• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

Alyssa D. Silos (Alythuh)

1072 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

IG: www.instagram.com/alythuh

Twitter (main): www.twitter.com/alythuh

Twitter (anime): www.twitter.com/alyafterdark

Alythuh is a full-time fine artist who quit her job 2 - 2.5 years ago. Her art has been successful which has led to exhibition(s). There doesn’t seem to be any blemishes in regards to her as an artist and she seems nice overall.

However, when I was looking through her photos on Twitter; I noticed something interesting about them. It made me question if she really is visiting these destinations. A few Twitter users also pointed out the photoshop, which I’ve circled, in the attached photos.

Here is the link to said photos: https://mobile.twitter.com/Alythuh/status/1142152343556722688

What’s your opinion on her?

9D3B0057-CC1C-4E55-B744-11F685B950B4.jpeg

34167330-19D9-4B08-80DE-532478620A72.jpeg

43A64461-B8C2-4185-AD51-F17C867B05AF.jpeg

2A0739F1-1E26-4C60-9853-6A35E9F14030.jpeg

5FB7223A-D1F1-4001-8723-DB42ED621108.jpeg

Edited by cheesecake
Photos out of place

Posted (edited)

did she get famous through twitter? i had no idea she existed until i saw a lot of people following her on there

her art is just okay, it's really distinctive, but tbh i think people notice/pay attention to her more for pictures of herself than her art

good for her for becoming successful though 

edit: what if she edited those photos to make it look like she was more successful than she actually is? and when those posts get her more followers/engagement, that allows her to sell more art?? 🤔

Edited by yams

Posted (edited)

did she get famous through twitter? i had no idea she existed until i saw a lot of people following her on there

her art is just okay, it's really distinctive, but tbh i think people notice/pay attention to her more for pictures of herself than her art

good for her for becoming successful though 

edit: what if she edited those photos to make it look like she was more successful than she actually is? and when those posts get her more followers/engagement, that allows her to sell more art?? 🤔

I’m not sure tbh, I stumbled upon her art from a friend a long time ago on ig before she got more popular

my assumption was she actually went to those destinations but didnt get the chance to capture events and whatnot the way she wanted to so she shooped them. But idk, it’s just really odd to me. She was able to name the locations and some little tidbits about the places she went to as well but I mean, google can do wonders

Did you already know of her before twitter? Like ig?

Edited by cheesecake

Posted

I’m not sure tbh, I stumbled upon her art from a friend a long time ago on ig before she got more popular

my assumption was she actually went to those destinations but didnt get the chance to capture events and whatnot the way she wanted to so she shooped them. But idk, it’s just really odd to me. She was able to name the locations and some little tidbits about the places she went to as well but I mean, google can do wonders

Did you already know of her before twitter? Like ig?

yeah that seems weird.... if you didn't get to do those things, you didn't get to do those things. seems like she's putting on a front 

no i don't follow her at all, but found her this year since i have friends who follow her on twitter 

ive never seen her on instagram either

Posted

yeah that seems weird.... if you didn't get to do those things, you didn't get to do those things. seems like she's putting on a front 

no i don't follow her at all, but found her this year since i have friends who follow her on twitter 

ive never seen her on instagram either

Were you able to find anything else odd about the pictures? I’m not exactly the greatest at that 😅

I found her from this old piece of hers, she’s Filo and Chinese I think (this piece has been deleted from her ig page)

If she is putting up a front then I’d be disappointed because she honestly seems pretty chill. I think there’s a post where she said she was able to finally buy her own studio for her art but it looks like a room in the house she lives in. No hate towards her but everything is super fishy.

At least she isn’t shooping herself into the oblivions (?)

4DF6D353-D2FD-40DE-BCDC-BD435A9FB488.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Were you able to find anything else odd about the pictures? I’m not exactly the greatest at that 😅

I found her from this old piece of hers, she’s Filo and Chinese I think (this piece has been deleted from her ig page)

If she is putting up a front then I’d be disappointed because she honestly seems pretty chill. I think there’s a post where she said she was able to finally buy her own studio for her art but it looks like a room in the house she lives in. No hate towards her but everything is super fishy.

At least she isn’t shooping herself into the oblivions (?)

4DF6D353-D2FD-40DE-BCDC-BD435A9FB488.jpeg

i found the ones she took in turkey to be the weirdest...
i adjusted the pictures to have the same perspective, and the blanket/pillows don't move at all from when she stands up/sits down... its like there wasn't any actual weight put on it - look at where her hand is and where she's sitting (unless the blanket was REALLY stiff)
from other people's photos, those pillows seem to be really soft/cozy, so the fact that they don't move at all is odd 

the objects around her seem to change where her shadow is, so that makes me second guess that these photos are fake, but all of this is really weird lol 

ScreenShot2019-10-20at32446PM.thumb.gif.

Edited by yams

Posted

i found the ones she took in turkey to be the weirdest...i adjusted the pictures to have the same perspective, and the blanket/pillows don't move at all from when she stands up/sits down... its like there wasn't any actual weight put on it - look at where her hand is and where she's sitting (unless the blanket was REALLY stiff)
from other people's photos, those pillows seem to be really soft/cozy, so the fact that they don't move at all is odd 

the objects around her seem to change where her shadow is, so that makes me second guess that these photos are fake, but all of this is really weird lol 

ScreenShot2019-10-20at32446PM.thumb.gif.

The notebook was what really threw me off too. It just looks so copy and pasted to me.

I know her foot in the Turkey picture (pic I posted) was super blurry. Also the one where she’s in the boat. The guy in the background didn’t seem to “blend” in well. As if he was also pasted in and the edges werent fixed.

I know a few people were pointing out these shoops as well and she ignored em. Wonder if she blocked them lol

But thank you for taking your time and discussing her with me! I’m honestly so intrigued. I wonder if there’s anything else about her.

I know she had a boobjob done that she said she paid for, but idk if it was done when her business was still growing (I THINK it was but could be wrong)

Posted

If these pics are photoshopped then goddamn she’s fantastic at it. I used to work as a photo editor and would like to say that I’m fairly good at pointing out signs of editing, but I can barely see anything. Getting the exact same lighting and angle of lighting would be difficult af so I’m really wondering how she’d be able to pull it off 

Posted (edited)

If these pics are photoshopped then goddamn she’s fantastic at it. I used to work as a photo editor and would like to say that I’m fairly good at pointing out signs of editing, but I can barely see anything. Getting the exact same lighting and angle of lighting would be difficult af so I’m really wondering how she’d be able to pull it off 

i have no experience in photoshop like you but i had a hard time telling and believing too! But after looking at the pic longer.. thats when i noticed weird shadows/blurs (if that is correct term)

shes gonna be going to Thailand soon, let’s wait and see on new photos lmfao

but maybe she has experience in ps or knows someone who does. She posted a cosplay standing in front of a brick wall and i noticed some odd blurs around her body, specifically her head (link : https://mobile.twitter.com/alyafterdark/status/1183516356987121665)

CEB1D47E-1180-4602-AE2C-1C8B4E2D636B.jpeg

Edited by cheesecake

Posted

i have no experience in photoshop like you but i had a hard time telling and believing too! But after looking at the pic longer.. thats when i noticed weird shadows/blurs (if that is correct term)

shes gonna be going to Thailand soon, let’s wait and see on new photos lmfao

but maybe she has experience in ps or knows someone who does. She posted a cosplay standing in front of a brick wall and i noticed some odd blurs around her body, specifically her head (link : https://mobile.twitter.com/alyafterdark/status/1183516356987121665)

CEB1D47E-1180-4602-AE2C-1C8B4E2D636B.jpeg

her hair is definitely photoshopped in... theres a halo around the edges of her hair where she tried to blend it in, but didn't erase enough of the original background of hair photo

there's also no shadow under the hair where it's sitting on her shoulders or the straps of her holsters - makes it look like it's floating on top

5CD5C603-9BF3-4D98-83D1-16A54CF4A705.thu

Posted

her hair is definitely photoshopped in... theres a halo around the edges of her hair where she tried to blend it in, but didn't erase enough of the original background of hair photo

there's also no shadow under the hair where it's sitting on her shoulders or the straps of her holsters - makes it look like it's floating on top

5CD5C603-9BF3-4D98-83D1-16A54CF4A705.thu

Omg I didn’t even notice the hairs on her shoulder lacking shadows. I was scrolling deeper down her twitter and found this photo. Are my eyes playing tricks on me??? Or is it just the bright lighting?? The guy looks pasted on and so does the painting. https://mobile.twitter.com/alyafterdark/status/939627741674061824

8FCA7688-3B80-449F-B24B-3FF96948B75B.jpeg

Posted

i've seen her art stuff on IG before but i wasn't aware of the photoshopped ig photos. lol

the things people do to get some validation from strangers on the internet...

Posted

does anyone remember her video on how she makes money through her art or was that just a fever dream of mine? i am almost 99% sure that was her, but when i went back to check the video was gone.

she's also doing this massive giveaway on twitter, there's a nintendo switch mixed in lmao, maybe she's just really giving but damn. 

Posted

does anyone remember her video on how she makes money through her art or was that just a fever dream of mine? i am almost 99% sure that was her, but when i went back to check the video was gone.

she's also doing this massive giveaway on twitter, there's a nintendo switch mixed in lmao, maybe she's just really giving but damn. 

I haven’t, do you remember what was mentioned or if anything odd stuck out to you?

I’ve become jaded when it comes to giveaways because most of the time they do it to gain more followers and never follow through. Not sure if she’s like that, if she isnt then props to her.

Posted

I haven’t, do you remember what was mentioned or if anything odd stuck out to you?

I’ve become jaded when it comes to giveaways because most of the time they do it to gain more followers and never follow through. Not sure if she’s like that, if she isnt then props to her.

okay so i went and looked it up and it was actually a vlog called 'Day in my life as a full time artist', she uploaded sped-up/snippets of the vlog onto her twitter but i remember the vlogs were posted on her youtube channel. I have no idea why she deleted them, but here's a screencap of her plugging her youtube channel (which contains only one video now):

Screenshot_20191104-143100_Twitter.jpg