 she wants to “embrace her tan-ness” but it comes off disingenuous and virtue signaling lol same with her BLM tweets

Posted

If you look at her photos, she's a very light shade of tan at best. I don't know why she insists on being dark-skinned so bad...... I get that she had to deal with salespeople encouraging her to buy whitening products but she still isn't as dark as she portrays herself! 

Posted

she directly profits off of drawing black women according to western beauty standards, gives 0 acknowledgment, and talks about anti blackness in the asian community

THE IRONY

Posted (edited)

I swatched colors from her self portrait, her foot, and her skin tone in the Kida cosplay photo because of the neutral daylight and her face being a good reference. Did this so the non believers and the lurkers can't excuse her being WOC as a reason for putting darker skin on her self portraits. This could also help Alyssa anyway since she's lurking here, thus she can refer to the swatches to see what her actual skin tone is. (I used seven circles for better shade ranges, and sorry if it's not straight, this was done very quickly hahaha.)

She's not as dark as her portrait on the wooden canvas. She's also not even using the same skin undertone at all. Her skin seems to be medium with neutral warm undertones. (The foot photo kind of looks a little neutral cool but palms and soles/toes always have lighter coloring.) It's very annoying and frustrating that she's using her morena Filipino card to excuse herself from doing some mild form of blackface like the Kardashians do many times. This isn't an empowering way to be proud of her own skin color, in fact it's deviating from the cause of keeping her skin as is–whether it's on her actual skin, in photos, or in a painting. Her medium shade of tan is what it is, she doesn't need to darken herself in art to make a point about loving a skin color that isn't even on her body. If she was light skinned and/or white like babsdraw, she'd get more flack for this shit. Don't excuse this as "stylization" either because by the looks of this portrait and the proportions, she's going for realism. No way that's her real skin tone at all, as seen in previous photos of her. (Props to her for not using a white base anymore though.)

It's one thing to appreciate the diversity of skin tones and speak out against colorism. It's another to portray yourself darker than you actually are for the Twitter / Instagram clout you get for "representing" tanned Asians.

IMG_1586.thumb.JPG.e9363924a6882b3561888IMG_1587.thumb.JPG.c69c4b6b90b733382b063

Edited by TeeAviwecht